Axl Rose By Sante D'Orazio

Creepman 06

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eyeliner worked wonders for Green Day, it turned them back into rock gods after years of relative obscurity...

Ozzy is even older than Axl and he never goes onstage without.

Marilyn Manson anyone?

what about Alice Cooper?

Nikki Sixx, and his mates...

That´s the thing, they´re on stage while wearing it. Not in private, except for freakshow Marilyn of course...

eyeliner worked wonders for Green Day, it turned them back into rock gods after years of relative obscurity...

Marilyn Manson anyone?

what about Alice Cooper?

That´s the thing, they´re on stage while wearing it. Not in private, except for freakshow Marilyn of course...

Sixx don't just wear it on stage bro. And he is a badass mother fucker.

In HTGTH someone even modified my pics and applied a watermark "HTGTH" on them.

That sucks.

bullshit.... gypsysoul scanned the pics and put a watermark under them. there are like 10 different scans floating around dude.

Marilyn Manson anyone?

what about Alice Cooper?

a photoshot isn`t quite private, is it?

think before posting... i don`t like him wearing make up by the way.....

Edited by WARose

As for the person that said most people on here are teens and in their 20s, well I recall a post where a lot of people claimed to be in late 20s to mid 30s. But, that was just a small generalization, on my acount of reading that post, of course... And if what I said was bs, they could have been lying... Anyway, most teenagers these days don't even know who Guns N' Roses is (or was)... Oh, well... all aplologies...

As for the person that said most people on here are teens and in their 20s, well I recall a post where a lot of people claimed to be in late 20s to mid 30s. But, that was just a small generalization, on my acount of reading that post, of course... And if what I said was bs, they could have been lying... Anyway, most teenagers these days don't even know who Guns N' Roses is (or was)... Oh, well... all aplologies...

I'm 26 in 16 days :) I'm a big boy now.

;)

Edited by Leigh-Rok!

So what ever happened to Robert John? is he out of the GNR inner circle now? because I thought he was the exclusive GNR photographer...

I think that Sante has the exclusive deal to make photo's of Axl for the Vogue magazine and that George Chin now is the photographer for the live shows.

Ok, the scans were not perfect, but it's funny how some people want to take credit for others job.

EDIT: at first that's what I thought but now I think they're his own scans

I didn't do this for the glory, but only to share something important to our community like others did in the past.

For those complaining about the quality, sorry for taking the time to buy, scan and upload the pics, next time I will buy a new scanner for you.

For those of you requesting, I uploaded the original not resized scans in a zipped file. ;)

Axl L'Uomo Vogue Original Scans

Go Axl !!! rock3

hey man thanks a ton for spending the money to buy the mag (I know its not a cheap one) and for taking the time to scan those photos! I think every one around here at least is very appreciative of the time you took, and how you had to go out of your way to do that, and if it weren't for you, we wouldnt have these pics without the htgth watermark ruining them.

i hope by my feeble attempt to clean them up a little (in my post on page 13 i thin) you dont think i was trying to take credit for them. You had to go out and spend your money, and use your scanner, that is all the work and the hard part, i just tried to make em a little clearer for everyone on this forum. anyway, just wanted you to know i wasnt trying to take credit at all. Thanks again for posting the pics in the first place!

So what ever happened to Robert John? is he out of the GNR inner circle now? because I thought he was the exclusive GNR photographer...

Axl and Robert John had a major falling out around the late 90s. At one point, RJ was threatening to sue him, IIRC because Axl was refusing to return or pay for hundreds of photos he'd taken. I guess it got sorted out, but yeah, I think he's out of the inner circle.

What does Luomo mean? Is that italian? brazilian?

L'uomo is Italian for 'man' (or really, 'the man'). It's the men's edition of Vogue-Italy.

Speaking of photographers...hasn't George Chin actually been around for a while in the GnR camp? I could swear he was credited for some Illusion-era photos.

Ok, the scans were not perfect, but it's funny how some people want to take credit for others job.

EDIT: at first that's what I thought but now I think they're his own scans

I didn't do this for the glory, but only to share something important to our community like others did in the past.

For those complaining about the quality, sorry for taking the time to buy, scan and upload the pics, next time I will buy a new scanner for you.

For those of you requesting, I uploaded the original not resized scans in a zipped file. ;)

Axl L'Uomo Vogue Original Scans

Go Axl !!! rock3

hey man thanks a ton for spending the money to buy the mag (I know its not a cheap one) and for taking the time to scan those photos! I think every one around here at least is very appreciative of the time you took, and how you had to go out of your way to do that, and if it weren't for you, we wouldnt have these pics without the htgth watermark ruining them.

i hope by my feeble attempt to clean them up a little (in my post on page 13 i thin) you dont think i was trying to take credit for them. You had to go out and spend your money, and use your scanner, that is all the work and the hard part, i just tried to make em a little clearer for everyone on this forum. anyway, just wanted you to know i wasnt trying to take credit at all. Thanks again for posting the pics in the first place!

Thanks, I appreciate. ;) Merry Christmas :xmasssanta:

Tynia at htgth noticed that in the last pages there's a translation for the article. I didn't noticed before :)

I took 3 pics with my camera.

Axl Rose by Sante D'Orazio - Text.zip

Edited by W.AxlRose

Guess I'm the only one that hates these pics. I hate seeing Axl posing in designer clothes for a fashion magazine, like he's some sort of fashionista or something. These pics don't look very Guns N' Roses to me. Guns N' Roses is supposed to be a dirty, low life, rock n' roll band. I'd much rather see just one cool pic of the band together, in T shirts and jeans, standing side by side. You know, like most rock bands do and like GN'R used to do. But maybe that's not who Axl is anymore.

:no:

Guess I'm the only one that hates these pics. I hate seeing Axl posing in designer clothes for a fashion magazine, like he's some sort of fashionista or something. These pics don't look very Guns N' Roses to me. Guns N' Roses is supposed to be a dirty, low life, rock n' roll band. I'd much rather see just one cool pic of the band together, in T shirts and jeans, standing side by side. You know, like most rock bands do and like GN'R used to do. But maybe that's not who Axl is anymore.

:no:

Believe it or not, but people grow up. Frankly, I'm glad he hasn't tried to stick with his "bad boy" image... as at his age it would look quite silly. Not only that but you'd get so many bashers saying "He's just stuck in the past, he needs to move on". Hell, if we all liked a band that never changed, we'd be at a Twisted Sister forum. Having said that, I'm sure Axl will pose for a few "old fashioned rock 'n' roll" pics in the future, just to please the older fans. But I doubt we'll see a lot.