CD - the first single. **From 06 .. I knew it would be LOL

gnfnr2006

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again,

You guys have heard 5 or 6 of the 13 that will be on the record. Catcher In The Rye prolly won't be on there.

Why on Earth are people speculating on what the single will be if you haven't heard over half the record?

Oh that's right, we're all bored at work with nothing better to do.

Come on though, it's all but confirmed that 'Better' will be the first single. It's the first new song on the setlist, it was one of the leaks, Axl has stated it as being one of his favourite songs AND it was used on the Harley Davidson advert. Unless Axl has a change of heart and thinks that another song would be a better first single (which could happen, knowing Axl), I'm pretty sure that the first GNR song the mainstream will be hearing on the radio is 'Better'.

CD sounds like it was written during the alternative/grunge era. The kind of song Axl was looking for from Slash and company post UYI but they weren't up to par.

It's got that Nirvana "Teen Spirit" feel with the Smashing Pumpkin type soloing. And then you have the industrial sound that only Finck can deliver. And of course, you know that Brain and Pitman will have contributed something exotic to the sound that we won't be able to pick out until we get a studio version. Mix this all in with GnR's AFD rock sound and that what's you get - a modernized GnR rock song - well, it might be a little outdated now but who knows what people will like next.

Atleast its better then anything from Snakepit or VR.

Edited by Anti

The lyrics aren't excellent.

The song is itself is below average.

The intro is cool.

Not single material at all.

How dare you say that Jackamo? ...that's Pittman's song dude. :lol:

on topic: The last LIVE version of Ch-Democracy song I heard was a fucking killer....I wasn't that much of a fan of this song before...but that live version just blew me way. rock4

Edited by Funeral

I like the song, I think it would make a good opener on the album, but I don't think it would be good as a lead single.

Better, CITR or The Blues

one of those would be great

or something we have not heard yet

Edited by Axl-rocks

• 4 months later...
I say 100% yes

This song KILLS!!

That scream just before the song kicks in.......holy shit thats awesome!

This song rocks HARD

Its funny to see the initial responses to this post back in Dec.

If anyone thinks Chinese Democracy is boring, you're obviously not playing it loud enough.

And if it's still boring, put on some Sunglasses and hot pants and run around with a flashlight and pretend to be Axl.

Hell works for me ^_^

:mellow:

:rofl-lol:

hot pants !! :rofl-lol:

If anyone thinks Chinese Democracy is boring, you're obviously not playing it loud enough.

And if it's still boring, put on some Sunglasses and hot pants and run around with a flashlight and pretend to be Axl.

Hell works for me ^_^

:mellow:

:rofl-lol:

hot pants !! :rofl-lol:

:lol: sounds like an idea (not for me though)

Edited by P.A. Guns