Why is Axl so stingy on live material?

Son Of A Gun

Anybody else wondering here why Axl is being such a stingy asshole when it comes to live material? Ever since the beginning of UYI tour we have gotten almost no really good shows. They played a 192 concert tour and the shows were all pro-shot and I don't see why having all that Axl never released a single DECENT show. And by decent I mean that you can listen to the show which sounds more ass kicking than the songs on the album. He didn't release one show like that. Moving on...European & US tour 2006. We only got Rock In Rio...pretty poorly played show, Rock Am Ring which is not even a full show, and we got Inland Invasion which when you look at the leaks or the old album songs sounds like a complete joke the way that was recorded. Most other rock bands out there will release more than an ample amount of live shows in perfect quality and what do we get from Axl? (let's just count this year rather)....a poorly played show, partial set of a show, and a badly recorded show. Whilst other bands out there will release over 20 soundboards for every yaer of rocking. It's really hard being a fan of Axl's music when he won't even release much decent soundboards of good live material. He's delayed his album for several years and the least he could do in gratitude to his fans is release unoficially over the internet soundboard concerts from this year. He's the most stingy musician when it comes to uploading live material onto the internet for his fans. He has no excuse for being stingy on live material. :no:

EDIT: FOR THOSE WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS I SAID NOT IF HE RELEASES A LIVE ALBUM. BUT IF HE JUST UPLOADS SOME OF THE SHOWS THEY DO ON THE NET. FOR THE FANS TO HAVE TO DOWNLOAD. JUST GIVING THE SHOWS ONLINE BASICALLY AS A GTARITUDE TO FANS.

Edited by Son Of A Gun

my belief is that axl doesn't want to release something he is not happy with. Thats not to say live performances are bad. Axl probably views live shows as i know i would. it can never be perfect, or, to put it another way, one can not be 100% happy with how everything goes. take for instance the Live Era cd. a lot of work was put into making it sound unbelievable, but not phony. now look at the Tokyo 92 dvds. HUGE difference. its raw. i think axl prefers to make everything "perfect, but not too perfect". this would take up too much time when he has more pressing matters to deal with (releasing cd, touring, and hundreds of other thing we don't and will never know about)

maybe down the line we will get something from the footage shot on the 06 tour/touring done in 07. someday we may even get another UYI dvd or two, maybe another live CD.

live era is shit ass. especially the rerecorded songs. as well as the fact that he chose some really shit shows to take songs off.

and axl really is too selfish...so he won't give us shows because HE doesn't like htem? what aobut us fans who LOVE them? he doesn't think about that. all he thinks about is himself. he 's the most stingy asshole in terms of giving live material.

i can sympathize with axl, i know what its like to not be happy with something and have to keep re doing it and improving something until its perfect. he inst being selfish. he just doesn't have the time right now to do it. i dont know about you, but i care more about CD than i do a couple of UYI shows. if you look over the past 10 years, it seems axl has been doing something more important that working with old material.

gawh. it's not so hard for him to upload a show on the internet. all it takes is to get the shows they did and upload them on the net for the fans to download. jesus christ. to say that he hasnt released even 5 decent live shows from 1991 to 2006 is really pathetic. and as for new gnr they did like 70 shows this year. axl could be at least nice enough for his fans to upload some of them. what kind of a rock band is stingy on live material (or person i should say)

gawh. it's not so hard for him to upload a show on the internet. all it takes is to get the shows they did and upload them on the net for the fans to download. jesus christ. to say that he hasnt released even 5 decent live shows from 1991 to 2006 is really pathetic. and as for new gnr they did like 70 shows this year. axl could be at least nice enough for his fans to upload some of them. what kind of a rock band is stingy on live material (or person i should say)

dude, your missing the point. axl will not release something he is not happy with. id bet that axl is rarely happy with a entire show. things go wrong, he runs out of breath, somebody fucks up solo, its live rock. things happen and although they don't hide it, they try to prevent it. i will be surprised if we ever get any more raw live material. i cant blame axl for that. thats how he works. its how i work too.

Edited by fridayfan13

live is never perfect. but who cares. axl should think more about what his fans want. no show will be perfect but the fans can still love and dig the show very much. the thing aobut this is his own ego. just cause he s not happy with the shows he thinks everybody else shouldnt be happy and not have them. funny thing is he released the most appalling show which i dont think even he is happy about. so i think he just cudnt be fucked.

again, your still missing the point. its not like he doesn't care about fans. maybe its just a perfectionist/OCD thing. he doesnt want a bad image of the band, which includes himself. once the CD comes out, or even starts promotion, you will see people trying to attack the band as much as possible. nitpicking live performances would be easy. those small things can be talked up very easily.

Axl runs around too much to release a perfect live album. Watching Axl at a show is mesmerizing, and that doesn't come across when on a live album. Axl needs to play a couple low key gigs where he ditches his stage moves and just stands there and sings. I don't know if any of you guys owns the live "Band of Gypsies" album by Jimi Hendrix? It is an amazing live album which has a cool story behind it. Jimi played a live show at the Fillmore East where he pulled out all his stage moves, like playing the guitar with his teeth and behind his back. He walked off stage, and famed promoter and owner of the Fillmore, Bill Graham, told him that he was not impressed in the least. Jimi was taken aback by Grahams criticism of his showing off, and so when he went back out later on to perform another show, he just stood there and played. The result of doing this was the classic live album "Band of Gypsies". This is exactly what Axl needs to do in order to release a classic live album. I would pay anything to go to a show and just watch Axl stand there and sing. If Axl were to do this for a couple shows there is no doubt in my mind that he could put out a classic live album.

Axl runs around too much to release a perfect live album. Watching Axl at a show is mesmerizing, and that doesn't come across when on a live album. Axl needs to play a couple low key gigs where he ditches his stage moves and just stands there and sings. I don't know if any of you guys owns the live "Band of Gypsies" album by Jimi Hendrix? It is an amazing live album which has a cool story behind it. Jimi played a live show at the Fillmore East where he pulled out all his stage moves, like playing the guitar with his teeth and behind his back. He walked off stage, and famed promoter and owner of the Fillmore, Bill Graham, told him that he was not impressed in the least. Jimi was taken aback by Grahams criticism of his showing off, and so when he went back out later on to perform another show, he just stood there and played. The result of doing this was the classic live album "Band of Gypsies". This is exactly what Axl needs to do in order to release a classic live album. I would pay anything to go to a show and just watch Axl stand there and sing. If Axl were to do this for a couple shows there is no doubt in my mind that he could put out a classic live album.

Cool story, I didn't know that. You're right though.

Oh and FF13, well argued and well backed up. :)

well we get the same fucking crap from Axl every day too. but at least i don't do it on a daily basis. the fucker is the biggest stingy fuck i've ever seen. for all his stinginess the man is worth more dead than alive...i'd rather have all the bootlegs from the past in perfect quality than listen to the man at 44 years of age try to outdo a 30yr old version of himself. and all the guy has to do is put it on the computer, upload it and that's it. most bands release shitloads of live material over the internet for their fans. this guy almost gives no live material. and why? because he's a stingy egotistical bastard.

Edited by Son Of A Gun

give over. There's millions of people dying in the world and all you can worry about is how some guy hasn't released a few gigs. Firstly rock in rio and inland invasion were not officially released by axl they were just streamed and ripped with some providers keeping the material not for financial release. You also have to remember there is legal trouble releasing footage of the old band. And when yoy are tryiong to release a new album with a new band it doesn't make sense to release it of the old band otherwise people will cry the old "axl is living of the old band". Axl has been focusing on touring and getting the album out so im sure live material isn't high on his priorities list.

Is there anything wrong here with pointing out that Axl has released very little live material and that it is rather stingy?

But you've been beating that dead horse forever and a day now.

Its like listening to 'Rain Man'.

And ultimately, its pissing into the wind. You are "outraged" over something that is not going to change Not now, not ever. Axl is not going to suddenly release a 15 year old concert with a past tense line-up.

And frankly, there is no market for it.

And let's get real here. In addition to wishing for something that would not happen anyway, let's assume for a second it could. You actually think Axl would release the soundboard recording, warts and all?

YEAH RIGHT

The Tokyo show had impeccable sound, yet Axl chose to add in cheezy crowd noise and re-recorded vocals for the tracks that wound up on the abortion that was 'Live Era'.

So I ask you. What good is an official recording of the 08.03.1991 Inglewwod show if he's just going to doctor it up?

So please, for the love of God and your own sanity, give up this lost cause.

Edited by D-GenerationX

dgenerationx you didnt even read what i wrote really. because i also wrote that there is a selection of 70 shows from this year and majority kicked ass. and axl won't upload any of them for us fans. common. and yeah its beating a dead horse. axl has always been a stingy little asshole and he always will be.

Is there anything wrong here with pointing out that Axl has released very little live material and that it is rather stingy?

But you've been beating that dead horse forever and a day now.

Its like listening to 'Rain Man'.

And ultimately, its pissing into the wind. You are "outraged" over something that is not going to change Not now, not ever. Axl is not going to suddenly release a 15 year old concert with a past tense line-up.

And frankly, there is no market for it.

And let's get real here. In addition to wishing for something that would not happen anyway, let's assume for a second it could. You actually think Axl would release the soundboard recording, warts and all?

YEAH RIGHT

The Tokyo show had impeccable sound, yet Axl chose to add in cheezy crowd noise and re-recorded vocals for the tracks that wound up on the abortion that was 'Live Era'.

So I ask you. What good is an official recording of the 08.03.1991 Inglewwod show if he's just going to doctor it up?

So please, for the love of God and your own sanity, give up this lost cause.

All true,

i always wondered what was the real story with Live era?

was it just vocals were re-recorded or was it whole guitar mix's?

A few songs sound original,

eg. RQ, in the whole song you can only hear Lead and bass,

impossible to hear Izzy/Gilby in that one.

Has to mean Axl didnt spend ages butchering that song,

sounds pretty raw.

Not sure if Axl is that 'Stingy" with live material. The age of the live album, of classic raw rock n' roll is over. Unless you wanna be like Pearl Jam and relase all your shows on CD, or one of those hippy jam bands. Rock Bands now put out Live DVD's that are mosty overdubed now, making it into a big Hollywood production.

How many great live albums/ DVD's are out there now? Very few. Bands want u to go see the shows, not watch or listen to 'em at home.

YOU PEOPLE ARE DUMB AND HAVE NO EYES. I SAID NOT IF HE RELEASES A LIVE ALBUM. BUT IF HE JUST UPLOADS SOME OF THE SHOWS THEY DO ON THE NET. FOR THE FANS TO HAVE TO DOWNLOAD.

But this is just an extension of your pie in the sky mentality.

What in the blue hell would lead you to believe that Axl is going to go out of his way to throw us a bone?

And futhermore, it makes zero (do you hear me, ace? - ZERO) business sense to do this.

Wake the fuck up. You bore me with this, and I doubt I'm alone on that.