Axl, Bring Back the Bandana!

Estranged Reality

This has probably been discussed a lot over the past few months, but I'd really love to see the bandana make a return. Even at Rock in Rio III, when Axl was overweight, the bandana really brought back "Axl" - through all his image changes over the years, the bandana has always been there. I'm just really sad to see it disappear. It definitely makes him look more like a nu-metal candidate when he's got the dreads - the bandana would really help bring back memories of the classic Axl.

Maybe others are glad it's gone, but I loved the bandanas, and while I appreciate Axl changing his image again, it's one thing I'd be happy to always see at live shows. I wouldn't want to see a 45-year-old running about in kilts, but damn, that bandana kind of represented everything about Axl - along with the leather and the long red hair, the latter of which at least is still somewhat there.

* Note this isn't a bash, I'm not picking on him for dropping the bandana, I'm just saying I'd like to see it return and I think it would add a lot for nostalgic value.

** I know this will be moved to Dust N' Bones, I tried to post it there but it won't let me post anything. Sorry.

i remember how in the 80's rumours were going around that he tucked acid in the bandana and when he sweated on stage...the acid would go into his forehead and he'd start trippin'...

i've done acid before..but always orally...not sure if ur skin can absorb is and get u whacked...but i remembered it was just one more thing that made guns n' roses badasses.

The bandana was cool... but the dreads (or whatever you want to call them) don't work with it. Makes his head look too big... especially with the shorter dreads tied back. If he lost the dreads... by all means, bring it back!

Finally, I can't believe I read someone post about Axl and the rest of the old guys getting hair extensions?! You've gotta be kidding me, right? There are TOO many know-it-alls on here. I suggest that guy finds that letter that Del James wrote and reads it very carefully.

I've just finished cleaning up this thread.

"You Know Who" - if you wish to fight and hijack the thread with off-topic arguments, please use the pm system. That's what it's for.

Back on topic - I agree, I'd like to see the bandana make a comeback.

I've just finished cleaning up this thread.

"You Know Who" - if you wish to fight and hijack the thread with off-topic arguments, please use the pm system. That's what it's for.

Back on topic - I agree, I'd like to see the bandana make a comeback.

Thanks for deleting those posts, Madison; I appreciate it.

As for the hair extensions of other bandmembers, as someone else insinuated - :laugh:

I honestly don't think it's true, apart from Axl maybe (he's been receding since the mid-'90s and I think dreads/braids require extensions, so he probably has had some put in); and even if it were true, they still look great. Axl is in much better shape - physically and vocally - than during his last comeback and I'm really happy about that. Was listening to Rock am Ring again earlier today...he may still get the "helium" at times, but for the most part, he's at least gotten a lot of strength back in his voice - I.R.S., WTTJ and Better are fantastic.

I don't really mind the dreadlocks a whole lot - at least it's something kind of "different" compared to the typical rocker look. But I just think it would be nice, once in a while, to see that "classic" bandana...and if anyone might take great offense at the idea of someone liking to see another man wear a bandana, I apologize; it's a nostalgic thing. I always dug the bandana, and it was something really cool about Axl that became iconic; whenever someone draws or impersonates him there's always the bandana on him...

...but maybe that's why he isn't wearing it: to change his image?

Oh well.

Edited by Estranged Reality

I think ER is actually Clinton from 'What Not To Wear' :confused::o

http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/whatnott...us/clinton.html

Lol... couldn't resist. I wonder what Lando and Clinton would look like if they were to have a kid?

You never disappoint, Matt! :xmasssanta:

Hope you had a Merry Christmas. And thanks for the mention in your MyGNR poem, I never got around to posting in that thread because I didn't have much time to spend on the forum last week but I did notice it. :)

Anyway, back on topic... :D

Lol... couldn't resist. I wonder what Lando and Clinton would look like if they were to have a kid?

Hope you had a Merry Christmas. And thanks for the mention in your MyGNR poem, I never got around to posting in that thread because I didn't have much time to spend on the forum last week but I did notice it. :)

I'll be expecting your Photoshopped Lando/Clinton offspring rendition on my desk first thing in the morning. Christmas was good, all things considered... hope yours went well too. Looking foward to some good football games this weekend and, of course, the Ravens going all the way to the Super Bowl (and my Mastercard getting maxed out buying AFC Championship tickets).

Back to the bandana... hair extensions thing... I think Axl's hairline has always been the same. Look at him on bootlegs w/o the bandana or anything and you'll notice the same hairline he has today. Not that it really matters. You're probably right about something being in those dreads... you can see red shit in there... cotton strings or something...ha. I would imagine if he were to remove all that crap, to get his natural hair back, he'd have to start from scratch. Shave that fanizzle. I don't know. I'm not a woman, nor am I gay. In fact, I'm gonna go watch 'Full Metal Jacket' when I'm done typing this... suddenly got the urge.

As for any other bandmember having 'hair extensions'... whoever that was is apparently smoking crack. About the only person with an extending anything is Adler. Apparently he invested in an extending face. At least on one side.

Anyway, time to go watch a war movie... in a football jersey.

I'll be expecting your Photoshopped Lando/Clinton offspring rendition on my desk first thing in the morning. Christmas was good, all things considered... hope yours went well too. Looking foward to some good football games this weekend and, of course, the Ravens going all the way to the Super Bowl (and my Mastercard getting maxed out buying AFC Championship tickets).

Back to the bandana... hair extensions thing... I think Axl's hairline has always been the same. Look at him on bootlegs w/o the bandana or anything and you'll notice the same hairline he has today. Not that it really matters. You're probably right about something being in those dreads... you can see red shit in there... cotton strings or something...ha. I would imagine if he were to remove all that crap, to get his natural hair back, he'd have to start from scratch. Shave that fanizzle. I don't know. I'm not a woman, nor am I gay. In fact, I'm gonna go watch 'Full Metal Jacket' when I'm done typing this... suddenly got the urge.

As for any other bandmember having 'hair extensions'... whoever that was is apparently smoking crack. About the only person with an extending anything is Adler. Apparently he invested in an extending face. At least on one side.

Anyway, time to go watch a war movie... in a football jersey.

ahhh full metal jacket

[quote name='Estranged Realagay'

[/

OH MY GOD I LOVE THE BANDANNA .please bring it back axl

You're pushing for a ban, aren't you?

Madison just spent her time deleting your posts, and told you to knock it off, and you post that shit? You are brave. Or maybe just very foolish.

Keep sending me the nasty, harassing private messages - at least I can delete those and they don't clog up my thread...

ON TOPIC: Matt...I agree about the Axl's hairline thing...but in a different way. I think it's been receding since the early '90s. It's not his fault, and I don't care. I'm not pointing it out as some sort of "fashion" thing or whatever you know who is implying - I'm just saying, I think that may be part of the reason he got the braids. You can definitely see in the 1998 mugshot that he was losing more hair. Some bootlegs from 1993, you can see he had very thin hair, he just had naturally thin hair and people with thin hair tend to recede sooner than those with thick hair...my family are hairdressers... :) Go figure!

But yeah, that's getting old for ya - it happens to all guys. And as you might say - The Duke would approve of it. It's a manly thing, I suppose.

[quote name='Estranged Realagay'

[/

OH MY GOD I LOVE THE BANDANNA .please bring it back axl

You're pushing for a ban, aren't you?

Madison just spent her time deleting your posts, and told you to knock it off, and you post that shit? You are brave. Or maybe just very foolish.

Keep sending me the nasty, harassing private messages - at least I can delete those and they don't clog up my thread...

ON TOPIC: Matt...I agree about the Axl's hairline thing...but in a different way. I think it's been receding since the early '90s. It's not his fault, and I don't care. I'm not pointing it out as some sort of "fashion" thing or whatever you know who is implying - I'm just saying, I think that may be part of the reason he got the braids. You can definitely see in the 1998 mugshot that he was losing more hair. Some bootlegs from 1993, you can see he had very thin hair, he just had naturally thin hair and people with thin hair tend to recede sooner than those with thick hair...my family are hairdressers... :) Go figure!

But yeah, that's getting old for ya - it happens to all guys. And as you might say - The Duke would approve of it. It's a manly thing, I suppose.

anyways im trying to talk about the bandanna please estranged reality stay on topic the whole time thanks,,and please dont put words in my mouth all i have said on this thread is i love the bandanna

Edited by you know who