Will Chinese Democracy come out on LP???

seekandreplay

In the UK you will be able to purchase a limited edition LP of the album, here in Canada and states you can get it at a store that carries "imports"

It will cost you

Gunsguy

Yeah, I know it's going to cost me probably around $30 if it's an import. Japanese presses are the most expensive, but they are the best. If it's made in the states then it will probably cost around $20. I work in a independent record store, and we carry alot of the new vinyl that comes out. We just recently got a 200 gram Tommy album by The Who, which we have in the store for $45. I remember when we got Velvet Revolver's LP, but it only cost me $17.

I really hope it comes out on LP because personally I prefer it to CD, but if it actually comes out on March 6th I wont complain as its my birthday and I can't think of a better present than CD.

right there with ya on that!!! rock1

Edited by artfromtex

Quick, someone ask Bumblefoot!!! :monkey:

I pray to god it comes out on vinyl. I just might have to kill myself if it doesn't. Vinyl is 100 times better than CD.

Why? I've heard some people try to explain it before...but alot of times it comes off more as soundling like a "back in my day things were better" tale...

Quick, someone ask Bumblefoot!!! :monkey:

I pray to god it comes out on vinyl. I just might have to kill myself if it doesn't. Vinyl is 100 times better than CD.

Why? I've heard some people try to explain it before...but alot of times it comes off more as soundling like a "back in my day things were better" tale...

The sound is better because it's less compressed. Of course it all comes down to what kind of stereo system you have in the end. I also like the size on the sleeve more. My favourite records are the 7" though and I guess that comes from me growing up listening mainly to punk and hardcore music which almost always was released in that format 8since they could fit about 13 songs on an 7" record). ;)

By the way there is no question about it that "Chinese Democracy" will come out on vinyl, since almost all records do. It's just that many stoppres don't carry them but if you ask at your local record store when the album finally comes out they can order it for you on vinyl.

Edited by Lukinx

I did a report(speech) on music formats actually and vinyl is better bcause the grooves are an exact mirrored pattern of the sound waves and the needle goes all the way through them whereas with cds the lazer just takes millions and millions of snapshots of the sound waves and therefore doesn't recieve every bit of information in regards to the sound. So yeah, vinyl is beter quality when it comes right down to it and I actually do think they will release it on vinyl. Most big label rock bands with big fan bases still do. Velvet revovler did and they are on RCA, the darkness did and when they released permission to land they were on must destroy which was a subsidary of atlantic and aerosmith always does still whereas cheap trick did not release their most recent record on vinyl for they are not on a huge label (big3) and their fan base isn't what it used to be exactly. By the way, every one should listen to cheap trick's newest album that came outin june("rockford"). It is a great album. But yeah, so it beign a Guns N' Roses album coming out on Geffen or whichever label they use, you can basically assure it will be out on vinyl.

I did a report(speech) on music formats actually and vinyl is better bcause the grooves are an exact mirrored pattern of the sound waves and the needle goes all the way through them whereas with cds the lazer just takes millions and millions of snapshots of the sound waves and therefore doesn't recieve every bit of information in regards to the sound. So yeah, vinyl is beter quality when it comes right down to it and I actually do think they will release it on vinyl. Most big label rock bands with big fan bases still do. Velvet revovler did and they are on RCA, the darkness did and when they released permission to land they were on must destroy which was a subsidary of atlantic and aerosmith always does still whereas cheap trick did not release their most recent record on vinyl for they are not on a huge label (big3) and their fan base isn't what it used to be exactly. By the way, every one should listen to cheap trick's newest album that came outin june("rockford"). It is a great album. But yeah, so it beign a Guns N' Roses album coming out on Geffen or whichever label they use, you can basically assure it will be out on vinyl.

Yes, vinyl is analoge and therefore has infitity resolution, while digital cd's has limited resolution. But there will always be loss in the analoge signal which there is not in the digital