Next year? March 6th 2007

Route66

I'm usually a very optimistic GNR fan regardless of anything however.. i dont think we'll see Chinese Democracy any time soon. I know things have got a bit better and hell, i enjoyed the concerts but i cant see it coming out "soon". Axl's press release even mentioned that it wasnt a definite release date so thats enough for me to be skeptical these days.

I mean.. at the start of 2006 he said we'd "hear music this year" or something similar.. yeh we did hear music (leaks).. but some people took that to mean ChiDem would also be released in 2006. I said at the time and i'll say it now. Nothing is certain in GNR these days except that Axl Rose is the lead singer. I dont know whats really going on behind closed doors with this band and i dont care. I just wish people would stop getting their hopes up, spreading rumours and upsetting people. When the album is ready it WILL come out. We are not entitled to get it this year or next or even by 2010.

Support the new band and enjoy the album when it comes. The release date is NOT March 6th 2007! its "tentative" which means it could and probably will change. From the GNR website: "Chinese Democracy -- which now has a tentative release date of March 6." So peeps.. dont get your hopes up like I and many others have done in the past. Dont believe a thing unless it comes from Axl himself and only if he doesnt use words like "soon" and "tentative". Keep the damn thing in the context of what he actually said!

Route66 rant over :P

I'm usually a very optimistic GNR fan regardless of anything however.. i dont think we'll see Chinese Democracy any time soon. I know things have got a bit better and hell, i enjoyed the concerts but i cant see it coming out "soon". Axl's press release even mentioned that it wasnt a definite release date so thats enough for me to be skeptical these days.

I mean.. at the start of 2006 he said we'd "hear music this year" or something similar.. yeh we did hear music (leaks).. but some people took that to mean ChiDem would also be released in 2006. I said at the time and i'll say it now. Nothing is certain in GNR these days except that Axl Rose is the lead singer. I dont know whats really going on behind closed doors with this band and i dont care. I just wish people would stop getting their hopes up, spreading rumours and upsetting people. When the album is ready it WILL come out. We are not entitled to get it this year or next or even by 2010.

Support the new band and enjoy the album when it comes. The release date is NOT March 6th 2007! its "tentative" which means it could and probably will change. From the GNR website: "Chinese Democracy -- which now has a tentative release date of March 6." So peeps.. dont get your hopes up like I and many others have done in the past. Dont believe a thing unless it comes from Axl himself and only if he doesnt use words like "soon" and "tentative". Keep the damn thing in the context of what he actually said!

thank you captain obvious

We had allready heard the leaks before Axl said we will hear the music this year. He didn't only say that, Axl, band members and management specifically said that Chinese Democracy would be released in 2006. I know you have been corrected on this before.

As for the rest of the rant, you are long too late man, I along woth about 10 other people made threads about the tentative release date and not getting any hopes up for obvious reasons the very day that open letter from Axl came out.

A8R

Edited by allen8r

We had allready heard the leaks before Axl said we will hear the music this year.

Wrong, I think - he said it to Rolling Stone, and I'm pretty sure the songs leaked a few weeks afterwards, which was why the timing had seemed so suspicious.

I agree with you, though - SINCE then he's said numerous times (as well as management and Beta) that the album would be out in '06.

Edited by Estranged Reality

We had allready heard the leaks before Axl said we will hear the music this year.

Wrong, I think - he said it to Rolling Stone, and I'm pretty sure the songs leaked a few weeks afterwards, which was why the timing had seemed so suspicious.

I agree with you, though - SINCE then he's said numerous times (as well as management and Beta) that the album would be out in '06.

That is correct. He said that at the first party we saw him in. (january 13) And he then told Rolling Stone. The leaks where at least a month after.

My thread seems to have gone a bit off topic...

and Allen8r this is for you. "We had allready heard the leaks before Axl said we will hear the music this year." REALLY??!?! read on..

Axl said we'd hear music in 2006 BEFORE "the leaks" came out. He was at a party in January 2006 when he said that. About a month later the leaks came out. Get your facts straight before shouting your mouth off. Espesially when you are talking out your ass. The only leak that came out before was IRS and it was poor quality. The REAL set of leaks came out in Feb 2006.

Proof from the rolling stone article:

"People will hear music this year," he said. "It's a very complex record, I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen. Some people are going to say, 'It doesn't sound like Axl Rose, it doesn't sound like Guns N' Roses.' But you'll like at least a few songs on there."

On February 15, 2006, a higher quality version of I.R.S. was released, as well as a 1:20 second long demo version of "Better." Just a few hours later, an extended version of "Better" was leaked along with another track, "There Was A Time." A few days after that, the full version of "Better," along with a 9-second long clip from the song "Catcher in the Rye" was released. The full version of "Catcher" found its way to the internet not long after.

2007 is here and it will rock

Yea... it is alot of good bands releasing music this year :drevil: Something GNR don`t know how to do :lol:

there is ohter bands than GN'R out there? :blink:

:P

:blink: umm yea.. i guess so......... :krider:

Ah dear, the GNR board descend into panic yet again, despite confirmation from Axl Rose, the main man behind everything, that the album needs only 'minor additions' and barring any new problems will be out 'March 6th 2006'.

Why do you always dwell on the negatives.

The oficial news is that it should be march 2006, and thats that.

All you can do is wait now.

Ah dear, the GNR board descend into panic yet again, despite confirmation from Axl Rose, the main man behind everything, that the album needs only 'minor additions' and barring any new problems will be out 'March 6th 2006'.

Why do you always dwell on the negatives.

The oficial news is that it should be march 2006, and thats that.

All you can do is wait now.

Well... it has been said before... From Axl... 2007 is just another year....

Yea i know a date has never been said, but the fucking shit has been almost, 90%, 95% 99.97% done for the last ten years... if i remember corect, the cd was almost done back in 99-2000..... minior additions my ass :sleeper:

Keep the damn thing in the context of what he actually said!

That´s the key my friend. If some people had this clear, a lot of fake rumours and false hopes could be avoided.

Indeed it is NR. Like you I just wish we didnt have all these articles popping up saying March 6th is the date etc.. thats all we need.. more hysteria generated by idiot reporters who can't read a statement properly. Us GNR fans do that pretty good ourselves.

I just hope this album actually gets released.

My best advice, if you are a worrier... pretend the internet isn't there when it comes to GnR. Then, you will only hear official things that make it to the other major media outlets. I remember waiting on UYI for a couple of years, and, though CD has taken much longer, it wasn't as harrowing as this. It was a few singles that came out, a few delays happened, and then, boom, double album and I'm arguing with Metallica fans about who released the better album. Just don't pay attention to all the crap rumors, which are mostly on the net, and you'll be fine.

I think the odds are no better than 50/50 on the March release.

and keep in mind over half of what will be on the Album we have already heard.

I don't think he'll do that... well I hope not anyway.

I'd like Chinese Democracy to have a maximum of 3 songs we've already heard and the rest a surprise. Others that we've heard to be released as b-sides or on the next CD.

What do you guys think about Axl's latest statement regarding the album, "this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6"? I think the album will probably come out this year, but I would be shocked if it came out in March. I could just see next December rolling around, with all of us stewing about this latest comment. I think it could end up alongside such classics GnR quotes as "I wouldn't say soon is the word", "We hope to announce a release date for Chinese Democracy in the next couple of months" (March 2004 when Axl cancelled GnR's RIR appearance because Bucket was AWOL), and "There are 13 tuesdays left in the year, pick one". This is not a promise, a lie, or a guarantee, but I believe somebody will insult me for making this thread.

Edited by Randy Lahey

What do you guys think about Axl's latest statement regarding the album, "this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6"? I think the album will probably come out this year, but I would be shocked if it came out in March. I could just see next December rolling around, with all of us stewing about this latest comment. I think it could end up alongside such classics GnR quotes as "I wouldn't say soon is the word", "We hope to announce a release date for Chinese Democracy in the next couple of months" (March 2004 when Axl cancelled GnR's RIR appearance because Bucket was AWOL), and "There are 13 tuesdays left in the year, pick one". This is not a promise, a lie, or a guarantee, but I believe somebody will insult me for making this thread.

i think axl wants it out by then but he's just covering his ass since he now knows every single thing that can go wrong, so i'm thinking march/april will be the release for cd, since he'll tour this summer and he wont go out before the record is set.