Leeds 02

YoWzA

Leeds 2002 Review - Sound Generator

This is a very cool review. I had a smile on my face as I read it - I suggest you guys visit www.youtube.com and watch the performance from that show of 'The Blues' it is fantastic. The best I've seen, Axl takes it in his stride and he looks great and you get a feeling of his own confidence from watching it.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in Leeds. Great show. Just too short.

That's cool shit - What was it like when they took the stage? Also what did Axl sound like live? Was he awesome or did he sound weak? From what I've heard Leeds was the best show vocally for him on the 2002 tour.

That's cool shit - What was it like when they took the stage? Also what did Axl sound like live? Was he awesome or did he sound weak? From what I've heard Leeds was the best show vocally for him on the 2002 tour.

I was like in the 5th or 6th row in front of the stage. The people went crazy when the band hit the stage ! Nuts ! The sound was OK, not extraordinary. Anyway, the mosh pit ain't the better place to listen to music... You had to be in good condition to stay there all the show ! So hot !

I was like in the 5th or 6th row in front of the stage. The people went crazy when the band hit the stage ! Nuts ! The sound was OK, not extraordinary. Anyway, the mosh pit ain't the better place to listen to music... You had to be in good condition to stay there all the show ! So hot !

Ha yeah I know, when I went to see Velvet Revolver they played It's So Easy and Mr. Brownstone - The crowd went fuckin' insane for It's So Easy. I was both emotionally and physically drained. However, that doesn't compare to GN'R. I so hope they come to Scotland or at least play another UK gig. I was gutted to see they aren't headlining Leeds/Reading this year.

• 9 months later...

I was at that show. Great rant by Axl about the city council!

Although I miss Bucket, I think any of the new shows are better than any of the 02 shows purely because of Axl's voice.

The band sounded great in 02 - esp Bucket - but Axl sounded like a 10 year old :(

Edited by invisible_rose

Correct spelling is Concert..not consert.......

anyway i think RIRII was the best......as i have seen only that..!!!!!!!!

and to the man who are so busy "correckting" others it was rock in rio 3 u fucking morron...

OMGF :fuckyou:

You could both be correct because i think they did 2 and 3 ;) ( at least a version of GnR did both )

The bold " correct" was just a joke ;)

Edited by GET OFF AXLS BACK

yes the asian and european shows in 2002 sounded really really great, they were very solid especially London. Particularly Brain's drumset had that really good solid sound to it. Though I'd rather brand something from 2006 as the best show...like either Prague 6/13 or Roskilde 6/29

Roskilde consert really got bashed in the media. I have seen Albany and Boston, but leeds is so much better. Axls looks like hes in the late 80s on stage.

Correct spelling is Concert..not consert.......

anyway i think RIRII was the best......as i have seen only that..!!!!!!!!

and to the man who are so busy "correckting" others it was rock in rio 3 u fucking morron...

OMGF :fuckyou:

You could both be correct because i think they did 2 and 3 ;) ( at least a version of GnR did both )

The bold " correct" was just a joke ;)

we are talkin about new showes...everyone with a brain understands that...But he dident , or well he did but he tought he was smart.