Leeds 02

YoWzA

Everytime i listen to this gig on CD i still get goosebumps! And yes im a guy! It was really immense, 9 years since GnR played in Europe and it had 67'000 fans screaming the place down! One quote that jas stuck in my mind is when Axl says in a real meaningfulful way " Look at all these fucking people" - that night for him i know really meant something to him. And at the end of the VMA's in teh interview what he sasy there just goes to show Axl is happy and ready to go. i kno u guys in teh US are pissed at the tour cancellation but when u next see GnR u will soon quickly forget about all the crap that happened wiv the cancellation and like me i quickly thought - This is GnR, Slash etc. aint there but fuck it, i dont care and 66,999 fans didnt care either! (1 person had to be an asshole - Axl makes a fool of him!)

well done Axl, live long GnR.

Hi everyone, im James from the UK. :)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya i was also at that gig and it was so awsum,i didnt think it would be good wiv the changed line up and all taht but it was the best gig at the festival.Do u have the cd with it on cause i so want to hear it again and get that feeling back cuase it was so good. So plz reply

• 4 weeks later...

Here's what happened when we when to Leeds Festival. Please forgive me for writing an essay!

I was sooooooo pumped about going to Leeds and seeing GNR! (the only reason I drove up from London and stayed 3 nights!)  Did anyone see the "legal High" stalls?? Did anybody try some??  I thought they must be sh*t and proceeded to eat, 6 'MAD XTC' pill things, snort about 6 whole bags of 'POKE' (stupid coke substitute) and wash the lot down with some warm beer!  Half an hour later, I think when 100 Reasons were playing, I stared to feel really spaced.  The others were feeling it too but they had quite abit less than I did.  I went to the porta bogs and MADE myself throw up, hoping I would feel better. I didn't. I was throwing up so violently that blood started to replace the vomit!

To the medi tent it was.  I couldn't see or walk staight! They had me on Gas N' Air, a "line in" on my hand and a "drip" in my arm. And yes, I was feeling as bad as I looked!  They said they would be admitting me to hospital and at that time I didn't care, just wanted to feel better.

In the ambulance on the way to "St. Jimmys" hospital I started to feel better (possibly due to 2 bags of drip solution and missing Axl later that day).  After 20 minutes of refusing treatment they turned the Ambulance around and I had to sign something to say that THEY were no longer responsible if something happened to me.

Back at the medi tent I was checked over again by the nurse and had the needels ripped out of my arms, then I was free to go.  I found my friends, who were quite worried about me (awwwww) and went back to the tent.

I wasn't getting better. I still couldn't hold water or food down, and I was still very sick.  

Later on after trying to get some sleep it was time to go see GNR. But I couldn't. I was SO f**ked that I couldn't move. The rest of them made their way to the Areana and I just slept.  

I kept being woken by my phone ringing and it was Emma (axlsrose) playing me Welcome To The Jungle! But I STILL couldn't move. Anyway this happened again but to the tune of Mr Brownstone. I had to get there. I got up from my fetal possition in my tent and made the epic journey back to the Areana.

I've never seen so many Prodigy and Offspring fans in my life! Streams and streams of people were leaving, and it took me ages to get there.  (and I'd like to say a big F**K OFF to the guy who shoulder barged me!)

Finally I got there and it was so packed out that the only place I could stand was the back. That didn't bother me to much coz I was having trouble holding myself up anyway. Even from the back the feeling was AMAZING! I felt like I had been hit by a bus (and looked like it) but I didn't care anymore. Seeing Axl live for the first time was mind-blowing!! I even managed to sing all the words to "The Blues" and get strange looks from people because I knew the words.

This STILL was one of the greatest nights of my life (second only to the DOCKLANDS SHOW where I was fighting fit and got to the FRONT ROW!) Yowza!!

So that's my Leeds story. And I'd like to say...

Say NO to LEGAL drugs.

While Leigh-Rok was in his tent all cosied up, I was still ill, not as bad, losing my mates and making the treck to the front for GNR...unfortunatly some freaky prodigy fans were there...and I now have a deep fear of them after being dropped during a crowd surf and kicked to a pulp by some prodys! Thankfully thouse 3 guys in red bandanas saved me and carried me closer to the front.

Only to be crushed against the barriers while waiting for GNR to come on and having to sit outside the medi tent backstage. But I did see axl wandering around just feet away on the other side of the fence. I shouted his name, and he turned around but didn't see me.

When the started playing Welcome to the Jungle, I started crying and called Leigh-Rok to let him hear it.

I then grabbed my camera, ran to the front of the stage, but got grabbed by Security gaurds who dragged me by my hair out of the side gates.

Managed to scramble to the front and get some good pics, but only lasted until Patience...I thought my ribs were gonna collapse and I felt like throwing up. Then Leigh-Rok called me and said he was there. I was happy though, i got to see them, and went to find Leigh-Rok.

I had bruises all over me for days later.

But managed to make up for it when me and Leigh-Rok got to the front row for Docklands show and got some bad bruises, but even better pics!!!

:-*

Sounds like fun you crazy people! lol

Hey and crokie boy go to a f u c k in g reptile website would ya cause I will make your life here hell,  I hate steve....

crocks don't fasinate GN'R does little B I T C H!!!

[move]STS-107 REST IN PEACE 02-01-03[/move]

Yeah Axl seemed pretty impressed. There were more people just sitting, or standing watching GNR that night than I had seen in the day. For the uk fans..it must have felt like a bit of history.

I made my way to the front, but during patience I had to go to to get fresh air and look for Leigh-Rok. When I was walking back I could see some people...maybe not even fans, just watching, transfixed on the screen and the stage...there must have been at least "32 people there"....It was great!

i think those kind of scenes in axls mind may help him come up with the CD.

A great night!

XXX