VIDEOGAME Thread...

I just watched the trailer. It looks awesome but it didn't really provide any information :x

I think the game is set in New York because there was the stature of Liberty, Empire State Building etc.

Edited by Wando

I just watched the trailer. It looks awesome but it didn't really provide any information :x

I think the game is set in New York because there was the stature of Liberty, Empire State Building etc.

Yeah, Brooklyn Bridge, Metlife (GetALife), Chrysler, Times Square. Looks pretty damn cool

The graphics look amazing, that's what have been critisising GTA about for years; i hope they got rid of the glitch where a building just appears out of nowhere when you're flying

Not too sure what to think about the possible storyline though, i really hope it's not about imigrants going into America - It just seems like a bland subject.

Guest knerken

Hmmm, weird trailer. You don't get to see any gameplay or storyline, just some impressive graphics. But I know this game will kick ass anyway!

Looks excellent!

You can already see from the trailer, that they've really improved the detail of the world. It looks like it's really living and breathing, as seen from the "Times Square" shot. Stunning graphics, I think I may have to buy PS3 because of this :D

Not sure about the storyline, no doubt there's going to be somekinda russian mob plot. Doesn't sound too interesting to me, but I have faith in Rockstar and I'm sure they won't disappoint me.

Some friends and I usually play 4 players on a big screen. Are there any good games out there or upcoming with 4 player mode (not co-op)? Like "Call of Duty 3".

Tried "Far Cry" and "GRAW2" but they're no way near as fun as COD3...

Some friends and I usually play 4 players on a big screen. Are there any good games out there or upcoming with 4 player mode (not co-op)? Like "Call of Duty 3".

Tried "Far Cry" and "GRAW2" but they're no way near as fun as COD3...

If you are intrested in racing games and own a GC you can't beat Mario Kart: Double Dash :shades:

• 3 weeks later...
For the over-20 crowd here, these systems for us were analogous to the PS2/XBox/Gamecube...

NES was slightly before my time though I still played it as a kid, remember the classic games? Double Dragon, Ninja Gaiden, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Super Mario Brothers and Duckhunt?

Or Sega's great games like the sonic series, golden axe,etc...Sega always came to me as a lower end version of the SNES, however I had to buy one for some of the games they were putting out at the time...

My all time favorite system was the Super Nintendo, so many sweet games...Turtles in Time, Street Fighter 2 (favorite game ever), Super Mario World,etc

I can't tell you how many quarters I wasted in the arcade on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles before they released Turtles in Time on snes.... :lol:

..yeah..or ZELDA - or donkey monkey..incredible games..super mario 1,2 and the different one: part 3..

..i spent days and nights in front of my NES/SNES...

..GLORY DAYS...

Edited by sixtus

I just got done redaing some shit on new grand theft auto.. it's still liberty city, not new york city.. it just has alot of new york feautures, the gameplay, asfar as I know, and can tell, will be just the same as what you seen in the trailer asfar as graphics go (as thats the only real difference is gameplay on next gen consoles are in high resolution as is the cut scene's), he's a middle eastern guy, you choose your destiny, and interact with pedestrians more, it's pretty much gonna be the same city as 3, just a few extra's like the statue of liberty and shit.. when it gets dark, you'll see the difference in the type of people you see wandering around in certain area's, the scale of the game world is smaller than san andrea's, but none of it's waiste don forest and desert, so there's always something around, instead of just egtting lost in nowhere with no ride.. and thats pretty much all I remember.

I wasn't excited about this game, just wante dto play it out for teh fact that I played 'em all.. but once I started reading about the game, I got real fuckin excited quick.. I think it's gonna have alot of newer type shit in it, and all teh shit you reda on the internet about the game, is completely wrong according to rockstar north.. nothing you've read on teh net is whats really going on, unless you read it from the rockstar website.. I read it in game informer, if you wnat I can type it up, it's just gonna take awhile caus eit's a few pages and what not..

Looks excellent!

You can already see from the trailer, that they've really improved the detail of the world. It looks like it's really living and breathing, as seen from the "Times Square" shot. Stunning graphics, I think I may have to buy PS3 because of this :D

Not sure about the storyline, no doubt there's going to be somekinda russian mob plot. Doesn't sound too interesting to me, but I have faith in Rockstar and I'm sure they won't disappoint me.

it's not just comming out on ps3, it's commin out on the 360 first if i'm not mistaken.. maybe even the same time, but i'd go with teh cheaper 360, as from what i heard from people who have both system's, the 360 blows the ps3 out of teh water.. I don;t know, I havent put my hand son the ps3, and really dont have any real need to, but as soon a sI can make it to petal i'mma play it, see what the fuss is about..

Guest Jack_the_ripper

there is no fuss about the ps3 anymore, other then shallow superficial gamers. Their controller is the same as kirby tilt and tumble on the game boy colour, and they just have 360 ports for the most part... nothing really incredible to check out.

there is no fuss about the ps3 anymore, other then shallow superficial gamers. Their controller is the same as kirby tilt and tumble on the game boy colour, and they just have 360 ports for the most part... nothing really incredible to check out.

cool, save my ten dollars in gas for when I really need it..lol..

i have a 360 but once i get my summer job i'll be buying a ps3 and selling the 360. i don't know why the ps3 got so much critisism, next year once more games come out it will be streaks ahead of the 360. especially once "home" comes out!

• 1 month later...
Guest Jack_the_ripper

So I started a small 4 or 5 part series on my blog entitled probable smash character, all are In a definite realm of possibility to be included in the game. Only at part 2, it will be complete by sunday evening though.

http://timlefebvre.wordpress.com

so I want to hear what you think of the list, and what characters you would want to have included in the game.

Edited by Jack_the_ripper

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
weird comic book guy?

And Diddy Kong won't be appearing in smash brawl.

He should have been in Melee, that's total bullshit.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
weird comic book guy?

Diddy Kong is not Nintendo Property, It is rare property, and Rare is now Microsoft property, do the math.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
weird comic book guy?

Diddy Kong is not Nintendo Property, It is rare property, and Rare is now Microsoft property, do the math.

Enlightened; thank you.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

part 3 is online if you are still interested.

For the record, theres still a slight chance that diddy kong will be included, don't hold your breath though.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

I'd like to make a huge correction... I made a mistake in previous statements and it was pointed out minutes ago by my best friend that I have the site with.

Although Diddy Kong was Rare created, Nintendo does infact own the rights to Diddy Kong... So ODS I owe you an appology, and I would now say Diddy Kong will probably be included in the game (He will be added to part 4.)