VIDEOGAME Thread...

Guest Jack_the_ripper
perhaps because of the blatant stupidity of vicious in that quote?

what the fuck are you on about? i didn't mean it to have any humour asshole. are you saying there's no games suitable for under 12's on nintendo? and there is more for playstation? thought not asshole :fuckyou:

on a lighter note, i remember getting the gameboy for my 5th birthday ^_^ the original one where everything was yellow. it came with a mario game :D before that i just used my brothers Gamegear :P

Perhaps your missing the point that the audience sony is targetting is whats leading them to fail. Sony is no longer cool to own, Nintendo now is. I remember back in the day of the 64, kids would come over and they'd be like "do you have a playstation" and I'd be like "no I have a n64" adn they'd be like "oh...", but now its changed, and people want nintendo products.

The "mature" audience are all pretty much dumb, playing this or that game cause its cool.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
Sony is no longer cool to own, Nintendo now is.

:unsure:

Not where I live.

I doubt it, if you can find a majority of people where you live that own a psp to a ds, I'd like to see that.

yeah jack because kids never have phases where they all buy the same thing and brag about it to the kids that haven't it *sarcasm*

sony are still the cool cats. and i think older people who actually earn and have money are more likely to spend money on games than some kids who can't even work :P

and what the fuck has that got anything to do with what i said about nintendo haveing games suitable for under 12's? you're just always looking to brag about apparently knowing a "guy who's in the gaming bussiness"(like its a big deal? i know a guy who cleans cars but i don't go asking him what car i should buy) and how the adverts for the wii tell people that its cool.

and i know many people with a psp but about one or two people with a DS

Edited by vicious

Guest Jack_the_ripper
yeah jack because kids never have phases where they all buy the same thing and brag about it to the kids that haven't it *sarcasm*

sony are still the cool cats. and i think older people who actually earn and have money are more likely to spend money on games than some kids who can't even work :P

and what the fuck has that got anything to do with what i said about nintendo haveing games suitable for under 12's? you're just always looking to brag about apparently knowing a "guy who's in the gaming bussiness"(like its a big deal? i know a guy who cleans cars but i don't go asking him what car i should buy) and how the adverts for the wii tell people that its cool.

and i know many people with a psp but about one or two people with a DS

well I guess you brits all are losers? what you want me to say?

The psp is a piece of shit compared to the DS, perhaps the DS has games suitable for under 12's but it also has games that will entice the mature audience, and the older audience to buy a DS.

For your claim about older people who have money and buys ps3, they are few and far between, and considering the wii is targeting everyone (including those older people) I'm pretty sure they will be more enthused to buy a wii then a ps3.

For the record, Jessica Alba loves the wii and the Ds, and hates the other consoles: Wii win.

i'm not a brit ;)

and you're twisting everything i say. i said people could buy sony products, not specifically ps3s. and the point i was making that there's more chance of an adult having money for a console than a 9 year old.

that jessica alba comment and your constant need to diss sony just make you look like an idiot

Guest Jack_the_ripper
i'm not a brit ;)

and you're twisting everything i say. i said people could buy sony products, not specifically ps3s. and the point i was making that there's more chance of an adult having money for a console than a 9 year old.

that jessica alba comment and your constant need to diss sony just make you look like an idiot

but Jessica Alba is gorgeous. and I know you aren't a brit, was trying to piss on you, you took it with stride. People can buy what they wish, but the fact of the matter was that Nintendo was able to top sony's market value (the whole sony corp. meaning tv's, radio's etc. not just the SCEA) in Japan for a day, and are very close to doing it again proves where people are spending their money.

Anyone tried "Resident Evil 4" for Wii yet? Im reading great reviews and the gameplay videos looks cool.

"Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare" for Xbox360 should be good. CODIII is by far the best multiplayer game for 360 today.

Anyone tried "Resident Evil 4" for Wii yet? Im reading great reviews and the gameplay videos looks cool.

"Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare" for Xbox360 should be good. CODIII is by far the best multiplayer game for 360 today.

You think Call Of Duty 3 is the best 360 Multiplayer game? :huh:

That's cool, but it's kind of weird because most people I know liked the multiplayer of CoD2 a lot more.

I actually should try to play some more CoD3 online, I played it a bit when I first got it, but then went back to Gears of War and Crackdown on Co-op with my friend.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

I got RE4 wii edition the day it came out, and the game is simply amazing, It is hands down the definitive version of the game.

This really isn't a videogame thread...it's more like a "Lets argue with Jack the ripper about how much Nintendo blows" thread, now don't get me wrong, i myself fairly enjoy Nintendo, but i wouldn't go out of my way to argue for their case like you would Jack...its getting rather repetitive & boring now.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
This really isn't a videogame thread...it's more like a "Lets argue with Jack the ripper about how much Nintendo blows" thread, now don't get me wrong, i myself fairly enjoy Nintendo, but i wouldn't go out of my way to argue for their case like you would Jack...its getting rather repetitive & boring now.

who are you again?

I enjoyed COD 3, but in my opinion Ghost Recon 2 had a much better multiplayer mode.

I've seen some previews of COD 4, and from what I saw it looks like it's going to be amazing! I can't wait for that one.

Did anyone see or hear anything about that game Dark Sector on the 360? An article I read said the game is like a cross between Resident Evil and Gears of War. It's supposed to be pretty bad-ass.

Right now I'm playing the Darkness, and that game is REALLY sweet. I totally recommend it to anyone with a 360 or PS3. rock1

Vampire Rain is out soon.

I played it for a while, and it was pretty boring. Almost like a bad cross between Splinter Cell and Resident Evil.

I don't know, for me it didn't do too much, but maybe I'll give it another shot later on. I think my expectations for it were too high. Also, any stealth-based game I play gets an instant comparison to the Metal Gear Solid series- towards which I have an extremely unfair bias.

I played the demo off Xbox Live and it isn't an action game or a shooter. But it has a nice atmosphere (haha it's raining all the time!), it's sort of like Dead Rising but vampires. It's not that serious, it's kind of funny with all those stupid characters and dumb dialogue but I can see myself playing it to find out what happens next. The whole vampire hunter thing in LA sort of hooked me. I like the idea, whether it's any good I don't know. On Xbox Live you can play as a vampire - which might be cool. Most people find these type of stealth games boring, I like them, relaxing. I think I could get lost in this game. They've probably fucked it up but I'll buy it just to have it whether it's 2 out of 10 or not.

angel? I don't get what you means.

I'm not from US so LA is sort of glamorous to me. I've always liked the idea that Vampires are sort of a metaphor for drug addicts. That combined with Lost Boys and that book by Bret Easton Ellis called The Informers. I'm not that interested in Dracula type of deal. I like the pulp fiction vampires. Plus it's gonna be raining all the time in the game and it will be very hot in the summer. Fiction rain?

But obviosuly this doesn't mean it's a good game. I had to laugh when the first thing you do in the demo is basically work your way along a ledge for like 3 minutes. You know, that's pretty boring. Then climbing ladders etc. There are elements of it that I could like splinter cell meets resi evil seems alright. But the way the guy runs pisses me off. C'mon they can do better than that!

It's rumoured to be very hard. So it might develop a cult following but if your not a masochist...

I got RE4 wii edition the day it came out, and the game is simply amazing, It is hands down the definitive version of the game.

Cool, thanks, I'm definitely gonna check that out.

I enjoyed COD 3, but in my opinion Ghost Recon 2 had a much better multiplayer mode.

I've seen some previews of COD 4, and from what I saw it looks like it's going to be amazing! I can't wait for that one.

When I say CODIII is the best multiplayer game, then I mean to play 4 on 4 (systemlink) or 4 people online on a big screen tv along with soem beer and pizza... ;) It's a shame they don't make more 4-player games.. or have I missed any great ones?

Are you talking about GRAW2? We actaully tried that for about 30min before we returned it. Im also very disappointed at "Gears of War". It's really beyond my how that game can be so popular, same scenario over and over again.

Sony is no longer cool to own, Nintendo now is. I remember back in the day of the 64, kids would come over and they'd be like "do you have a playstation" and I'd be like "no I have a n64" adn they'd be like "oh...", but now its changed, and people want nintendo products.

The "mature" audience are all pretty much dumb, playing this or that game cause its cool.

that doesnt matter..the shear amounts the PS2 has sold shows that sony are not to be reckoned with..

the PS3 hasnt been out that long..it is not over..

and, that last comment I really laughed at..

arent people buying the wii up because "its the thing to have", or its "cool."

The real "console war" will be decided this winter..where the consumer can pick and choose at each at there own free will..

yah..the same..

but, its really missing the gun attachment..its already great..

but, it will be so much better when they release that..

will chris benoit be taken out of smackdown Vs raw 2008? or will we be able to unlock him like we did with eddie in the last game?

He's supposed to be in it. What capacity though...

Im sure he'll still be in it..

probably as a legend character..