VIDEOGAME Thread...

Zombies!! or Zombies ate my neighbours or something. that was a top game. Donkey Kong country was bloody ace too.

i think theres almost too much to do in modern games. i bored with them quite quickly and think they have lost most of the actual playability of the Snes stuff. though i will be getting the Ghostbusters game next year

Im about to (at last!) order my 40gb ps3, for Christmas :lol:

this is the only deal i could find though

£279.99, but you dont get any games or a second controller ... :unsure: does anyone know of any better deals?

Um...no? You don't get a game or second controller if you but it from anywhere else...I'd say buy it for that much and don't worry about a second controller right now unless you've got friends comming over everyday to play it with you. And for a one player game, I'd suggest 'Assians Creed' and for a mulitiplayer game (whenever you get a second controller for friends) you should get 'Call of Duty 4' or wait for 'Battlefield 3: Bad Company'.

£279.99, but you dont get any games or a second controller ... :unsure: does anyone know of any better deals?

Here's a deal for ya...

?????????????

Trust me, buy that and you'll forget you ever looked at one of those lean mean fat grilling machines ;)

one controller is good for now, they're bringing out a dual shock controller soon so you may as well wait for that, if you have the right adapter you can use your ps controller or amazon are selling some for 20 dollars each to get rid of stock before dual shock comes out. it's a good deal.

Here's a deal for ya...

?????????????

Trust me, buy that and you'll forget you ever looked at one of those lean mean fat grilling machines ;)

:lol:

Bit of a shame that there aren't any bundles out with games :unsure: i might wait for a week or so just encase any special Christmas deals come to light.

Top 3 starter games, anyone? :book:

Im thinking about

-Motor storm

-Guitar hero III (have the wireless les pauls come out yet? :unsure:)

-Need For Speed: ProStreet

?

Edited by JDRM

don't get need for speed!

i'd suggest COD4, guitar hero (if you like that), uncharted/ratchet and clank(they're more of a rental than ones to buy)

maybe get the orange box but i'd wait until there's some reviews out, rumour has it that EA screwed up (which is nothing unusual for them) the port and there's frame rate issues

No NFS? :unsure: Really? why?

Ive pretty much got most of the orange box. (Portal is one of the best games EVER :mellow:) so i dont think ill get that

Lithium: oh yeah Assassin's Creed, thinking about that too. Looks pretty sweet

Edited by JDRM

actually lawrence Blu ray is winning at the moment. and blu ray isn't all about the DVDs, its needed for games also. the devs on Mass effect said they had trouble with the ammount of space on the dvds used for the 360 which meant they had to cut a big portion of the game out, its still a brilliant game though, i prefer it to Halo.also rockstar are making a cool new game called LA Noir and there was reports recently that they will only be releasing the game on PC and PS3 (which is weird) because they can't fit everything onto a disc for the 360. the game sounds cool, apparently all the missions are taken from real newspaper reports from the 1920's (which is the setting for the game)

need for speed has good graphics but all the races are similar, the story is poor, there's MC's in it that won't shut up and the thing is pasted with adverts. there are plenty better racing games

assasins creed get worse as you play it, i was they're biggest fan until i finished the third mission and as i played on i hated it more and more. i am certain they will make the sequel much better but this game is just doing the EXACT same thing over and over. the ending sucked too

Edited by vicious

don't get need for speed!

i'd suggest COD4, guitar hero (if you like that), uncharted/ratchet and clank(they're more of a rental than ones to buy)

maybe get the orange box but i'd wait until there's some reviews out, rumour has it that EA screwed up (which is nothing unusual for them) the port and there's frame rate issues

Uncharted fucking sucks...well...I didn't like it...I might rent it...If I had a free rental. :D

Some starter games in my opinion would be...

-Guitar Hero III

-CoD 4

-Assian's Creed

-Battlefield 3 (when it comes out)

EDIT: Jack...there is never a dull time in Assian's Creed. -_-

If you get bored...climb some stuff...kill random people...do whatever. There is always someone to kill around so I don't see how you could get bored to easily.

Edited by Axls_Shorts_Rule

Bought assassins yesterday seems pretty sweet, I'll play it more today to see what it's really like. Can't wait to get drakes fortune!

Did you play the demo for Drake's Fortune? I did and I didn't like it one bit...

i loved the demo. what didn't you like?

the enemy are really hard, instead of them ducking up and down in the same place like 99% of games, they actually try and dodge the bullets! i loved this because it made a great challenge which is something gaming lacks today. the most impressive things about the visuals is that when you go into water your t shirt actually looks wet and gradually dries off :xmasssanta: i liked the way you have to pick up guns too, makes a great challenge too

Bought assassins yesterday seems pretty sweet, I'll play it more today to see what it's really like. Can't wait to get drakes fortune!

Did you play the demo for Drake's Fortune? I did and I didn't like it one bit...

i loved the demo. what didn't you like?

the enemy are really hard, instead of them ducking up and down in the same place like 99% of games, they actually try and dodge the bullets! i loved this because it made a great challenge which is something gaming lacks today. the most impressive things about the visuals is that when you go into water your t shirt actually looks wet and gradually dries off :xmasssanta: i liked the way you have to pick up guns too, makes a great challenge too

Yes, I'll admit, I liked how it was realistic like that, but I absolutely hate the aiming system. That's the reason why I didn't like Resident Evil 4. I would either like first person or you don't go down into a corner to shoot your gun.

And, the ememy like...ALWAYS knows where you're at. I was working my way around the level, not even up on the ledge, and I had guys that there was no way they could see me, throwing nades at me from through a fence and over a wall.

I don't know, I just didn't like it.