VIDEOGAME Thread...

fallout 3 has taken over my life, Only compliant is that the weapons wear out so You gotta keep repairing them. Anyone know whats with the 1930's theme?

The Fallout games have always revolved around 1950s paranoia. The guns wearing out is okay, apart from rarer guns such as the sniper rifles and scoped Magnums as they aren't common enough to find others to strip for parts.

So I was in Game today and people were going batshit crazy for WiiFit!

I was in there for 5mins and they ended up selling out their entire stock which was about 20...

I dont see how a piece of plastic which will break when you use it thoroughly can be fun and/or used to keep fit...

To be honest if you want to put the effort in just go to a freakin gym!

I think I'm going to get Fallout 3. From what I read on here it seems like a really fun game. I've never played any of the other Fallout games. Will that effect my playing on this one?

No, not really. Fallout 3 is a very cool game indeed. You might need a pretty well specced system if you get it on a PC though.

Sounds good - I saw it for £20, so I'll probably pick that up.

Just got Left 4 Dead - phenominal. Should be a movie!

I think I'm going to get Fallout 3. From what I read on here it seems like a really fun game. I've never played any of the other Fallout games. Will that effect my playing on this one?

No, not really. Fallout 3 is a very cool game indeed. You might need a pretty well specced system if you get it on a PC though.

To quote IGN...

Left 4 Dead is the best zombie movie you will never see!

To quote IGN...

Left 4 Dead is the best zombie movie you will never see!

Well said!

Either of you two have it on PC? If you do, hit me up with a PM and we'll play together :}

just got into the Home beta. BORING! waste of sonys time.

No, not really.

It's actually quite fun when you start talking to people. Bowling is really fun to do when you've got a full game and can talk to the other players. It's something neat to just relax on. Yeah, I'll admit, the housing right now isn't all the great because of the lack of furniture, but once TVs, stereos, picture frames, etc. come in, it'll be a lot better. Also, it's cool to go up to the music floor and make your guy dance.

If you are trying to play around with Home by yourself, then that right there is your problem. You have to talk to others. It's easy to go up to someone and just spark up a conversation.

Also, don't forget to check out the shops in the mall if you haven't. They updated them with a couple free things for the Beta right now.

For a Beta, Home really surprised me and I have a lot of fun on it actually.

the people in home are boring! if you're lucky enough to find someone speaking english (i think the americans are seperated from the europeans so you might not notice the language thing) its just boring chat. they only have few ads on it at the moment but i can see it will get annoying. i just don't see any fun to it. and i've seen so many guys pretending to be women on it, thats disturbing.

if i want to talk to my friends i'll use msn or skype. as for meeting new people online, i much prefer meeting them whilst playing a game online, so i can talk to them while being entertained.

if only Sony focused a bit more on getting their first party games out better and faster than spending too much time and money on this (which everyone knows they have, it's been delayed about 2 years)

Hey, so I'm thinking about getting an Xbox360 tomorrow, or at least when I can be bothered.

How reliable are these things? Will it need repairing all the time :/ ?

Games: I'm looking at Gears and Bioshock, but what do you guys think? any recommendations would be greatly apprecited. :)

If you get a brand new one you shouldnt have any problems with it breaking and if it does you get free repairs...

I recommend Fable 2, Fallout 3, Mass Effect!

Hey, so I'm thinking about getting an Xbox360 tomorrow, or at least when I can be bothered.

Games: I'm looking at Gears and Bioshock, but what do you guys think? any recommendations would be greatly apprecited. :)

It depends, there is a new model out now. It's not something normal consumers are aware about. They have upgraded some of the arcade consoles with integrated memory and a 65nm prosessor. Since it's a smaller prosessor it doesn't generate as much heat, therefor lesser chance for Red ring of death. I belive that it's currently just the arcade model that got this. (codename Jaspar). Might be wrong though.

Good games for the 360, I would also recommend fallout 3, gears of war 2, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Fable 2, Burnout Paradice, Oblivion etc. There are alot of good games for that system.

Fuck Gears Of War, Bioshock is endlessly better. It's really an awesome, special game. Absolutely phenomenal.

Or get a decent PC and just buy the games on it for cheaper.

Yeah I'm sure because the games on PC are like 30 bucks cheaper that will certainly offset that a good computer is about $1000 more expensive than the 360 :rolleyes:.

Yeah I'm sure because the games on PC are like 30 bucks cheaper that will certainly offset that a good computer is about $1000 more expensive than the 360 :rolleyes:.

Xbox here is £150, a top of the range is more like £500-600 - if you know where to shop. One that'll last for years, have a far wider range of games and suit whatever you do otherwise. Half price each game soon adds up.

Xbox here is £150, a top of the range is more like £500-600 - if you know where to shop. One that'll last for years, have a far wider range of games and suit whatever you do otherwise. Half price each game soon adds up.

....I think your understanding of "top of the range" is distorted :lol:

....I think your understanding of "top of the range" is distorted :lol:

Clearly not, when you can get a quadcore, four gig ram, and a very good graphics card included in that kiddo.