VIDEOGAME Thread...

Raiden may be the main protaginst in MGS:Rising, but I don't think we have seen the last of good old Snake yet!

I think we have. Kojima has said that he's done with Snake. I hope he sticks by his word.

Think this game will be showing us what Raiden was doing inbetween MGS2 and 4. Saving Sunny and all that.

This is what I'm speculating in so far. Hideo Kojima is being very mysterious about this. It is a bit annoying, but I also think it is fun to study the small piece of information he gives.

Same here. The story may seem convoluted at times but it is incredibly engrossing. Something I noticed about the teaser site was that "Raiden's" eyes are brown in the image that flashes up... in the past games they've been blue. Maybe i'm looking too far into it but it struck me as something Kojima would have intentionally put in there.

Might not be Raiden we we know it, maybe someone with the codename Raiden. As it may be just me but it didnt look like Raiden did in MGS4 facialwise. Olga from MGS2 maybe? I guess we will find something out tonight at the Konami conference.

Downloaded the E3 videos from the PSN Store. The conference and various other videos. Here's what I've got to say about a few of the games from the conference...

Uncharted 2 - Never played the first, only the demo. I wasn't the biggest fan of it, but that's not stopping me from that the second one looks incredibly good.

M.A.G. - Wow. Just wow. This looks incredible as well and I can't wait for it to be released. It looks insanely fun and there's no doubt that it'll be huge.

Assassin's Creed 2 - :shocked:

Now with just some of the other various videos...

Eye Pet (PSN Title) - Alright, I'll say it... This looks really adorable. :lol: Not sure if it's supposed to be free or cost something, but either way, I'll most likely end up getting it.

Fat Princess (PSN Title) - I've talked about this before in the thread, and I'm still saying the same stuff. It still looks awesome and hell and will probably be one of the biggest and best PSN Titles ever.

PixelJunk Shooter (PSN Title) - The trailer reminded me a lot of PixelJunk Eden, which I liked, but never got (yet). This game looked pretty cool, but I'd have to play a demo first to make a decision.

Heavy Rain - This was one of those games that when I first read about it, I was like "What the hell is this shit?". After reading about it more in my latest OPSM and watching this trailer, I've really got high hopes for it. It definitely looks like something I'd enjoy playing whenever it comes out.

I skipped the PSP stuff because, in all honesty, it means nothing to me. The PSP never really appealed to me, and it still doesn't. The only hand held gaming that I would still to anymore would probably be the Pokemon games and stuff like Rising Sun.

Prototype_Game_Wallpaper.jpg

Mmm...Prototype...

Only 6 more days! ^_^

Hopefully I'll take to it a bit qucker than inFamous. I like the game now I've gotten to grips with it but I'm still not that impressed that my electrically powered hero has to run as soon as 3 or more reavers turn up.

Hmm, what's the difference between producing and directing a game?

This does not mean that MGS:Rising won't have the cinematic feel, story and progression Kojima created in the earlier games?

Maybe if Kojima's not involved we'll have a little more editing. No more breifings followed by an equally long cut-scene please.

Mmm...Prototype...

Only 6 more days! ^_^

Hopefully I'll take to it a bit qucker than inFamous. I like the game now I've gotten to grips with it but I'm still not that impressed that my electrically powered hero has to run as soon as 3 or more reavers turn up.

This does not mean that MGS:Rising won't have the cinematic feel, story and progression Kojima created in the earlier games?

Maybe if Kojima's not involved we'll have a little more editing. No more breifings followed by an equally long cut-scene please.

Kojima is involved heavily with the game he just and basically he will get more or less final say in what does in so the briefings might still be there

Mmm...Prototype...

Only 6 more days! ^_^

Kojima is involved heavily with the game he just and basically he will get more or less final say in what does in so the briefings might still be there

I'll have to play it with coffee again, then.

Uncharted 2 - Never played the first, only the demo. I wasn't the biggest fan of it, but that's not stopping me from that the second one looks incredibly good.

I have one tips to you. Go buy Uncharted 1. The demo doesn't do it justice at all. I played the demo and wasn't to much into it, then I bought it becouse it got so great reveiws and good PS3 games wasn't crowding the PS3 at that time. I have played trough it numerous times. Now with added trophy support, there is no reason not to own it. The gameplay is fun and engaging. The visuals are stunning, even now, there is little that comes close to it. The story is entertaining and the gameplay is really well done. Do yourself a favour and buy the game. It will be a pleasent surprise. It's like picking up God of War 1, you might be sceptic at first, but 9 out of 10 loves it.

Anyone ells hyped about the new Alien Vs Predator game. It looks fantastic, and is beeing developed by the team that made the original one, wich was a blast to play, singel and multiplayer.

I must say, Wet looks to be pretty good. It'll probably turn out to be a run-and-gun, kill 'em all type game, but it looks pretty fun from the demo at E3.

I'll also be looking into buying Prototype for either the 360 or the PC, haven't decided yet.

Anyone ells hyped about the new Alien Vs Predator game. It looks fantastic, and is beeing developed by the team that made the original one, wich was a blast to play, singel and multiplayer.

This game looks sick!

Head over to gametrailers.com and checkout the footage they have playing as the Predator and it is awesome.

Graphics might be a little sharper and more polished but there is plenty of time and the multiplayer will be insane if they get it right!

Mmm...Prototype...

Only 6 more days! ^_^

In my opinion, Prototype always looked ten times better than inFamous. I believe it'll be a hell of a lot more fun as well. Sure, electrocuting people is fun, but if you don't have any blood and you can't fry people, then... wtf. Also, it looks like there's about 6 damn character models in inFamous...

@ Bromle and TH about AVP

Absolutely! I posted a few pictures from it in some pages back. I saw it in my latest issue of OPSM and it looks fantastic. Can't wait!

One thing I will say about AVP I saw in the demo they played was the trophy kills for the Predators were the same, one for the front attack and one for the back which got a bit tedious after a while. If they can get a big more variation in that ill be happy.

i'm a bit late to the game but wow does microsofts motion control thing look brilliant?

i really can't wait for the next MGS, i really think the experience with those games are what all games should be like, it really emerses you. i even enjoy the cut scenes(you can always skip them and still have a blast), the production in some of the scenes in MGS4 were BRILLIANT! especially the scene where

raiden fights vamp(the first time) and the end of act 3!

i think mag could be fun, but nothing really gets me excited at the moment :( nothing coming out this year anyway

Bioshock 2?

i didn't love the first one, it annoyed me that i didn't because i heard so much about it all the time.

microsoft had the best press conference by far imo

I was much like that with Bioshock after playing the demo, but when I actually played the game I really got into it and loved the whole setting of it.

I think MS did have the best conference followed quite closely by Sony but Nintendo flagged far behind.

Mmm...Prototype...

Only 6 more days! ^_^

In my opinion, Prototype always looked ten times better than inFamous. I believe it'll be a hell of a lot more fun as well. Sure, electrocuting people is fun, but if you don't have any blood and you can't fry people, then... wtf. Also, it looks like there's about 6 damn character models in inFamous...

@ Bromle and TH about AVP

Absolutely! I posted a few pictures from it in some pages back. I saw it in my latest issue of OPSM and it looks fantastic. Can't wait!

inFamous' dvd holder now has a crack in it where the controller hit it.

I'm going from nearly all-out gamer rage to loving it. I can't remember a game that's swung between the two so much that I've played recently.

It's immense fun to throw people off buildings and watch them tumble to the streets below, slide round on train tracks and listen to a moody Amon Tobin soundtrack.

However, this game really needed a lock-on system. Watching the umpteenth reaper dance round a car and almost kill you while Macgrath punches a civilian is extremely irritating. As is the fact the reavers are amazing shots and can pick you out from several buildings away.

It's never that satisfying that you've beaten them, more a relief you haven't got to restart the mission yet again. Maybe as I'll power up I'll feel more like a superhero but at the moment the only reason to keep slogging through the rather repetitive side-missions is because it clears the reapers out meaning I can go explore without being shot in the back every five seconds...

Edited by ADPT

lol@ the "crack in case"

The last time I flipped out enough to break something was while playing the Challenge of the Gods on God of War I. I got right to the top and lost and i literally took my PS2 controller and twisted the bitch in half! :lol:

And about inFamous, I still might consider getting it, but definitely not right now. I'm getting Red Faction: Guerrilla first, and them Prototype next week, with Ghostbusters the week after that. So I'll have plenty of games to spend plenty of time with.

I will say this about the inFamous Demo though which is probably the thing that through me off. Every time I would try to just run around and stuff, I'd always go out of the Demos boundaries and would have to see "Aborting Mission..." all of the time. Now, I know that isn't how the full game is, but having to deal with that on the Demo pissed me off a bit.

But like I said, I'm definitely considering getting it after awhile. :thumbsup: