VIDEOGAME Thread...

Prototype just keeps getting better and better. It starts to grow on you even more once you start unlocking more powers and whatnot. The Whipfist is awesome!

Whipfist is one of my favourites. At first I was disappointed with that Muscly Arm power, thinking it was just a strength boost, until I punched a guy and he exploded like the motherfuckin fist of the north star. At which point, I started super punching motherfuckers as often as I could, watching them explode into tiny pieces. Goddamn, this game is awesome.

Absolutely. The Whipfist is great and I thought the same thing about the Musclemass Power (I call it Strongarm for some reason :shrugs:). It's great when you get the stronger throw for it and you can whip people and cars a hell of a lot faster. I wasn't the biggest fan of the Hammerfist at first either, but once you get the Dropping-Elbow upgrade or whatever it's called, they're pretty fun to use. And the Blade, well that speaks for itself. It's obviously the most powerful and the most bad-ass looking. In the long was run, the Hammerfist and Claws are probably my least favorite, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy using them. Also, even though using the Armor doesn't allow you to Glide or run and jump as much as usual, you look so much cooler with one of your powers equipped while wearing the Armor.

If I was going to complain about anything with this game, it would be the aiming system occasionally, and the graphics.

Aiming System - It's not to hard to get down, but the thing that annoys me is that, if you're just trying to mess around in the city and kill people, if there's a tank or soldier around, it locks on to them and won't let you change to anything else. So your only options are to either kill the enemy you're locked on to, or run away from it so you are too far to lock on to it.

Graphics - No one can deny that this game isn't up to the PS3 or 360's par, but still, that aren't exactly that bad. You can tell that they tried to make certain things better looking than others. For example, Alex obviously looks a lot better than a random civilian on the street. But it doesn't matter to me, the gameplay and fun-factor make up for the graphics. And like I said, they aren't really all that bad, just not up to Next-Gen Par.

:thumbsup:

@BS what I kind of find in some next gen games is the ones you expect to blow you away like Halo, GTA and the first Resistance were a little disappointing graphically. Not bad atall just disappointing and you find some of the more obscure games graphically like Viva Pinata and LBP looking much better. Maybe its just me but LBP and Viva Pinata are two of the best looking next gen games IMO.

938583_20070307_screen004.jpg

946126_20080819_screen026.jpg

I love LBP whenever I can get onto my bros PS3 I play it.

Viva Pinata is just a damn addictive game and so pretty aswell. It does seem like Rare always manage to get great looking games. I mean despite their fault Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo looked great when they came out and likewise Viva Pinata and Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts looks graphically superb

Aiming System - It's not to hard to get down, but the thing that annoys me is that, if you're just trying to mess around in the city and kill people, if there's a tank or soldier around, it locks on to them and won't let you change to anything else. So your only options are to either kill the enemy you're locked on to, or run away from it so you are too far to lock on to it.

If you press the lock-on button again, your aimer drops off the enemy, I thought. I could be wrong, though.

Graphics - No one can deny that this game isn't up to the PS3 or 360's par, but still, that aren't exactly that bad. You can tell that they tried to make certain things better looking than others. For example, Alex obviously looks a lot better than a random civilian on the street. But it doesn't matter to me, the gameplay and fun-factor make up for the graphics. And like I said, they aren't really all that bad, just not up to Next-Gen Par.

Usually an open-world game that has good graphics tend to play slowly or lag a lot, Prototype plays beautifully, so I say the sacrifice of the graphics were a good idea. Also, some of the smaller area, like when you fight those couple infected guys, the graphics are great.

Exactly. I honestly don't think I've experienced any lag at all on Prototype, nor have I noticed and frame-rate drops or anything.

I have one question about it though, that I'm going to look up after I ask it her as well...

If you see a Web of Intrigue target on the street, and they get killed before you get to them, will they eventually come back or respawn somewhere else or something? Because I know I've seen at least one get killed before I got to them, and maybe another. I really hope they come back eventually, because if they don't, that would be extremely stupid seeing as how the civilians can get killed very easily if there are zombies and military personnel around and missing just one could mean that you wouldn't be able to get the Web done 100%.

EDIT: Just looked it up and people say that they do. :thumbsup:

Edited by Black Sabbath

Prototype just keeps getting better and better. It starts to grow on you even more once you start unlocking more powers and whatnot. The Whipfist is awesome!

Whipfist is one of my favourites. At first I was disappointed with that Muscly Arm power, thinking it was just a strength boost, until I punched a guy and he exploded like the motherfuckin fist of the north star. At which point, I started super punching motherfuckers as often as I could, watching them explode into tiny pieces. Goddamn, this game is awesome.

Absolutely. The Whipfist is great and I thought the same thing about the Musclemass Power (I call it Strongarm for some reason :shrugs:). It's great when you get the stronger throw for it and you can whip people and cars a hell of a lot faster. I wasn't the biggest fan of the Hammerfist at first either, but once you get the Dropping-Elbow upgrade or whatever it's called, they're pretty fun to use. And the Blade, well that speaks for itself. It's obviously the most powerful and the most bad-ass looking. In the long was run, the Hammerfist and Claws are probably my least favorite, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy using them. Also, even though using the Armor doesn't allow you to Glide or run and jump as much as usual, you look so much cooler with one of your powers equipped while wearing the Armor.

If I was going to complain about anything with this game, it would be the aiming system occasionally, and the graphics.

Oh, man. I use that Armor as often as possible. Armor + Musclemass = unstoppable. Although, I prefer to use normal fists with the Armor. Doing a charged uppercut in the armor looks so badass.

And yeah, I agree with those two cons with the game. It seems with aiming, military takes priority. I remember trying to do some helicopter event, and my aim kept going to either a hive or a tank below me, instead of the enemy helis I was supposed to kill.

Another con about the game, is the writing. Overall, the storyline isn't bad, it could just be executed a lot better. There are some cut-scenes where what Alex says just seems so out of place and random. Speaking of which, the cut-scenes could be done a lot better too. Most of the time, the cut-scenes are only about 30 seconds long and consist of: Some person: "Alex, do this shit now, boy" Alex: "Yeah, I better do that. Then I'll kick this guys ass" Some person: "lol k". But then again, you're playing the wrong game if you want to play solely for storyline.

And yeah, I agree with those two cons with the game. It seems with aiming, military takes priority. I remember trying to do some helicopter event, and my aim kept going to either a hive or a tank below me, instead of the enemy helis I was supposed to kill.

Did you do the Helicopter Event where you have to shoot down a shit load of those little UFO/Satellite things? That is probably the toughest one I've tried to achieve Gold on because they don't send me enough in time! The one time I did end up getting 64/65 though which really pissed me off. :)

EDIT: Just got it, finally. Though, the Platinum for it will be a bitch. <_<

Edited by Black Sabbath

I cannot believe that he is not going to be involved in this game as a director. This game is going to suck without him doing it. It definately wont be the same and I'm very disappointed.

Anyone else feel the same way?

For a start this has already been discussed in the video game thread. He is involved in the game as the producer like he has been in all the other MGS games. As a producer you have more major decisions to make then then director as it is down to the producer to make sure everything is good and before they start making the game.

MGS is Kojimas baby and if he dont like it, then it wont go in. However the game will feel and play alot different to others.

As far as I’m concerned, the MGS series was tied up with a bow in the fourth. I’m not interested in playing anymore of them because the story has been finished.

But in other Metal Gear news, Christian Bale is apparently interested in playing Solid Snake in the film adaptation…provided it ever gets off the ground.

http://www.n4g.com/News-67033.aspx

I severely doubt a MGS movie could ever encompass the exposition and depth that the first PS game had, but Christian as Snake would be a very cool casting decision. Especially if he played the dual roles of Solid and Liquid Snake…certainly a much better choice then Gerard Butler or Hugh Jackhole, or any other dunce that passes for an action hero these days.

To those of you with Prototype, what percentage of the Web do you have complete? Right now I'm at 61% and going. :)

EDIT: Also, how are all of you doing with the Side-Challenges? So far, I have Gold on every single one that's in the city and I've got 7 more Main Missions to go, so there can't be to too many Challenges left. Some of them will go strait to Platinum when I beat the game, but I already know that some will give me a hard time. Mainly probably the Running/Parkour Challenges (the ones with the foot symbol).

Edited by Black Sabbath

Solid Snake with the Batman voice?

Im not convinced. Anyways the game even from MGS1 were cinematic experiences aswell, it wouldnt translate well into film due to the sheer depth of characterisation unless they basically got rid of all the villains except Liquid, Ocelot and Psycho Mantis.

To those of you with Prototype, what percentage of the Web do you have complete? Right now I'm at 61% and going. :)

EDIT: Also, how are all of you doing with the Side-Challenges? So far, I have Gold on every single one that's in the city and I've got 7 more Main Missions to go, so there can't be to too many Challenges left. Some of them will go strait to Platinum when I beat the game, but I already know that some will give me a hard time. Mainly probably the Running/Parkour Challenges (the ones with the foot symbol).

I've got all Gold. I'm going for Platinum ones now. Some of them are ridiculous. I'm close to saying "fuck it" with completing this. I'll complete an event almost flawlessly and I'll still end up 70 kills short of the Platinum goal. -_-