VIDEOGAME Thread...

Seriously, I was excited for Colonial Marines, but now that I've seen the collector's edition, it's uncomparable.

As for E3, Nintendo will be interesting. Not interested in Microsoft. And as for Sony, I'm interested in pretty much everything except for the Vita, unless it's a price drop.

Nintendo Pricing and release date for WiiU and launch titles, new Mario and Zelda announced, a few third party exclusives are revealed and more ports of current PS3/360 titles. New 3DS Zelda announced along with new model 3DS with second slider. More casual games announced and next generation of Wii Sports/ Fit is revealed. First look at how the online system will work.

There are actually two Mario games confirmed to be in development for the Wii U, I think. Super Mario Bros. 4 and New Super Mario Bros. Mii. NSMBM is based off of the little demo shown at last year's E3 while no one really knows what SMB4 will be (some are guessing it'll be the next 3D platforming Mario - this makes sense because why would they release two 2D Mario games so close to each other?). Also, if I recall correctly, Miyamoto also made some comment close to last E3 that the next Zelda was also being worked on already. Not surprising. The surprising thing would be seeing anything from it already. Also, I think I remember seeing that there is a 3D Zelda in development already. I suppose we could see actual gameplay or whatever from these games, and that would be awesome.

I agree with pretty much all of what you said. I'd just add that we'll see more first party games than Zelda/Mario. We'll undoubtedly see Pikmin 3 at E3, and Retro is also working on a new game (heavily rumored to be a new Star Fox). Also wouldn't be surprised to see F Zero make an appearance. Also think we'll see some more info on previously announced 3DS titles like Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion 2 and maybe even more reveals.

Can't wait for Nintendo's E3 conference, personally. I'm more or less finished with Microsoft. Sony's could be cool, though their games tend to be more hit-or-miss for me than Nintendo's games.

Agreed LB, since I've gotten my gaming PC I have hardly touched my 360 with the two exceptions being Gears 3 and Sonic 4: Episode 2, for the last 2 years since Kinect was announced Microsoft have been pretty terrible but when you look at sales figures they have been number 1 for those 2 years so somebody is buying it. The problem is the hardcore gamers have been pushed away for the new casual crowd and it will not be until the 720 is announced that they will try and get the hardcore back.

Pikmin 3 will be interesting to see and an HD F-Zero will look ridiculous, Nintendo have scheduled a press thing tomorrow focussing on WiiU hardware which means their press conference on Tuesday will be entirely software driven which excites me.

Pikmin 3 will be interesting to see and an HD F-Zero will look ridiculous, Nintendo have scheduled a press thing tomorrow focussing on WiiU hardware which means their press conference on Tuesday will be entirely software driven which excites me.

Just heard about this. Pretty excited! I have my high school graduation ceremony around the same time, however, so I'll miss it. I'll have to look up the details afterward.

I don't have one yet. :(

I've heard a bunch of good things about the new Kid Icarus game, though. Mario Kart 7 also seems like an obvious buy. Devil Survivor was a well-received DS game that came out for the 3DS last year, I believe. That could be worth checking out.

Yeah, I'm thinking about Kid Icarus, along with either Mario Kart 7 and/or Super Mario 3D Land. Also might to the Harvest Moon 3DS game, and Animal Crossing 3DS better come out soon. :tongue2:

kid icarus for the nes was awesome

Really didn't care for Microsoft's conference at all.

Halo 4 looks pretty, though I've personally never been big on the franchise. Still, it looked good and was obviously a high point of the conference. Only gripe is that it just looks like... Halo?

Main problem is that they focus so much on multiplatform titles with the only catch being that they'll have DLC available early on the Xbox. That's personally not a big thing for me and it doesn't make me think highly of MS's conference for just focusing so much on games I'd be able to get on the PS3 and possibly the Wii U. Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell, Black Ops 2, Resident Evil 6, etc, etc. That said, Tomb Raider looks awesome. Splinter Cell and Black Ops 2 look horrible.

Their new racing game they showed off looked SO MUCH like NFS Hot Pursuit.

They had those three games towards the end, but you couldn't tell much at all about two of them. Didn't interest me at all.

Gears of War didn't get shown very much.

None of the additions to XBL were that interesting.

The Kinect stuff continues to look laughable.

Then there's the SmartGlass or whatever. It was entertaining to see how quick they were to copy the Wii U with the tablet integration in games. I think it's going to be incredibly limited in what games actually utilize it with the Xbox, though. The smartphone acting as a mouse for browsing the Internet seemed silly. I didn't really get the streaming thing. Can you send *anything* you're streaming with your tablet to the Xbox? I'd have to REALLY doubt it. They didn't delve very deeply into how it's going to work yet.

It was a very weak conference. Three bad conferences in a row.

Really didn't care for Microsoft's conference at all.

Halo 4 looks pretty, though I've personally never been big on the franchise. Still, it looked good and was obviously a high point of the conference. Only gripe is that it just looks like... Halo?

Main problem is that they focus so much on multiplatform titles with the only catch being that they'll have DLC available early on the Xbox. That's personally not a big thing for me and it doesn't make me think highly of MS's conference for just focusing so much on games I'd be able to get on the PS3 and possibly the Wii U. Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell, Black Ops 2, Resident Evil 6, etc, etc. That said, Tomb Raider looks awesome. Splinter Cell and Black Ops 2 look horrible.

Their new racing game they showed off looked SO MUCH like NFS Hot Pursuit.

They had those three games towards the end, but you couldn't tell much at all about two of them. Didn't interest me at all.

Gears of War didn't get shown very much.

None of the additions to XBL were that interesting.

The Kinect stuff continues to look laughable.

Then there's the SmartGlass or whatever. It was entertaining to see how quick they were to copy the Wii U with the tablet integration in games. I think it's going to be incredibly limited in what games actually utilize it with the Xbox, though. The smartphone acting as a mouse for browsing the Internet seemed silly. I didn't really get the streaming thing. Can you send *anything* you're streaming with your tablet to the Xbox? I'd have to REALLY doubt it. They didn't delve very deeply into how it's going to work yet.

It was a very weak conference. Three bad conferences in a row.

i agre with you, it looked meh. i think they are holding everything back for when they announce the new system. black ops 2 looks like black ops 1 pretty much, which will follow in the call of duty tradition of rehashing the same game over and over again. tomb raider looked neat and i cant wait for resident evil 6. i wish something from doom 4 would show up and kinect is fucking stupid IMO

Edited by bran

I agree about the crap conference, main thing that interested me was the new South Park game that looked great.

The problem is because Microsoft's numbers sales wise are still very good and have been since they introduced Kinect that they will continue down that path for a while which is quite sad.

One of the biggest problems I had this year is they got rid of the hour of Kinect crap they have had the past 2 years and yet there still seemed to be less games being shown off, the vast majority of presentations were short trailers such as Gears and Fable.

Thankfully this is the last year of this crap as the new Xbox has to be announced next year, if Microsoft haven't been able to get their first party studios working on games for that for a while then what the hell has they been doing because it sure as hell was not 360 games.

Honestly, I just don't think they have many quality first party franchises. They're not like Sony and Nintendo where they can pull out a game from any of the plethora of great franchises they have and get people pumped up. If they don't have a Gears of War or Halo game imminent, then they don't have much. I think they realize this and are glad to rely on the other features of XBL (streaming videos, music, sports, etc, etc) and multiplatform game incentives (Kinect integration and timed-exclusives) instead of relying on good first party titles to draw sales. Unfortunately, it's been working.

Honestly, I just don't think they have many quality first party franchises. They're not like Sony and Nintendo where they can pull out a game from any of the plethora of great franchises they have and get people pumped up. If they don't have a Gears of War or Halo game imminent, then they don't have much. I think they realize this and are glad to rely on the other features of XBL (streaming videos, music, sports, etc, etc) and multiplatform game incentives (Kinect integration and timed-exclusives) instead of relying on good first party titles to draw sales. Unfortunately, it's been working.

Exactly, its very ironic how at the beginning of the cycle PS3 was the entertainment console and 360 was the hardcore console and now the roles have been completely flipped with 360 being entertainment and PS3 more about the games.

In regards to first party franchises I somewhat disagree, Microsoft have plenty but don't utilize them well enough, if a game doesn't sell millions they put it on the back burner, look at what they have done to Rare, so many great franchises that could have been used but instead have been forgotten. Hopefully they will come back next gen but I doubt it atm, and I do have to say that if Microsoft don't bring it hard next year they will be losing me as a customer. Over the last year I have gotten into PC gaming hard and don't really play my consoles so much but if I were to go out and buy a console now it would be a PS3.

Also rumors are that Sony's conference while not quite as dismal as Microsoft's will be similar with not that many new titles revealed just ones that we already know about as it is obvious that both manufacturers are biding their time until next year when they unleash their next console. That being said I am excited for Sony's presentation greatly.

If Nintendo don't win E3 this year then they messed up badly, they are showing off next gen hardware and games and really should be impressing people.

Yeah, I'll be shocked if Nintendo doesn't win this year's E3.

And I'm not sure what to expect from Sony's. I figure it'll focus on improvements on PSN, the Vita, and the PS3, but I'm at least counting on their software to at least be more entertaining then the pretty bland group that Microsoft showed off. They'll show off Naughty Dog's new game, obviously. Letting Squeenix show off the new Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts 3 would be awesome, too.