VIDEOGAME Thread...

• 2 weeks later...

Nintendo thought today was E3 for some reason and revealed a ton of Wii U shit.

They revealed a game called Yarn Yoshi. The team developing the game is the same one that did Kirby's Epic Yarn, and the director of the group is the same person who directed the development of Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story. I personally love both of those games so I'm looking forward to this.

yarn_yoshi_001_thumb.jpg

Then then revealed a full HD remake of Wind Waker.

zelda_windwaker_001_thumb.jpg

The Wonderful 101, one of Platinum Games' upcoming Wii U games, also got a new trailer.

There was also a bit of information spilled about the next Zelda Wii U game (not Wind Waker, a brand new title).

Nintendo’s brand new Zelda game for Wii U seeks to do away with the series’ conventions and surprise players, says Zelda series producer, Eiji Aonuma.

What conventions? Things like completing dungeons in a set order or playing all by yourself. Effort was made into implementing some of these changes in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, but Nintendo were unable to do so.

In the video above, Aonuma discusses the development philosophy behind the new Wii U Zelda, and also provides a glimpse at the Wii U remake of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

What does Aonuma mean when he says you won’t have to play by yourself? Are Nintendo planning to add a multiplayer element to the game? That could be interesting. Alternatively, perhaps it will be some sort of asynchronous multiplayer.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/23/zelda-wii-u-will-be-less-linear-may-have-multiplayer-aspect/#6praHlaupHiI6mGZ.99

And then, Iwata announced that a new 3D Mario, Super Smash Bros. 4, and Mario Kart Wii U will all see official reveals at E3. We all knew these games were coming, obviously, but confirmation that they're coming this soon is a very nice surprise. I wasn't expecting to see anything concrete about Mario Kart or the 3D Mario until next year or something.

There was also a developer video for Bayonetta 2, Platinum Games' other Wii U title.

Monolith Soft, the developer of Xenoblade, also revealed their new game. And it looks fucking AMAZING. There's a video in the link.

49e04cb82e63ea804859bbc98913b.gif

fab5a186e817aee3889101d077a21.gif

And then in news that came out of absolutely NOWHERE, a collaboration between Atlus and Nintendo was announced with a Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem crossover. These are pretty niche series in the west, but I'm pumped.

Is Fire Emblem worth be selling my current 3DS to get the special/limited edition 3DS with the game in February?

Also, Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is really good.

I love Fire Emblem, but I'm personally not even sure if I'm getting the limited edition 3DS. I've heard the 3DS XL is a lot better so I may be getting that one instead. Not sure. It's such a tough decision. :(

ps4 announcement in new york on the 20th

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how much they show.

Again, I'm not getting excited for this until I hear a confirmation that you can play used games on it. And even then, I expect this to be well out of my price range for the first couple of years, which isn't really a bad thing because it'll allow it to build up a respectable library of games (the PS3 always seemed like it had a terrible library of games for like the first three years).

So yeah, 3DS and Wii U are next on my list and in an ideal world I'd get both of those before the end of 2013. I'll set the PS4 aside until it becomes affordable in a few years.

http://www.gamespot....nection-6403498

lol this is fucking bullshit.

I hope Nintendo sticks around for a long time and continues to keep from doing horseshit like this suggests. At this rate the video game industry deserves to die.

It's just nasty profiteering really, isn't it? It's kinda the death of traditional gaming, none of the games I've enjoyed the most have had any real kind of online connectivity...

I hope Nintendo sticks around for a long time and continues to keep from doing horseshit like this suggests. At this rate the video game industry deserves to die.

It's just nasty profiteering really, isn't it? It's kinda the death of traditional gaming, none of the games I've enjoyed the most have had any real kind of online connectivity...

Yep, I'm still one of those people who largely play single player games with no need for online connectivity as well. I mean, it's just so blatant that they have no regard for their consumers at this stage. And then that used games issue... Ugh.

Yep, I'm still one of those people who largely play single player games with no need for online connectivity as well.

Same. The industry is lopping off its own limbs in a desperate, greedy attempt to kill off the used games market.

• 3 weeks later...

I had to rescue this thread from 6 pages back!

I cannot believe that Football Manager 2013 hasn't been cracked yet, despite being out for months. Football Manager is one of the most popular games franchises about, so it has certainly been in the sites of the crackers - yet, they haven't managed to break its DRM protection.

Do you think that we are finally starting to reach a stage where companies have the ability to make crack-proof games?

I finished the new Hitman game recently. That was a real chore towards the end. Please ditch the damn disguise system for the next one or don't the fill the game with so many linear levels.

Also found my copy of Far Cry 2, which was bundled with my Xbox when I first bought it. Decided to give it another chance and soon thought 'ah yes, the respawning murderous guards, now I remember why I stopped playing'. Until I turned the crosshairs off and ramped up the difficulty. What a difference. Hike around posts in the sprawling hills and plan my attacks. Gunfights are tersely brutal affairs and there's the tension of a malaria attack or a gun jamming or a stray RPG shot causing chaos. It's incredibly immersive. Wished I'd played it sooner.

I had to rescue this thread from 6 pages back!

I cannot believe that Football Manager 2013 hasn't been cracked yet, despite being out for months. Football Manager is one of the most popular games franchises about, so it has certainly been in the sites of the crackers - yet, they haven't managed to break its DRM protection.

Do you think that we are finally starting to reach a stage where companies have the ability to make crack-proof games?

Making the game only playable once you've activated it on steam makes it very hard to crack. They did it last year too but it was eventually cracked after a couple of weeks. The activation thing pissed a lot of people off but I can see why they did it... Football Manager is one of the most popular franchises but it's also far and away the most pirated. I've been playing it since the Championship Manager days and I think I only paid for it once :lol: Apparently those two weeks of piracy-free sales last year was enough to hire 18 more developers.