VIDEOGAME Thread...

For the over-20 crowd here, these systems for us were analogous to the PS2/XBox/Gamecube...

NES was slightly before my time though I still played it as a kid, remember the classic games? Double Dragon, Ninja Gaiden, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Super Mario Brothers and Duckhunt?

Or Sega's great games like the sonic series, golden axe,etc...Sega always came to me as a lower end version of the SNES, however I had to buy one for some of the games they were putting out at the time...

My all time favorite system was the Super Nintendo, so many sweet games...Turtles in Time, Street Fighter 2 (favorite game ever), Super Mario World,etc

I can't tell you how many quarters I wasted in the arcade on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles before they released Turtles in Time on snes.... :lol:

Guest Jack_the_ripper

I wouldn't say that only over 20 year olds played the NES, I'm 19 and I grew up on NES... I remember when I first got it, I had to eat chop suey (of which I hated) to be able to get it. The first time I popped in mario though... I was hooked, been a gamer ever since.

I never got a SNES, but I did get a Genesis, of which I reaked the rewards of Sonic, and 1 of my all time favorite, and very undersated games named Gunstar Heroes. Anyways, with my psp, I can now play all the great SNES games I onced missed out on, I'm currently working on the Legend of Zelda a link to the past.

You guys ever play shinobi for sega? That was a sweet game. Sega's other system the Saturn also had an amazing game called "Nights into Mystery", I'm thinking of buying a saturn off ebay just to play that game....

Supersillyspacemonkey, what do you mean? does the wii take cartridges? :question:

Snes had an amazing game library, Super Metroid, Paper Boy, Mortal Kombat were all boss...

Edited by SylvesterStallone

You guys ever play shinobi for sega? That was a sweet game. Sega's other system the Saturn also had an amazing game called "Nights into Mystery", I'm thinking of buying a saturn off ebay just to play that game....

Supersillyspacemonkey, what do you mean? does the wii take cartridges? :question:

Snes had an amazing game library, Super Metroid, Paper Boy, Mortal Kombat were all boss...

no theres like this online shop thing and i guess you like pick a system and a game, you pay like 10$ and it gets downloaded onto the wii itself.

and i think you can get like different style controllers too to make the controls not too fucked up.

im 18 and thanks to my older brother I also grew up on these systems. Besides Mario Brothers, Duckhunt had to be my favorite game for NES. I also tried to play Zelda but was never good at it (i still suck at the newer versions lol) but always had fun with it.

I never had an SNES but enjoyed playing games like street fighter at friends houses.

I loved Genesis. Mortal Kombat 2 was by far my favorite game. I also loved Sonic. Being a huge wrestling fan, one of my favorite games was WWF Raw.

to bad I dont have those systems anymore..good memories.

Anyone else buy 32x, the "add on" for genesis?

I remember i had that plugged into the top of my genesis... Then in top of that a game genie... Then in top of that sonic and knuckles.. then on top of that another sonic game :lol:! It looked so goofy

Edited by kevin

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Love good ol' NES ^_^ And SNES

Favorite games NES: Punch out, Turtles, Super Mario 3, Kid Icarus, Ice Climbers

Favorite Games SNES: Donkey Kong Country, Mario World, Mario World 2, Mega Man

Guest Jack_the_ripper

there's a huge rumor that nights into mystery may be released for the wii virtual console.

Let me explain the concept of the virtual Console a little better then the other guy. Basically you walk into your local gaming retailer, and buy some wii points ( 1000 points is 10$ I believe) and a game will range within 500 to 800-900 points. You go home, turn on your wii, and go to the shop channel, enter the code on your points card, and your amount of points will be updated (note this can be avoided with a credit card.) You then go in the "browse games" category, choose a game you want, and download it, if you have enough points for it. Then go back ot the main menu once its downloaded, and you will see it appear. Click on it, and play.

there is only currently a limited amount of games released for it, however every Monday (Friday in europe) several classic games are released for it, and Nights is one of the rumors titles.

The other big rumor for nights is having a straight out sequel for the wii.

there's a huge rumor that nights into mystery may be released for the wii virtual console.

Let me explain the concept of the virtual Console a little better then the other guy. Basically you walk into your local gaming retailer, and buy some wii points ( 1000 points is 10$ I believe) and a game will range within 500 to 800-900 points. You go home, turn on your wii, and go to the shop channel, enter the code on your points card, and your amount of points will be updated (note this can be avoided with a credit card.) You then go in the "browse games" category, choose a game you want, and download it, if you have enough points for it. Then go back ot the main menu once its downloaded, and you will see it appear. Click on it, and play.

there is only currently a limited amount of games released for it, however every Monday (Friday in europe) several classic games are released for it, and Nights is one of the rumors titles.

The other big rumor for nights is having a straight out sequel for the wii.

Wow, that's a pretty cool feature they have developed for the Wii. Initially I was thinking of buying a PS3 but it seems like the wii is the all round better system....

Nights into mystery is such an awesome game, getting a sequel on Wii would be unbelievable...

You guys ever play shinobi for sega? That was a sweet game.

Yep. Sega had so many great games...

and then they fucked themselves over with dreamcast and by completely gaying up the sonic the hedgehog series.

All true, but the new Sonic and the Secret Rings on the Wii is a big step back in the right direction.

Nintendo has really pulled a rabbit out of the hat with the Wii. As many Wii's sold in Feb as Xbox and PS3 combined...

Guest Jack_the_ripper

and then they fucked themselves over with dreamcast and by completely gaying up the sonic the hedgehog series.

All true, but the new Sonic and the Secret Rings on the Wii is a big step back in the right direction.

Nintendo has really pulled a rabbit out of the hat with the Wii. As many Wii's sold in Feb as Xbox and PS3 combined...

you guys are on crack, The Dreamcast is Sega's best console game wise by far.

you guys are on crack, The Dreamcast is Sega's best console game wise by far.

That must be why they released so many consoles after it... It was released too early...just like the sega saturn...

With both those consoles Sony came out with the playstations a while after and kicked their asses.

Anyway, for nostalgia.

My favourite Snes games:

Darius twins, donkey kong country, turtles in time and Street fighter 2.

For the NES you can't beat super mario bros 3.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

alright aid look, I'll take out the big guns:

1. Soul Calibur 96.4%

2. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 94.9%

3. NFL 2K1 94.8%

4. Resident Evil Code: Veronica 93.5%

5. Rayman 2: The Great Escape 93.0%

6. Quake III Arena 91.7%

7. Jet Grind Radio 91.5%

8. NFL 2K 91.4%

9. Dead or Alive 2 91.3%

10. Virtua Tennis 90.6%

11. Crazy Taxi DC 90.3%

12. Skies of Arcadia 90.1%

and not mention its 32 other games that scored in the 80's. The dreamcast was an absolute great console.

Now how about you learn something about gaming, and before making ridiculous claims such as "the dreamcast sucks, why didn't sega come out with another console after." you do some research on the matter.

The Dreamcast failed because of piracy, people found out you can just simply pop in a normal blank recordable cd rom into your pc, download a game off the net, burn it onto your cd, put it in your dreamcast, and you can play it.

That's why that was Sega's final console.