VIDEOGAME Thread...

Just bought Skyrim, played for about 40 minutes. I know I'm way late to the game, but it's pretty fun so far. Not sure why I never got around to playing it; I've done most of the major RPG's in the last 5 years.

I haven't played it yet either - and I've only really ever managed to put about ~20 hours into Oblivion - gonna make my way through that first before I tackle Skyrim in about ~10 years time. :D

Skyrim is alot shorter than Oblivion and Morrowind. It's also the commercial version.

It's very tempting just to do all the side content and level up, but if you do the main quest becomes way too easy. If you just do the main questline, it's over in a few hours.

It's a good game and alot of fun, I just prefer stuff like the mages guild to take ages for example like in the older games. The Skyrim version the College of Winterhold lasts 2 hours max.

Got Arkham Origins in the mail from Gamefly. Thought I removed it from my queue because I didn't like Arkham City. I'm liking Origins so far though.

tumblr_me2mheoM8z1rl2z7po3_r1_250.gif

For once I kinda agree with Lucy. Arkham City wasn't a patch on Asylum.

Skyrim is alot shorter than Oblivion and Morrowind. It's also the commercial version.

It's very tempting just to do all the side content and level up, but if you do the main quest becomes way too easy. If you just do the main questline, it's over in a few hours.

It's a good game and alot of fun, I just prefer stuff like the mages guild to take ages for example like in the older games. The Skyrim version the College of Winterhold lasts 2 hours max.

What? Really? I thought it was a 60+ hour game?

How did you guys like Destiny?

The "story" mode was pretty cool. I regret not completing all that was in the beta. I had a blast exploring the wasteland with my friend, finding loot in crazy places. I just hope the game is as big as it's supposed to be.

I thought it was a very cool game, definitely up there with COD and Halo. Still, with the PvP, I felt something was missing. There wasn't much going on in it, just jetpacking around killing people. When you die, it's often completely out of your control, like you're either killed by an Ultimate (which are completely stupid, btw), or because you are weak from your last gun fight. It's hard to fuck up in a gunfight in the game, I win most of them but unless my opponent was really inexperienced, I left the battle with too little health and too little ammo to get another kill without hiding for 8 seconds. Still, it's fun, but I wonder how long it'd stay fun for. I think it has a lot of potential if Bungie is as creative and focused on variety as they were with Halo.

What? Really? I thought it was a 60+ hour game?

60+ hours if your spend most of your time doing random side quests, exploring the world by walking everywhere and levelling skills that for the most part don't need levelled. The actual main content is actually very short.

The side content isn't bad, it's just alot less depth than the older games. I'm making it sound bad, it really isn't though.

Morrowind took an hour to travel most of the time to the content, especially the first time you wander around :P. It was way, way longer questing wise than Skyrim. FYI, Oblivion wasn't as long as Morrowind, but it definitely was longer than Skyrims main quest.

Also Mages guild vs. College of Winterhold. Main questline in Winterhold is only a few quests, even in Oblivion you'd do more quests in Mages guild per a city to get promoted and move up in rank than the College in Skyrim. Morrowind of course again was longer.

The Mages guild length argument also applies to The Thief's/Fighters (companions) guild versions in Skyrim.