MYGNR Meetup - Sydney

highvoltage

Well... who's interested in organising a meetup for the Sydney show? Do we do it on the Saturday... or do we meetup on the Friday night so we can line up early on Saturday?

Thoughts/Opinions?

PEOPLE INTERESTED IN MEETING UP:

Highvoltage (+2 Friends)

MEG79S

Aussie Axl

gunners_4_eva

Son Of A Gun

mick_hudson

• 2 weeks later...
if i make it down, i'm kneen! seeing none of my mates would be coming to sydney with me, high you coming to brisbane?.

At $170 it's a bit hard to tell... I also don't have my exam timetable yet, so I might even have a uni exam on the same date which would suck. And then the other problem of whether they announce a second Sydney show comes into it.

So yeah... it all depends on a few things. I'm a bit bummed about the whole situation at the moment, missing the first presale and all. At this stage, I don't think i'll have anyone to go with (I don't know a single person that would consider paying $170 for GN'R, not even metallica1) so looks like i'll be hanging with whoever I can grab a beer with outside the venue on the day. :P

if i make it down, i'm kneen! seeing none of my mates would be coming to sydney with me, high you coming to brisbane?.

At $170 it's a bit hard to tell... I also don't have my exam timetable yet, so I might even have a uni exam on the same date which would suck. And then the other problem of whether they announce a second Sydney show comes into it.

So yeah... it all depends on a few things. I'm a bit bummed about the whole situation at the moment, missing the first presale and all. At this stage, I don't think i'll have anyone to go with (I don't know a single person that would consider paying $170 for GN'R, not even metallica1) so looks like i'll be hanging with whoever I can grab a beer with outside the venue on the day. :P

thats a true fan high :xmasssanta:, well if you wanna come to brissie, i'll get the flight for you, and if you can get gold floor tickets, you will have some cool people to hang with! if not i might see you in sydney!.

Hey guys, havent been on in a while..... fuckin sick the gunners are coming to sydney. Ive asked a few mates, not sure if there up for payin the big bucks for GNR - Slash, but fuck it, goin anyways.......

id defo be up for a meet up for the sydney concert, providing i get the tickets on thursday!!!. If you other guys are interested let me know, be cool to meet some of ya.

If i end up going on my own itd be cool to have a meet up.....

let me know either way, id still be keen to meet up with people from this forum i.e: a big gunners fans.

Highvoltage.... if your going let me know, meet up if you want .. i sure hope i get tix lol, but we could all meet up early. we all gotta get gold section, its gonna be an awesome concert

Edited by gunners_4_eva

Well, here's how i'm looking at things.

I want to be at the venue no later than 7AM - i'm doing anything I possibly can to be on the fence. For that reason, i'm wondering if people would be interested in meeting up either the night before, or after the show instead? Pre-show drinks are cooler, but i'm sure there are plenty of GA people who would rather line up early and get a good spot in the pit.

Please post if you're interested in coming, or if you have some suggestions that are better than mine (no doubt some people will).

Fingers crossed for a second show! rock3

Hey guys, that meet up sounds good.

So your all goin for the GA seats instead of Gold?

Does anyone have any idea how many have sold already, cause i gotta wait till thursday to get em.

If i come with a mate or two, not sure how keen theyd be to get there early, but i could still weasal my way up the front.

Anyways cant talk now, im at work, lol.

They better have 2 shows in Sydney !!!

Also does anyone have a clue what kind of merch there will be and how much ?

PM me your details those interested in meeting up..... before or after the concert (providing i can get tickets)

Edited by gunners_4_eva

I want to be at the venue no later than 7AM - i'm doing anything I possibly can to be on the fence. For that reason, i'm wondering if people would be interested in meeting up either the night before, or after the show instead? Pre-show drinks are cooler, but i'm sure there are plenty of GA people who would rather line up early and get a good spot in the pit.

Please post if you're interested in coming, or if you have some suggestions that are better than mine (no doubt some people will).

Dude you can get a good spot in the pit if you came in half way through the show!

Just have to be an ass ;)

Dude you can get a good spot in the pit if you came in half way through the show!

Just have to be an ass ;)

Good spot, but not the fence bro. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys...

What does everyone wanna do?...... meet up on the friday, go to the city for a bit or something..... or meet up after the show. i seriously recon the Friday would be better, as we dont know when the Guns will finish (if they actually show up!!!!!). Well it would be better if people drink before the show i guess, as we wouldnt want to pay $10 for a cup of beer......

Let me know, post your suggestions. Everyone ive shared the leak with gets sick of it early because of the lack of slash, so it would be good to share some common ground. It would also be good to meet some of you to talk Guns for a while without the topic wafting to something else.

Im stirred cos i cant find a decent guns shirt anywhere!!!!!, i have an appetite one, but fuck!!! Does anyone know of any good shops round sydney to buy this kind of stuff. I will buy some shit at the merch stand, but i wanna show my colours!!

High, i wouldnt line up as i have some shitty silver seats waiting, lol..... but i can meet up to have some drinks or something if you want......also anyone else from here interested in meeting up

Edited by gunners_4_eva

meetup for the win...

im up for anythin...i get back from the qld gig on the friday...not sure what time the flight gets back...but if u organise anythin im up for it so jus sort it out...

oh yer p.s i got fucked up on the tickets...my older bro got me silver fuckin seats for this show...so i really am up for anything...

Cool, hey how many of you guys are going to both shows?

Im tossing up wether or not but its on sunday so that fucked.

Mick, where abouts are you sitting? i might be near ya.

doubt it... <_< my bro fucked up big time...trust the cunt to get me tix...ah well...

im at door 82...row h...seat 679...

ah well i got gold ga for qld :D so thats all i gotta keep thinkin...

• 4 weeks later...

Ill be up for a meeting. What time are you guys getting there?, Im gonna go with 2 mates a bit earlier n drink n eat n shit, lol..... i just have silver seats so no need for me to que for a few hours.

Im up for anything, would be cool to go for a drink n chill with some of you guys...

How many are going to the 24th show?.... I might need to sell a ticket if anyone wants to go......(gold seats)Im gonna go coause i took the day off a while ago, lol, but cant find any suckers willing to go .... at the moment anyway

Anyways whoever is up for it, we should organise something pretty soon.. whether it be before, after, or on the friday night

How many are going to the 24th show?.... I might need to sell a ticket if anyone wants to go......(gold seats)Im gonna go coause i took the day off a while ago, lol, but cant find any suckers willing to go .... at the moment anyway

I might, but i'm short on cash at the moment, so i'll let you know. I was trying to find silver because I couldn't afford gold, but if it's all I can get then I might have to bite the bullet.

As for the meetup - I reckon either the night before, or we meet up after the gig. I'm too keen on being front row in the centre to not line up. If anyone has any suggestions on where we could go, that'd be cool.

I might, but i'm short on cash at the moment, so i'll let you know. I was trying to find silver because I couldn't afford gold, but if it's all I can get then I might have to bite the bullet.

As for the meetup - I reckon either the night before, or we meet up after the gig. I'm too keen on being front row in the centre to not line up. If anyone has any suggestions on where we could go, that'd be cool.

For the meetup, I recon probably the night before, cause not to sure what time bars stay open till around Homebush. A club in the city would most likely be the best, depending on where everyone is based, or have to travel from.

If anyone would wanna go to the city, i could recommend a few places like 3 Wise Monkeys or Pavillion.... depends on the music you wanna hear.... or maybe even retro....

Im yet to receive the tickets from the dude at ebay for the concert on the 24th.... he hasnt confirmed he received my payment in over a day, so im getting a little nervous, lol.....if i dont hear from him this week then ill start panicking.

Hey i will meet up with people lol!

I will be there (at acer arena) fairly earlyish maybe 12

I will have a GNR shirt on thatr is from the new tour (the one I got in oakland). Look at my avatar to recognise me! lol

Hey think about you....

Give me a call on 0403 965 846 if you are after a ticket. I may be able to sell you a sunday ticket face value. My girlfriend is having second thoughts, (given the cost)...

Just offering in case. I have gold GA. $155 (inc booking fee)