BRISBANE! the 19th update thread!

aussie_axl

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's been on the radio in brisbane this morning that the concert was shit last night, but i'd say tonight there will be more hardcore fans, because this is the one that sold out in the first day, i have a feeling it might be a younger crowd too, it's time for the crowd to show some respect, and how this band rocks! ....and for axl to show what he really can do!, but axl don't be late man, don't give anyone a reason to be wankers and fuck it up for everyone, i'll start drinking around 4pm can't fucking wait!.

I'm going to the Saturday show in Sydney and anticpating a late start but cityrail have some extra trains to take us back to either Central or Strathfield.

Not too sure what time I will start drinking.

it's been on the radio in brisbane this morning that the concert was shit last night, but i'd say tonight there will be more hardcore fans, because this is the one that sold out in the first day, i have a feeling it might be a younger crowd too, it's time for the crowd to show some respect, and how this band rocks! ....and for axl to show what he really can do!, but axl don't be late man, don't give anyone a reason to be wankers and fuck it up for everyone, i'll start drinking around 4pm can't fucking wait!.

I hope so for your sake - the Perth concert wasn't all that flash hey. Expect all ages and a fairly docile crowd.

It is a cowardly thing to do to throw shit at people on stage. Would you throw shit at people in the mall. No, cos they'd beat your ass and ask for applause.

Anyone knows that when you get surprised like that it can shock you. You mind automatically thinks: fight or flight?

It's not like the guy who threw the beer could just walk on stage and kick Axl in the balls.

Edited by Randy Lahey

it's what you make it bro

True - I've been a Gunners fan since day one and I'm nearly 30 now. I couldn't help but be disappointed as a genuine fan for so long at the Perth gig.

I sincerely hope that tonight goes off over there for your sake and everyone else.

Try and get the crowd a bit more revved up! :)

P.S. Sorry for coming across slightly negative - just trying to be realistic.... :)

We all agree that throwing things isn't cool.

But Axl needs to grow up. He let one idiot ruin the show for the thousands more who behaved well and wanted to see a good rock show. Insted they got a sulky Axl, who talked condisendingly to them, and didn't put on a performance (ie- just standing, not moving during songs.).

axl goes on at 12 midnight . As soon as people learn that , they will be less mad

The reason they don't advertise that is because most people won't go to the show if it's on a weeknight. People on here fail to realize that the majority of people going to these shows aren't die hard fans like us.

What bums me out is that Axl could make these concerts so much better.

He could go on stage on time, take out some solo's, and keep the energy going.

But hell, I'm glad they're touring, and I support them.

but going on like 11-12pm is on time for him, later than that, yeah I see your point, but Axl is not going to show up before 11 at all, people have to accept that.

^ Dude I seriously don't know how you're gonna manage that, by the time I was leaving the carpark this morning at BEC it was 2:15am!

But yeah last night was good, but the momentum of the show's start was completely ruined by that fuckwit that threw a cup full of water or beer, whichever it was at Axl.

I mean, he had JUST appeared out of the darkness to Robin's opening, teasing notes to Jungle and *bam* he cops a cup straight to the head.

No wonder he was fuckin' pissed off?! What frontman wouldn't be?!

GNR hit the stage at about 11:50pm, but I mean after reading this board for the last year I honestly would have waited another 10 minutes and it wouldn't have fazed me.

I honestly thought I was about to witness a trademark Axl gig-cancelllation right before my eyes.

Otherwise Tommy Stinson had a hard on for flipping the crowd the bird and all 3 guitarists put on great performances.

Hmmm, anything else?

Really smart thing to do, throw a beer at a guy who is known for A) Storming crowds B) Walking off C) Cancelling gigs. Id love to be able to waste $150, 8 hours of my time in an arena to see a band, then throw a cup of piss water at the guy I came to see.

I think it's pretty awesome that Axl kept playing the show. Not because it isn't the right thing to do -- it is -- but by now I'm just used to Axl looking for any old excuse to cancel a show.

Maybe things are turning around for Axl. Hope to Christ.

But yeah.... this is exactly the kinds of shit that people around here have predicted. People don't like waiting hours for a rock show any more than people would like to wait two hours for food they ordered at a dinner. And when people feel unsatisfied, they get pissed. Drunk rock fans especially. Drunk Axl fans even more so, since they've felt cheated and manipulated for fifteen years (and two hours).

But the point is -- Axl didn't cancel and there was no riot. As fans of Axl Rose, that's really all we can hope for anymore.

I started to like you HRS. But when you LIE you dropped some levels. They hit the stage LESS than 1 hour after bach. And lets say it normaly takes 15-20 minutes for the crew to prapare the stage we´re talking about 30 min. 30 fucking minutes and people whine like it was doomsday!

And WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG with you people!?

Fact: Guns were 30-40 min late.

Fucked up people claim Guns were 2 hours late

Fact: Axl didn´t cancel the show after he was hit.

Fucked up people act like he did.

Fact: Axl was affected emotionally when he got hit which is normal.

Fucked up people say that it isn´t normal.

Fucked up people also claim the he deserved it because he was 2 hours late. Which is once again based on a fucking lie.

I think it's pretty awesome that Axl kept playing the show. Not because it isn't the right thing to do -- it is -- but by now I'm just used to Axl looking for any old excuse to cancel a show.

Maybe things are turning around for Axl. Hope to Christ.

But yeah.... this is exactly the kinds of shit that people around here have predicted. People don't like waiting hours for a rock show any more than people would like to wait two hours for food they ordered at a dinner. And when people feel unsatisfied, they get pissed. Drunk rock fans especially. Drunk Axl fans even more so, since they've felt cheated and manipulated for fifteen years (and two hours).

But the point is -- Axl didn't cancel and there was no riot. As fans of Axl Rose, that's really all we can hope for anymore.

I started to like you HRS. But when you LIE you dropped some levels. They hit the stage LESS than 1 hour after bach. And lets say it normaly takes 15-20 minutes for the crew to prapare the stage we´re talking about 30 min. 30 fucking minutes and people whine like it was doomsday!

And WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG with you people!?

Fact: Guns were 30-40 min late.

Fucked up people claim Guns were 2 hours late

Fact: Axl didn´t cancel the show after he was hit.

Fucked up people act like he did.

Fact: Axl was affected emotionally when he got hit which is normal.

Fucked up people say that it isn´t normal.

Fucked up people also claim the he deserved it because he was 2 hours late. Which is once again based on a fucking lie.

well said mate i 100% agree with you

people dont blow it out of proportion,if some cheeky cunt threw a beer at me id be real pissed as well

have a good gig tonite guys and no stupid chanting

if you want to chant, chant GUNS N ROSES axl will get behind you that way

Ok I was very close to the guy that threw the plastic cup and it was filled with WATER! (Water was being handed out by security guards in the front for thirsty people). The cup didn't even hit him, some of the water splashed on him and that was it, cup wasn't even half full. Sure wasn't the most polite thing to do, but neither was keeping us waiting so long. Big Deal... Axl would probably piss on the crowd if he was allowed and yet he chucks a hissy fit over a few drops of water...

shame... what a shame...

half the people left before the concert even finished... my 2 mates and I did... boring.

Ok I was very close to the guy that threw the plastic cup and it was filled with WATER! (Water was being handed out by security guards in the front for thirsty people). The cup didn't even hit him, some of the water splashed on him and that was it, cup wasn't even half full. Sure wasn't the most polite thing to do, but neither was keeping us waiting so long. Big Deal... Axl would probably piss on the crowd if he was allowed and yet he chucks a hissy fit over a few drops of water...

shame... what a shame...

half the people left before the concert even finished... my 2 mates and I did... boring.

dude the crowd was chanting bullshit, maybe if you had chanted guns n roses they would have come on earlier and gave you a good night. never piss axl off and this is a prime example of why not to. otherwise you are just wasting your money.

shame... what a shame...

dude the crowd was chanting bullshit, maybe if you had chanted guns n roses they would have come on earlier and gave you a good night. never piss axl off and this is a prime example of why not to. otherwise you are just wasting your money.

He wasted it anyway- why the hell would you leave? :shocked: