BRISBANE! the 19th update thread!

aussie_axl

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ONCE AGAIN, Axl disrespected the fans by taking the stage at almost midnight... the fans disrespected him by throwing him some beer. Fair enough. 1-1. Draw.

Axl wants to play this game, it's his fault. If he had started the show earlier and had respected the fans, this would have never happened.

ONCE AGAIN, this little game continues... go on Axl, take the stage at midnight. Maybe one day one of your bandmember will leave (Robin? Tommy?)

ONCE AGAIN you post in this section when you're not supposed to.

ONCE AGAIN i'm going to give you a warning for it.

What are you talkin' about? This is the right topic.

ONCE AGAIN, Axl disrespected the fans by taking the stage at almost midnight... the fans disrespected him by throwing him some beer. Fair enough. 1-1. Draw.

Axl wants to play this game, it's his fault. If he had started the show earlier and had respected the fans, this would have never happened.

ONCE AGAIN, this little game continues... go on Axl, take the stage at midnight. Maybe one day one of your bandmember will leave (Robin? Tommy?)

Anybody going to a GNR show should know to expect a two hour delay by now. If you have a problem with it, don't go. Throwing shit at Axl is not cool.

You're such a baby. It's only rock N' roll.

By the way, I mentioned the beer throwing incident to my brother in law, who was a big fan back in the days. He was shockingly surprised Axl didn't cancel the show, but instead restarted WTTJ.

Way to go, Axl!!!!

Edited by Roy79

I think it's pretty awesome that Axl kept playing the show. Not because it isn't the right thing to do -- it is -- but by now I'm just used to Axl looking for any old excuse to cancel a show.

Maybe things are turning around for Axl. Hope to Christ.

But yeah.... this is exactly the kinds of shit that people around here have predicted. People don't like waiting hours for a rock show any more than people would like to wait two hours for food they ordered at a dinner. And when people feel unsatisfied, they get pissed. Drunk rock fans especially. Drunk Axl fans even more so, since they've felt cheated and manipulated for fifteen years (and two hours).

But the point is -- Axl didn't cancel and there was no riot. As fans of Axl Rose, that's really all we can hope for anymore.

What if the restaurant posted a sign on the door that stated that there would be a two hour wait for dinner? Would you have the right to get pissed and throw shit at the waiter? Everyone knows that Axl is not going to be on time. I don't like it anymore than you, but it's they way he wants it, so he gets it.

i think axl shud stop acting like a pussy and take it like a man...he came on late and pissed off a lot of fans, so he got a beer to the head, take it like a man axl stop being a whiney lil wussy bitch...no offence.

If it was a plastic cup, which I'm 99% sure of, you're absolutely right, Son. How many times us R&R fans get a beer thrown over us while standing in the crowd at a rock festival. He should laugh it off, or turn it into a good joke.

What kind of a Shithead would throw a beer at Axl?

Anybody going to a GNR show should know to expect a two hour delay by now. If you have a problem with it, don't go. Throwing shit at Axl is not cool.

Right On!

Axl should go on at 1:00 am.

Did Axl get Beer all over his cornrows? Tomorrow nights show will probably now be delayed or Axl will go on really late because he'll be spending tomorrow getting new cornrows put in. I'm glad he went on with the show though. Did you guys get a full set with Maddy and CD? After reading about the show, Axl really needs to lighten up. How many of us have had beers thrown on us at rock shows. It's a little annoying but it takes about a second to shrug it off. If any of us were getting paid what Axl is to take the stage whenever he feels like, we wouldn't be pouting for 2 hours after somebody threw a beer on us. Just because one person is a dick to you it doesn't mean you have the right to take out your anger on 18,000 other people.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Did Axl get Beer all over his cornrows? Tomorrow nights show will probably now be delayed or Axl will go on really late because he'll be spending tomorrow getting new cornrows put in. I'm glad he went on with the show though. Did you guys get a full set with Maddy and CD? After reading about the show, Axl really needs to lighten up. How many of us have had beers thrown on us at rock shows. It's a little annoying but it takes about a second to shrug it off. If any of us were getting paid what Axl is to take the stage whenever he feels like, we wouldn't be pouting for 2 hours after somebody threw a beer on us. Just because one person is a dick to you it doesn't mean you have the right to take out your anger on 18,000 other people.

Sure you get a little beer on you, but not when you're the center of attention in front of 18,000 people. It's bullshit. This will only make things worse.

If you think that comparision is fair u´re plain stupid.

BTW, how long did it take GUNS to hit the stage after the last band played? Anyway, that´s the time GUNS were late. Was it 2 hours as somebody claimed?

I hardly doubt it.. But yeah, maby..

I can't believe you guys condone Mr Rose's hissy fits. 1 Person in 18,000 is a fucking idiot and throws a beer at Axl... So that gives Axl the right to be a pouting little bitch to the rest of the audience? Axl's losing fans at these shows by going on so late and acting like a spoiled little brat. If you go to other bands boards people always say that they'll never go to another GnR show again because the singer chooses to go on so late. Axl should really count himself lucky that it was just a beer and not a piss jug.

Edited by Randy Lahey

1 Person in 18,000 is a fucking idiot and throws a beer at Axl... So that gives Axl the right to be a pouting little bitch to the rest of the audience?

What did he do to the other fans? Finish the show? For crying out loud stop telling axl what you think he should do and condeming him for what he doesnt do.

You guys are making WAY too much out of this. None of us was there. We are going on what random third parties have said through text messaging for crying out loud! The show went on as planned! SHUT THE FUCK UP AND DON'T BITCH AND WHINE ABOUT SOMETHING YOU WERE NOT THERE TO SEE!

if i was standing next to the asshole that threw the beer i sure as hell would gang up on him.... I hope this incident doesnt jeprodise tonights performance/ setlist... i want to hear CD and hopefully Rocketqueen

Besides people should be aware that the band doesnt hit the stage till after 11.

Edited by Vogstar90_G'N'R

I find it amusing that he got hit with a cup of beer. You disrespect people and they disrespect you right back. Why people condone Axl's shitty behaviour is beyond me. You guys have to realize that unlike all of us, most people going to these shows don't know that Axl takes the stage so late. If they informed people in advance that they go on between eleven pm and one am, a lot of people would stay home.

Edited by Randy Lahey

I find it amusing that he got hit with a cup of beer. You disrespect people and they disrespect you right back. Why people condone Axl's shitty behaviour is beyond me. You guys have to realize that unlike all of us, most people going to these shows don't know that Axl takes the stage so late. If they informed people in advance that they go on between eleven pm and one am, a lot of people would stay home.

well it does say late night rock n roll extravaganza on the tickets, so people should be prepared for a late night, they should read up on other concerts and say well Axl has been taking the stage around 11, I'm going to be prepared that the show won't finish til around 1-2am in the morning.

And Axl should of kicked that guy out who threw the beer, like how disrespectful, and you know how long braids take to do, Axl is probably getting them redone today and the concert tonight might be delayed because of the stupid idiot .

Edited by Axl-rocks

People in Australia are well informed of Axl's late starting times. Ticketek made it very clear to everyone that the concert was far later than a usual one and they've put special travel arrangements in to compensate for it. It's well publicised. The tickets even have "Late Night Rock N' Roll Extravaganza" written on them.

Axl started less than an hour after Baz. It wasn't that bad. Definately not deserving of a beer to the head.

People in Australia are well informed of Axl's late starting times. Ticketek made it very clear to everyone that the concert was far later than a usual one and they've put special travel arrangements in to compensate for it. It's well publicised. The tickets even have "Late Night Rock N' Roll Extravaganza" written on them.

Axl started less than an hour after Baz. It wasn't that bad. Definately not deserving of a beer to the head.

Fair enough, I didn't realize people were warned. Were they warned when they bought the tickets in the first place though? I still think it should be printed on the ticket that the band takes the stage between 11pm and 1am or the show finishes between 1am and 3am.

Edited by Randy Lahey

I think Axl is going on late because he still struggles with his confidence. It's too bad this shit has to happen. I just wish the shows included a bit more progression and information on what fans should expect next. Axl and Co. had a grand opportunity to prime their future markets with a little suspense and intrigue.

It is a cowardly thing to do to throw shit at people on stage. Would you throw shit at people in the mall. No, cos they'd beat your ass and ask for applause.

Anyone knows that when you get surprised like that it can shock you. You mind automatically thinks: fight or flight?

it's been on the radio in brisbane this morning that the concert was shit last night, but i'd say tonight there will be more hardcore fans, because this is the one that sold out in the first day, i have a feeling it might be a younger crowd too, it's time for the crowd to show some respect, and how this band rocks! ....and for axl to show what he really can do!, but axl don't be late man, don't give anyone a reason to be wankers and fuck it up for everyone, i'll start drinking around 4pm can't fucking wait!.

it's been on the radio in brisbane this morning that the concert was shit last night, but i'd say tonight there will be more hardcore fans, because this is the one that sold out in the first day, i have a feeling it might be a younger crowd too, it's time for the crowd to show some respect, and how this band rocks! ....and for axl to show what he really can do!, but axl don't be late man, don't give anyone a reason to be wankers and fuck it up for everyone, i'll start drinking around 4pm can't fucking wait!.

BRISBANE 4 LIFE!

drinking at 4, jeeze thats late aussie axl... i thought you were australian.

Tonights performance will be one to remember in a good way.