Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Dr. Pepper Issues Challenge To Axl ...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1023 replies to this topic

madison

madison

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,051 posts
  • 15-January 02
This story appeared on aol's blog tonight.
Apparently, a major soft drink company, Dr. Pepper, is issuing a challenge to Axl: If he puts out his album this year, it will give a free can of Dr. Pepper to everyone in America!

Interesting challenge.
Just shows the world hasn't forgotten...

Here's the article:

Dr. Pepper to Give Away Free Product If Axl Rose Releases 'Chinese Democracy'
Posted Mar 25th 2008 9:50PM by Kim Davis
Filed under: News, Holy Hell

Dr. Pepper is imploring Axl Rose to put out his album that's been an astounding 17 years in the making. The creators of the curiously candy-like beverage have promised that if Rose releases Guns N' Roses' 'Chinese Democracy' at any point in 2008, everyone in America will receive a free can of Dr. Pepper.

But free soda aside, the best part about the proposal might just be the way the company is not only relating to, but sympathizing with, the 46-year-old singer. "It took a little patience to perfect Dr Pepper's special mix of 23 ingredients that our fans have come to know and love," said Jaxie Alt, director of marketing for Dr. Pepper -- not even blinking at her nod to the band's 1989 hit 'Patience.' "So we completely understand and empathize with Axl's quest for perfection -- for something more than the average album." What's more? The "everyone" in their promise comes with a big, wickedly funny asterisk: According to the Dr., both Slash and Buckethead will be left off the gift list. Bet they didn't see that coming.

Feel like supporting the cause? Head here to get involved.

http://www.spinner.c...releases-chine/

Posted Image

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." ... Hunter S. Thompson. RIP.

Forsaken

Forsaken

Annuit Cúptis

• Admins
  • 14,332 posts
  • 19-February 05
LMAO..... come on Axl, release the SOB!!!

wq0Xdzw.gif

....with eyes so dilated i've become your pupil 

ThinkAboutYou

ThinkAboutYou

BADASS MOFO

• SILVER
  • 12,273 posts
  • 20-July 02

This story appeared on aol's blog tonight.
Apparently, a major soft drink company, Dr. Pepper, is issuing a challenge to Axl: If he puts out his album this year, it will give a free can of Dr. Pepper to everyone in America!

Interesting challenge.
Just shows the world hasn't forgotten...

Here's the article:

Dr. Pepper to Give Away Free Product If Axl Rose Releases 'Chinese Democracy'
Posted Mar 25th 2008 9:50PM by Kim Davis
Filed under: News, Holy Hell

Dr. Pepper is imploring Axl Rose to put out his album that's been an astounding 17 years in the making. The creators of the curiously candy-like beverage have promised that if Rose releases Guns N' Roses' 'Chinese Democracy' at any point in 2008, everyone in America will receive a free can of Dr. Pepper.

But free soda aside, the best part about the proposal might just be the way the company is not only relating to, but sympathizing with, the 46-year-old singer. "It took a little patience to perfect Dr Pepper's special mix of 23 ingredients that our fans have come to know and love," said Jaxie Alt, director of marketing for Dr. Pepper -- not even blinking at her nod to the band's 1989 hit 'Patience.' "So we completely understand and empathize with Axl's quest for perfection -- for something more than the average album." What's more? The "everyone" in their promise comes with a big, wickedly funny asterisk: According to the Dr., both Slash and Buckethead will be left off the gift list. Bet they didn't see that coming.

Feel like supporting the cause? Head here to get involved.

http://www.spinner.c...releases-chine/

The company probably only thinks it has like a 5% chance of happening

I think Axl should take up the challenge

appetite4illusions

appetite4illusions

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,769 posts
  • 01-April 07
Bizzare...
<i>"He did a good thing here." - Chuck Klosterman</i>

P.A. Guns

P.A. Guns

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,504 posts
  • 09-February 07
Ew I hate Dr. Pepper. But never the less, starts now.

arnold layne

arnold layne

hooray for tolerance!.

• SILVER
  • 13,940 posts
  • 17-November 06
I would never expect a soda company to be so interested in this album.

Edited by Rock_N'_Roll, 25 March 2008 - 09:19 PM.

I don't like games and fun

I don't like anyone

hitmanhart408

hitmanhart408

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • 14-January 07
thats awesome. you know axl is gonna hear about this.

madison

madison

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 21,051 posts
  • 15-January 02

... I think Axl should take up the challenge

Agreed.
If he does, it looks like Axl might have a sponsor if he wants to tour.

Posted Image

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." ... Hunter S. Thompson. RIP.

highvoltage

highvoltage

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞

• SILVER
  • 19,928 posts
  • 01-September 04
That would be incredible promotion for the album. If he actually managed to get it out and they did the whole Dr Pepper for everyone thing, EVERYONE would know about it.

i ninja edit 99% of my posts.

Mansin Humanity

Mansin Humanity

Genius Manager

• SILVER
  • 1,902 posts
  • 03-October 06
I want Dr. Pepper! :lol:

kiD3Y1J.png

madison

madison

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 21,051 posts
  • 15-January 02
There's an interesting blog link attached to the promotion too with references to "Better" and other GNR music.

http://www.chinesede...n.blogspot.com/

Posted Image

AbominableHoman

AbominableHoman

I'm here for the Gang Bang

• Members
  • 11,520 posts
  • 21-July 04
I wonder if this is some sort of joint-advertising. Regardless, this is pretty off, and very interesting.

opinion-1.jpg

FunkyMonk

FunkyMonk

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 9,379 posts
  • 18-November 05
I don't think they will have wagered on him actually doing it, so it would be both hilarious and freakin' awesome if he does do it :lol:. The CEO of Dr. Pepper is probably a huge GN'R fan :lol:.

I don't even think you can still buy Dr. Pepper here, it was pretty much a failure.

Toph1962

Toph1962

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • 06-March 06
Is it crazy to think that this might be the start of the promotion of the album?????

appetite4illusions

appetite4illusions

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,769 posts
  • 01-April 07

I wonder if this is some sort of joint-advertising. Regardless, this is pretty off, and very interesting.

I don't see why Dr. Pepper would do this unless they were tied in with Axl somehow. This is highly unorthodox, but very interesting.
<i>"He did a good thing here." - Chuck Klosterman</i>