Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Guns N' Roses just put out a Press Release

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

Kaneda

Kaneda

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • 14-October 03
I'm glad to see the Axl and Co are in good spirits a day before the release...WOOHOOO!

http://www.marketwat.....FD81E8D483F7}

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Nov 22, 2008 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Chinese Democracy has finally arrived. One of the most highly anticipated albums in rock history, Chinese Democracy will be in stores this Sunday, November 23rd. Guns N' Roses is ready to rock once again.

Chinese Democracy (Black Frog/Geffen Records) will be available on CD and vinyl (accompanied by a free digital download of the tracks) at Best Buy and Best Buy.com in the U.S., and digitally through iTunes.

For those who heard about Dr Pepper's offer to give each and every American a free can of soda if Chinese Democracy is released in 2008, Guns N' Roses wants to make sure every Guns N' Roses fan, and every other American, gets what was promised. The band is not involved in this promotion, but understood that every American (with a couple of exceptions) would get a free can of Dr Pepper. Apparently, only those who go to the soda company's Web site on Sunday, November 23 and sign up for a free 20 ounce soda coupon will get the free can. Guns N' Roses encourages all those interested to sign up for their coupon on Sunday, collect their drink and celebrate the release of Chinese Democracy!

Randy Lahey

Randy Lahey

FRONTMAN

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,646 posts
  • 29-June 06
Kaneda, do you think that you will win some sort of marketing award for this?
Posted Image
Welcome To The Jungle of Smooth Flamenco Beatz
Dre Day will make Axl's payday.

oneway23

oneway23

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts
  • 04-April 05
I'll be printing the coupon and keeping it, saving Dr. Pepper a few cents, but good to see the PR.

Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath

MYGNR Town Sheriff

• MOD SQUAD
  • 29,916 posts
  • 10-July 07
Sweet. Will the code have any special Guns N' Roses logo or anything on it? And if we use the coupon, do we get to keep it?

"You're only given a little spark of madness. And if you lose that, you're nothin'." - Robin Williams

Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,742 posts
  • 24-July 03
Dr. Pepper is probably wishing they didn't do this now that the economy is in the tank.

Yesturdays24

Yesturdays24

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • 31-October 04
wow thats a press release. its looks to be a copy and pasted statement said before with a sentence or two added in.
"Fear is where there is no love. Love is where there is no fear."

-Axl Rose

Graeme

Graeme

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,861 posts
  • 22-August 05
How're you gonna prevent Slash and Bucket claiming theirs?

6tpc.gif

BatVin

BatVin

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • 21-April 08
:cry: :huh: I won't get any Dr Pepper...what I would do for it.

Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath

MYGNR Town Sheriff

• MOD SQUAD
  • 29,916 posts
  • 10-July 07

How're you gonna prevent Slash and Bucket claiming theirs?

I was thinking the same thing. I was also wondering...didn't Axl say he would "share his Dr. Pepper" with Buckethead when the album came out?

"You're only given a little spark of madness. And if you lose that, you're nothin'." - Robin Williams

Powerage5

Powerage5

2013 Death Pool Champ

• MOD SQUAD
  • 15,831 posts
  • 17-February 06
The real question is...will Robin be excluded now too?

13978513873_30aa82e9a0_z.jpg

Hamilton '10 | Wilkes-Barre '11 | Hamilton '11 | New York '12 x2 | Buffalo '13 | Brooklyn '13 | New York '13 | Bethlehem '14 | Las Vegas '14 x3
MyGNR's official Iron Maiden fanatic! US x20 | Canada x7 | Sweden x4 | Norway x2 | Wales | N. Ireland | England x5 | Russia x2 | Finland | Romania | Turkey | Croatia | Poland | Luxembourg | France

Kaneda

Kaneda

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • 14-October 03
I could care less about marketing awards. One visit to a marketing awards show and you guys would care less too :) I don't think there's going to be any GNR logo on the coupon and I don't think you can keep the coupon after using it (because you could use it again and again). It's just really cool to see the band appreciate the mainstream publicity this promotion has provided. Tomorrow is going to be a glorious day indeed. Make sure you guys get your free one.

Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath

MYGNR Town Sheriff

• MOD SQUAD
  • 29,916 posts
  • 10-July 07
How will every member of my family get a coupon? Wouldn't the site prevent the IP address or something from trying to get another one?

Kaneda

Kaneda

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • 14-October 03
no it's just one per person, not one per address...you just need to register for all of them :)

Chuck

Chuck

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts
  • 29-December 02
I wouldn't be surprised if the site goes down tomorrow.

Chuck
No data entered

Funeral

Funeral

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • 17-February 06
Am gonna drink Dr.Paper all day tomorrow while listening to Chinese Democracy...

YAY baby!
Posted Image