Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Think before you post a new thread, please.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

highvoltage

highvoltage

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞

• SILVER
  • 19,925 posts
  • 01-September 04
Hi guys.

So everybody knows - the forum's had it's highest bout of sustained traffic ever, post CD release. This is great!

Obviously the side effect is more threads than usual. If you could make all the moderator's jobs easier by asking yourself the following few questions before posting a thread, that would be marvellous.

1. Does this REALLY need a thread?
First and most obvious question. You might have come up with that great thread idea and in your overly-excited rush to log in and post it, you forgot to stop and think about whether other people would actually want to spend time reading and discussing it. If you think the thread would be boring for other people, then you're best off just keeping it to yourself.

2. Am I being self-indulgent?
These are a pet hate. You don't need a separate thread for your own personal album review. You don't need a separate thread to have a spray at Axl for not having the Xylophone correctly tuned at 3.53 in Catcher In The Rye. Consider whether your post could just be made as a response to another thread, rather that start one of your own just because you think your post deserves special attention.

3. Has this been posted before?
Search. That is all.

4. Will somebody have to move/merge/delete this later?
If the answer is yes, then do us a favour and don't post it. I'd rather be posting in threads with you guys then arguing in PM's with people about why I removed theirs.

5. Where did my thread go?
If your thread goes missing, it's either been deleted for one of the above reasons - or it's been merged with a similar topic. Make sure you check to see if your thread has been merged with another one before getting cranky about it.

So truly - unless the thread is worth making, spare us and don't make it at all. Otherwise, rock on with it and keep the discussions flowing. :)

i ninja edit 99% of my posts.

Kasanova King

Kasanova King

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 13,200 posts
  • 02-December 04
This should probably get pinned.

KASANOVA KING

Becket

Becket

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,481 posts
  • 05-September 07
Yes this should get pinned.

Good advice HV.

Posted Image

axlskAmpf

axlskAmpf

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • 23-January 06
Dammit. I was just about to start my "WE LOVE YOU AXL" Thread, then I saw this.

Posted Image

I've Always Been The Caretaker

Yesturdays24

Yesturdays24

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • 31-October 04
Start it anyway lol, If you don't someone else will in like 10 mins.
"Fear is where there is no love. Love is where there is no fear."

-Axl Rose

axlskAmpf

axlskAmpf

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • 23-January 06
:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Posted Image

I've Always Been The Caretaker

GN'R Fan

GN'R Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • 29-March 05
Good point highvoltage, it's thread overload on here at present!

Guest_RonMexico82_*

Guest_RonMexico82_*
  • Guests
  • --
This is a serious issue. Oh yeah I found Axl too -

A.J.

A.J.

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • 25-February 06
Yes, please make this a sticky thread. Oh, and let please let us officially flame all those n00bs who still would start threads such as "Does Scraped have a skip?", "I have bought my copy of CD!", "Where's Brian's solo?", "PLEASE READ THIS!!!", "Robin is back" (and in the first posting: "back in 2000, he also came back ...") and of course "Do you think GN'R will perform at the Ohio Music Awards?"
GN'R fan

Montrealer

Montrealer

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 5,022 posts
  • 18-March 05
HV, I pinned your post.
Hopefully people will see it more this way!

Posted Image

DLWTHE1ST

DLWTHE1ST

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 18-May 05
Axl needs to pocket the name "GNR" and call the new band W.A.R.P.E.D. :

William
Axl
Rose
Project
Exploited
Destruction

The new CD takes several plays before I can even digest the new concept... The CD is definately different, it ain't Rock n Roll no more.. What happened to good rock n roll? This CD won't change the world like the GNR of 1986!

fantomas

fantomas

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • 17-April 05
For the love of god people, PLEASE read this.

Phoenix AZ 12-27-2011

Albuquerque,  NM 12-21-2002,  Phoenix, AZ 12-22-2002San Diego, CA 12-27-2002   Vegas, NV 12-28-2002Sacramento, CA  12-27-200San Jose , CA 12-31-2002Inglewood, CA 1-3-2003Anaheim, CA  1-4-2003

Allen8R

Allen8R

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,076 posts
  • 31-January 05
Would it not be the ironic post of the year if another mod posted another thread with the same topic?

Posted Image

"Thanks, but I'm not God. If I was God, 3/4 of you would be girls, and the rest would be pizza and beer". -W. Axl Rose

31illusions

31illusions

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts
  • 10-September 07
Honestly, this forum has been here how long? And the mods just now thought of posting this?
I saw it coming along time ago. Hope people read it.

d_zps117357a7.jpg

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*
  • Guests
  • --
Nice.