Secret Show in São Paulo, SP, Brazil

kyrie

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm jealous. I get a little annoyed with Axl & Co sometimes for not touring the US, but it's obvious the fans in South America so much more passionate, energetic, and loyal. They deserve the treatment,.

In their defense, the band toured the U.S. in 02 and 06, South America didn't get shows then... give it time.

I'm pissed, it seems they have managed to reunite a lot of folks that bashed GNR a lot on the media - ie.:

Marcos Mion - MTV Brazil: Used to bash every single GNR video and Axl because Slash left the band and MTV Brazil always sucked Kurt's balls even after death. They ignored Axl used to like Nirvana, so go figure. It seems Mion owns the private gig venue. Cool, huh?!

Pitty - singer wannabe: Publicly criticized Axl for using an oxygen tent. She saw him during Rock in Rio Lisboa and had no clue Axl and many other rock singers used an oxygen tent back in late 80s/early 90s (Bruce, anyone?). Her reaction was that if Axl lost his magic because he used an oxygen tent, like if he was cheating.

Just two morons that were invited. I am sure I can extend this list without much research. Btw, Mion is 2nd (left to right) on the pic below:

ff7w.jpg

- The first guy on the pic above. It is interesting that he is using a Globo TV microphone on the venue. There's a chance the band will get some promotion on a TV show. I'm just guessing, yes.

You know

it's not a bad idea, really, to win over the critics, if the band wants some good publicity...

I'm not criticizing the band, in fact I would love if Axl ack'ed that during the gig saying something like 'I know many of you guys used to bash me, but it seems you're kinda digging the show, aren't you?'. I am pissed off by the fact that the bashers are now all over twitter happily writing that they're in a GNR private gig. Axl should use that as a fuel to ignore any critics and just move on with whatever he wants to do, seriously.

Didn't Fernando post on HTGTH that these reports of upcoming secret shows in South America were false?

Why the hell would he(New GNR camp) go out of his way to say that if he was lying?

Edited by BMo13

Didn't Fernando post on HTGTH that these reports of upcoming secret shows in South America were false?

Why the hell would he(New GNR camp) go out of his way to say that if he was lying?

he was not lying, he said there would not be three secret shows

here is a quote from him at another thread about this here:

Let's clear this up. There will not be three shows in South America. Not sure why Jamison is commenting on something he shouldn't be.

Edited by gunsguy

Marcos, the owner of the club just tweeted that Axl is still not in the house. The whole band is already there!

actually Pitty spoke ill of Axl .. and now there all happy ta

"Axel Rose in the hospital... No voice, no energy, no concert" =o

translation from one of the douchebags at the show tweets:

And Axel Rose is still the same sob ... Ended up in hospital and it seems that not going to show tomorrow.

Interesting. I'm curious to hear how ending up in the hospital makes one a SOB (I'm assuming they're using shorthand for son of a bitch).

Ali