Guns N' Roses in Poland? ALMOST CONFIRMED!

slash_plocman

There are strong rumours that Guns N' Roses will be playing in Rybnik, Poland in 2012 (June probobly).

http://www.nowiny.pl/79422-guns-n-roses-w-rybniku.html

http://rybnik.naszemiasto.pl/artykul/1176615,guns-n-roses-w-rybniku-tego-chca-mieszkancy,id,t.html

http://www.dziennikzachodni.pl/wiadomosci/476388,po-adamsie-w-rybniku-chca-legendarnego-guns-n-roses-zobacz,id,t.html

So we just got info from the town council and here's what we got to know:

- the show is almost settled

- the band wants to play in Poland

- Rybnik is a good location (near Czech, Germany, Austria, Slovakia)

- payment for the band is accepted by the management ('not a small amount')

- tickets will cost about 300-400zł (90-100$ or 60-90 euro)

- Poland will be hosting the European Football Championships in 2012 so they are countig for a lot of foreigners

- we need to be patient, some info must be given in December because of marketing and organizational reasons (they want ticket to be a christmas gift)

- there were 3 options: Sting, Clapton and GNR. Sting is playing 2 shows in Warsaw so he's out. People've chosen Guns N' Roses. Some journalist asked the mayor of Rybnik if it's going to be more bluesy or rocking. He answered 'definately rockin'. + on his facebook page we can clearly see he's a Guns fan (recently he posted lots of Guns music)

It's just a rumour, more info in a few days I hope.

Edited by slash_plocman

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news for you European fans. Enjoy!

I'm sure some folks will be troubled by hearing that the "Greatest Hits" Tour will roll on to Europe in 2012. IMHO though "inactivity" is the greatest enemy this band (all versions) has always had. Glad to know they're filling up the calendar and hopefully 12-14 tracks can get polished up during some of the occasional "off" months to merit another album release some point in the next year or two...

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

They'll most likely play more Chinese Democracy songs for these shows. As long as it's not North America! :(

Well it's not like they're not playing a solid amount right now. What 6-7 CD songs on average for this leg? Would be nice if they just alternated it a little but they shouldn't be playing more than half the album.

They'll most likely play more Chinese Democracy songs for these shows. As long as it's not North America! :(

Well it's not like they're not playing a solid amount right now. What 6-7 CD songs on average for this leg? Would be nice if they just alternated it a little but they shouldn't be playing more than half the album.

It just got me excited when they played 13 Chinese Democracy songs in Tokyo. I was looking forward to something similar in the US. Shows were still amazing though

It just got me excited when they played 13 Chinese Democracy songs in Tokyo. I was looking forward to something similar in the US. Shows were still amazing though

Oh absolutely. I'd go apeshit with joy but I just don't think it is realistic at this point.