New Axl Interview

The Real McCoy

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/music/la-et-12-20-axl-rose-interview-20111221,0,691973.story

"Then he said curtly of the induction performance: "There is no plan yet. There really is no plan. We're still busy with this lineup. We're gonna be busy — we're gonna be busy all next year. We'll be putting out new stuff as soon as we can figure out what our deal is with labels, blah blah blah."

:shocked:

Edited by The Real McCoy

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read this and was about to post it...great interview. I wonder how the guy scored this interview with Axl? I don't really get a good vibe from him on performing at the HOF, though, or even being there. It was interesting how he said, "I don't want to ruin it for everybody else - or take the beating" and then goes onto talk about how busy the band is within the next year. I almost get the impression that he just wants to be neutral and thinks only bad things can come from the band performing together again (reunion rumors, pressure from fans/record label, etc.). I hope I'm wrong, but that's how I interpreted it.

I just read this and was about to post it...great interview. I wonder how the guy scored this interview with Axl? I don't really get a good vibe from him on performing at the HOF, though, or even being there. It was interesting how he said, "I don't want to ruin it for everybody else - or take the beating" and then goes onto talk about how busy the band is within the next year. I almost get the impression that he just wants to be neutral and thinks only bad things can come from the band performing together again (reunion rumors, pressure from fans/record label, etc.). I hope I'm wrong, but that's how I interpreted it.

That's what I think too. I think he's learned to avoid conflict. I think he will send DJ in his place to accept the award.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/music/la-et-12-20-axl-rose-interview-20111221,0,691973.story

"Then he said curtly of the induction performance: "There is no plan yet. There really is no plan. We're still busy with this lineup. We're gonna be busy — we're gonna be busy all next year. We'll be putting out new stuff as soon as we can figure out what our deal is with labels, blah blah blah."

:shocked:

Thanks man, good read.

That's what I think too. I think he's learned to avoid conflict. I think he will send DJ in his place to accept the award.

What's incredibly ironic is that Axl will cause more controversy and attention than anything/anyone else if he decides not to show up. It's probably the worst possible thing he could do in the eyes of the fans/media. I know Axl doesn't care anymore about PR hits and stuff like that, but he'd have to be nuts not to realize this.

- Peter Katsi is out.

- Beta is the new manager.

- Axl doesn't know if he will attend ROF.

- New stuff as soon as possible.

- Lots of stuff in 2012.

That's it, right ?

Whatever the band is doing now is working. Axl seems to be pretty happy these days, wants to get new music out, and the band is firing on all cylinders.

They're gonna be more than fine with Beta calling the shots - the wheels are in motion.

- Peter Katsi is out.

- Beta is the new manager.

- Axl doesn't know if he will attend ROF.

- New stuff as soon as possible.

- Lots of stuff in 2012.

That's it, right ?

Whatever the band is doing now is working. Axl seems to be pretty happy these days, wants to get new music out, and the band is firing on all cylinders.

They're gonna be more than fine with Beta calling the shots - the wheels are in motion.

Somehow she set the wheels in motion.

As to whether he feels that he bears any responsibility for the state of limbo he's in, Rose says: "You can say it's my fault, but to me it's like if you're on a plane and somebody trips you and the air marshal arrests you for falling — like it's my fault for allowing somebody to trip me?"

Interesting...interesting..

Wow, some interesting stuff there. Agree with the person who said there weren't enough quotes, would be nice if the article was longer but then again we are fanatics. It was my impression that Peter had just started managing, and he's already out! I find the way Axl goes through managers so frequently to be very strange and rather suspect, but I guess I can see that a lot of them would be interested in making money off a reunion. Surely there must be somebody out there that believes in the current band.

The label spent over $13 million dollars on CD and got one record ... surely they want to recoup some more of that money back with a new album. I don't understand what these label issues could possibly be about.

The band has been firing on all cylinders since the U.S. tour began, so kudos to Beta and family for getting the job done. It certainly sounds like he's ready to either release and/or record some new songs.

My advice: just do the RRHOF, appear on stage with the other guys and be cordial. Make it clear (either there or in an interview beforehand) that it's a one-off. If you can stand it, perform a couple of songs with the guys. If you can't, just accept the award. I like the way he describes this situation (though not in a direct quote) as special yet complicated. Totally on the mark. It really is.