Guns n Roses Dublin 02 17th may 2012

smelltheglove

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just announced on the official promotors website seems they have smoothed over the trouble form the last gig will be interesting to see hw it sells! http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=3384487&ar=gunsnroses

Its also just been mentioned on the Radio Nova facebook and radio channell in dublin looks like a euro tour is on the cards

Guest RonMexico82

I'll be surprised if this even goes ahead. Irish social media sites are overwhelmingly negative towards this announcement. Fans who were at the last gig are urging people to avoid it and rightly so. Anger directed at both Axl and the ptomoter and rightly so.

Excellent!! Hard to see the ticket sales going too well with all the negative publicity from the last show though? It really was national news and the largest social forum in Ireland was moaning about it for months with people taking legal action against the promoters for refunds.

Saying that though, I don't care if it's only half full and the REAL fans are there.

Guest Len B'stard

Oh please drop that real fans bullshit.

Cuz you lot fuckin bottled em :lol: I fuckin love the paddys, if everyone was like you lot there'd be less pissing about! Less pretensions about it, in every other instance it's always like, a few people actually dissenting and the majority just whining and dick-riding but with you it's like the majority that are like 'fuck that!'. Rated. Every proper rock n roller that ever came through Dublin and Belfast from the 70s onwards said you lot are the fuckin bollocks!

Edited by sugaraylen

Why? I'd rather a show full of real fans who know the band members and the latest album songs than some drunks who came in to hear the greatest hits.

I'm Irish by the way and I was the last O2 gig and will be at the next one.

Why? I'd rather a show full of real fans who know the band members and the latest album songs than some drunks who came in to hear the greatest hits.

Glad to hear it Neu York!

If,per chance you see someone with a bottle that they are trying to turn into a projectile,you know what to do. :)

Guest RonMexico82

So was I and plenty of real fans got burned by Axl and MCD that night/ No thanks.

If,per chance you see someone with a bottle that they are trying to turn into a projectile,you know what to do. :)

Damn right I do!

So was I and plenty of real fans got burned by Axl and MCD that night/ No thanks.

So you were a real fan once but you're not any more. That's fine. It's your choice. I've no problem with that. So, you'll be sitting at home on the night of the gig typing on this forum and secretly hoping it goes pear shaped?

Either way, how's about not letting this thread turn negative and lets focus on the positive fact that GNR are coming rockin!!!

Edited by NEU-YORK

Damn right I do!

Fucking' A! Give em' Hell!

The Journalists have already started,didn't waste any time

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0127/breaking17.html

GUNS N' ROSES ANNOUNCE DUBLIN SHOW - UK DATES COMING SOON?

Tweet

Friday, 27 January 2012 Written by Elliott Batte

Legendary hard rockers Guns N Roses have announced a show in Dublin for this May –meaning they could be ready to announce a string of UK, Irish or European dates too.

The band, fronted by Axl Rose, will play in Dublin’s O2 Arena on May 17th – the first time they’ve played that venue since they had an absolute disaster of a performance in September 2010 – with Rose turning up 40 minutes late, only to walk off stage after a handful of songs because bottles were being thrown at him. You can see a video of this below.

The band is reportedly working on the follow-up to 2008’s ‘Chinese Democracy’, with new guitarist saying in April last year that they were working on new songs ‘every day’.

He continued to reveal: “Axl has a lot of great songs up his sleeve. He probably has three albums worth of stuff recorded. The stuff I've heard… I've been up in his hotel room many nights and he just sits down at the piano and plays. I'm like 'this is amazing, people have to hear this song' and he's like "ah, this is something I'm tinkering on'.”

Meanwhile, it was recently announced that the group would be inducted into the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame – sparking huge rumours that the original line-up of the band might reunite for the ceremony on April 14th. Rose himself was quoted as saying:

“I'd like to thank the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame and our fans. This is your victory. I don't know what it means in terms of me with the old band and the old line-up. If we were to be invited, I don't know what they would ask of me. It's up in the air. I have no idea how that's supposed to go. If Axl, [bassist] Duff, [guitarist] Izzy and myself start communicating, it could go one way. It we don't, God knows.”

The Dublin show could easily lead to more shows across the UK and Ireland, and possibly shows elsewhere in Europe too. If you want to stay up-to-date with Guns N’ Roses and their tour plans, stay with Stereoboard.

Guns N' Roses 2012 Irish Live Dates are as follows:

May 17th - Dublin, The O2

Guns N' Roses Tickets are onsale from 9am on Friday 3rd February. Click Here to Compare & Buy Guns N Roses Tickets

Follow @stereoboard 10.9K followers

Guest Len B'stard
If,per chance you see someone with a bottle that they are trying to turn into a projectile,you know what to do

Well i bet all the lads in Dublin are just pooing themselves now :lol:

“I'd like to thank the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame and our fans. This is your victory. I don't know what it means in terms of me with the old band and the old line-up. If we were to be invited, I don't know what they would ask of me. It's up in the air. I have no idea how that's supposed to go. If Axl, [bassist] Duff, [guitarist] Izzy and myself start communicating, it could go one way. It we don't, God knows.”

Either Axl's started talking about himself in the third person or they've added a quote from Slash onto the end of that! Sloppy!