Greenday to induct GNR

VillageGorillaHead

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-green-day-to-induct-guns-n-roses-into-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-20120403

There's now one less mystery surrounding Guns N' Roses' entrance into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: Green Day will deliver their induction speech. While Slash, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler and Matt Sorum have all indicated they'll be present at the April 14th ceremony in Cleveland, members Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin and Dizzy Reed have yet to publicly confirm their attendance. If Rose doesn't show, it's unlikely that the group will perform – and it's unclear whether or not Green Day will play in their place.

Edited by VillageGorillaHead

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But April Fool's was two days ago???!!!

Seriously though, I hate Green Day. Christ, I hated people banging on about them 10 years ago when I was in school.

Liam Gallagher inducting GN'R would have been pretty awesome, and I'm not even that big an Oasis fan.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-green-day-to-induct-guns-n-roses-into-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-20120403

There's now one less mystery surrounding Guns N' Roses' entrance into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: Green Day will deliver their induction speech. While Slash, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler and Matt Sorum have all indicated they'll be present at the April 14th ceremony in Cleveland, members Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin and Dizzy Reed have yet to publicly confirm their attendance. If Rose doesn't show, it's unlikely that the group will perform – and it's unclear whether or not Green Day will play in their place.

Somebody pay for Liam's ticket and get his ass on a plane. Or maybe he'd "rather walk." :rofl-lol:

Friend of mine was into Green Day during their indie days, so we picked up Dookie before it went through the roof. Been a big fan of theirs ever since, this is certainly a bit surprising news but it could have been much, much worse.

Never liked Oasis very much (Green Day is a better band, IMO, and this is coming from a huge Beatles fan) but I acknowledge they would have been a decent choice as well.

Whoever said Nickelback was better than Green Day however, needs to have their ears amputated.

Edited by axlsalinger