FORUM RULES updated December 2014:
- Be considerate of other members and their viewpoints when posting. The board is for everyone. No area of the forum (PMs, posts, profile comments, etc) may be used as a tool to abuse, harass or insult other members.
- Racist, sexist, and homophobic language, posts, or images are not permitted in any section of the forum.
- Adult content will not be tolerated and will be grounds for suspension or banishment. This includes any content/imagery that includes strategically covered nudity, sheer or see-through clothing, lewd or provocative poses, close-ups of breasts, butts, or the groin region.
- Posting imagery depicting drug-use, extreme depictions of violence, and mutilation (whether human or animal) will not be tolerated and will grounds for suspension and/or banishment from this forum.
- Posting knowingly misleading or false stories about Guns N' Roses, its past or present members is not permitted. When posting news, always include a source to validate the article.
- Please, do not spam the forum or bump out-dated/irrelevant threads - it's not permitted.
- Please follow the link guidelines and place all links to other GN'R related forums/sites in the AIN'T IT FUN section.
- Multiple accounts are discouraged and can be banned or disallowed at the discretion of staff.
- Do not post the personal information of band members on the forum, unless it has been publicly made available by the individual.
- Do not post any personal information of current or banned MYGNRFORUM members. This includes email addresses, phone numbers, pictures of fellow members, home or work related information. We highly value the personal privacy of anyone who currently or formerly posts at this forum.
- Discussion regarding banned members of this forum is not permitted. They are not here to defend themselves and hence we will not permit members in good standing to discuss banned members in any shape or form.
- Do not post links to or share officially released media of any kind on the forum. Unreleased media, such as potential "leaks" will be removed at the discretion of staff. Requests by band management to remove "leaks" will be fully complied with.
- Username changes are permitted more than once (within reason). It is at the discretion of staff as to whether a username change request will be accepted or not. For users that have changed their name, it is encouraged to make a note in their signature with their previous identity to reduce confusion amongst members.
- Member accounts will not be deleted once created. If you wish to remove yourself from MYGNRFORUM, simply stop posting. Requests for account deletion will not be honoured.
- This is a fan forum for all incarnations of the band and member's side projects. Keep in mind that constructive criticism of the band, members or ex-members is fine; however aimless and continuous bashing/negativity to "cupcake" other members is not.
- Try not to take the forum too seriously! Many people with views that differ to your own will post here and we must all somehow co-exist together. Staff members are not your teachers or parents; please take proactive steps to resolve issues or forum dramas with other members via PM before involving forum staff.
- A "common-sense" approach will be taken to all aspects of moderating content on the site. Posters are asked to co-operate by posting in sections that align to their interests, rather than ruining the sections that do not for others.
- Whilst Supporters will receive additional perks and support from admin/moderators (with more perks being reviewed and added on a constant basis), no forum Supporters will be immune from the rules outlined above as we have to manage all members fairly, with consistency, at all times.
All admins/moderators have agreed to have a more open and flexible approach to moderating threads, topics and forum members alike. With that said, there will be occasions when warnings are issues and the following guidelines have been discussed and issued:
- Minor offenses to the forum rules will likely result in either a friendly warning via PM or a suspension. Suspensions can be issued with the following penalty: 1 day - 3 days - 7 days - 14 days. In any instance of a suspension, a moderator must contact the forum member via PM. The moderator is encouraged not to mock any forum member publicly in an attempt to let other members aware of the action taken. It's a private matter.
- Formal warnings will typically be issued in one point increments. If a member reaches 5 points, they will be automatically banned from the forum.
- Any member that receives a 1 point warning from a forum moderator has the right of appeal for that warning; this appeal can only be requested once per member and the decision will be made and finalized by UK Subs, Downzy, or RussTCB. It's likely that if a reasonable decision has been made it will be upheld however we want everyone to recognise that moderators are not infallible and they will occasionally make mistakes/errors of judgment. If the warning is over-turned, the member is not to publicly disclose this on the forum and therefore any member seen to be 'celebrating' this decision will have the right of appeal taken away. (NB - If a member successfully appeals a decision, they still retain the right of another appeal until proven 'frivolous' by the administrators)
- Depending on the offense, you may receive both a suspension and a warning. In terms of re-registration and "perma bans" - each case will be taken on an individual basis.
- Cases where a moderator does not need to communicate a warning/suspension/banning to a forum member are related to gross misconducted; usually highlighted in some (not a complete list) of the following: Spammer/sending or posting porn/clear abuse of advertising other online outlets/racial, homophobic, or sexist abuse or significant general abuse.
- "Returned" members of the forum have been given special dispensation as a gesture of goodwill by the admin team. This goodwill action is expected to be equally reciprocated by the former banned member and therefore any offense of the forum rules by a "returned" member may result in formal action being accelerated (again, dependent on a number of possible factors).