Suggestions For The Forum

Guest Sweet Tooth

Ok...so pretty much out of 5 pages of this thread the only idea is to have a "Poster of the Month"? Man people are slack around here :lol:.

Lets do that though, Poster of the Month would be cool.

No! I had my Spam Section idea! :( I liked my idea too. :cry:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...so pretty much out of 5 pages of this thread the only idea is to have a "Poster of the Month"? Man people are slack around here :lol: .

Lets do that though, Poster of the Month would be cool.

No! I had my Spam Section idea! :( I liked my idea too. :cry:

Nah, I wanna see your spam in the main sections. 

Credibility? Like there's some sort of annual forum get together at the Apollo where only the most esteemed forums are invited? :lol: It's a FORUM, man. I doubt people are gonna stop joining if they see there's one tiny section that allows people to post what they want.

Frankly, I don't see a problem with adding that extra section. If post count is negated (which i know is possible) in that one section, people still need to stick to the rules (except for that stupid "MESSAGE HAS TO MAKE SENSE" communist bullshit. That's like saying "RULE #2, NO FUN! NO HAPPINESS ALLOWED!!"). You can even have the section Protected like the Downloads section if you're afraid of what unregistered users will think. Also, you have a great point that all the serious threads will have less stupid posts in them, because most stupid posts will be directed to the other section.

There ya have it. Give me ONE good reason why this new kickass section wouldn't be a good idea. MOOP DEMANDS IT! :krider:

Gee - Perhaps we need to have a minimum age on this forum so that the "kids" who have a burning desire to post nonsense will know this isn't the forum for them. If you want to post nonsense, please feel free to find another forum for people with a maturity level under the age of 10. But on this forum, we prefer to have members who are mature enough to start threads that have a real topic for everyone to discuss and debate.

let us retards run wild! :drevil:

rock3 rock3 rock3

If not - Then I'll just silly-up all the serious threads. threatening :o

Awww ... well, I'll be sorry to see you go after you're banned Spark.

I'm not trying to be an asshole or anything but, that has been going on for a long time. I think everyone can agree with me when I say one of the unwritten rules of the forum is if you don't agree with madison your ass is getting banned. Whatever, people know who they're fucking with they should know better...

This is nonsense. Nobody has ever been banned for having a different opinion. It's people who break forum rules and ignore repeated warnings that get banned. Iceman was asked several times to post his "I want Buckethead back in the band" posts/crusade in the Former Gunner section. He refused. We don't allow people to hijack threads asking for Slash's return in the main GNR section either. But Iceman ignored repeated requests to stop.

Then our little wannabe rebel decided to be an internet tough guy by starting a thread to whine and bitch about this request in the AG section in a thread in which he broke another forum rule by posting pms. This is why he was banned. It had nothing to do with having a different opinion. If people were banned for having a different opinion, p4A would have been banned years ago - and yet, she doesn't have single warning against her.

So enough with the nonsense. Please stop reposting this bogus accusation.

I hope I get some sort of credit for the lines of text in my sig. And it's important to take what I say in posts with a pinch of salt, a sense of humor and a playful attitude.

Who can crack a smile when they're serious!!!

The boy who cried wolf. no one will take me serious anyway... =/

Edited by Spark the determination

...It's people who break forum rules and ignore repeated warnings that get banned...
And those who aren't warned as well... :huh:

Former banned members don't get an extra warning because they were warned many times before they got banned the first time, right Scrubs?

... it's important to take what I say in posts with a pinch of salt, a sense of humor and a playful attitude.

Who can crack a smile when they're serious!!!

I was playing with you Spark. :kiss:

...It's people who break forum rules and ignore repeated warnings that get banned...

Former banned members don't get an extra warning because they were warned many times before they got banned the first time, right Scrubs?

Oh Madison, I don't know if it's been the long period of time, but you must've forgot that I was never warned.

That's ok though, I've learned to forgive and forget. ^_^

(Minus the forget part...I remembered :huh:)

Oh Madison, I don't know if it's been the long period of time, but you must've forgot that I was never warned.

Spammers don't get warnings.

It had nothing to do with having a different opinion. If people were banned for having a different opinion, p4A would have been banned years ago - and yet, she doesn't have single warning against her.

So enough with the nonsense. Please stop reposting this bogus accusation.

Usually madison mentioning my name in a thread is not a good thing. :lol:

I was there for the Iceman / madison debate and I'm not going to take sides. I will confirm that yes, it IS possible to disagree with her on everything (and I literally mean everything - from Slash to interest rates) and NOT get banned or even a warning.

On topic, I'm sorry, but most of the suggestions are lame. My suggestion, start your own forum and run it the way you want. :tongue2:

Spammers don't get warnings.

Good, continue to keep spammers away.

But banning regular forum members who don't spam...? :unsure:

P.S - What about Thomas and Ted Diabese? I don't believe either were banned...

Edited by Scrubs

Gee - Perhaps we need to have a minimum age on this forum so that the "kids" who have a burning desire to post nonsense will know this isn't the forum for them. If you want to post nonsense, please feel free to find another forum for people with a maturity level under the age of 10. But on this forum, we prefer to have members who are mature enough to start threads that have a real topic for everyone to discuss and debate.

Wow, it must be nice up there on your throne, darling. :lol: Since when did having fun mean you were immature? C'mon, you seriously can't be this uptight all the time, Maddie. But you're right, we should continue being more mature and make threads about pubes and mandles. :rofl-lol: What was I thinking, silly me.

And I don't want to find another forum, because no other forum has you in it, Madison. :wub:

(take note people, this is how you butter up an admin)

What are the qualifications you need to become a mod? Is there a uni course? Training?

It's a Uni course. Some general courses include :

"Banning, dealing with the emotional stress"

"Trolling: An Art or Menace?"

"Ethics of Warning"

Don't forget 'ThomasMeadow: Friend or Fiend?' ;)

None of that compares to the ultimate forum mod weeder class:

IP Ban: OH NOES

Since when did having fun mean you were immature? ..

If you think that posting nonsense and gibberish on the forum is "fun," then honestly you should look at joining another forum where the members are younger and enjoy gibberish. Most normal adults find gibberish and nonsense annoying, and most come here after work to relax and exchange views and opinions on real topics - not gibberish.

(take note people, this is how you butter up an admin)

"Butter?" It felt more like acid.

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.