Suggestions For The Forum

Guest Sweet Tooth

Great idea except for that part. Now Eric is cool and all but I don't know how much of the forums he actually reads/contributes to, so I don't know how much knowlege he'd have of members, madisons ok but I think all of the mods should pick candidates.

Umm... Madison's not just "ok".

Fuck off, loser. She's easily the best moderator throughout the GN'R community.

This whole member of the month/year shit sounds like something that grade school kids would do. You guys want to play a game of cyber 'duck-duck-goose' while you're at it? :sleeper:

Wow. Im sorry, but what a fucking dick.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea except for that part. Now Eric is cool and all but I don't know how much of the forums he actually reads/contributes to, so I don't know how much knowlege he'd have of members, madisons ok but I think all of the mods should pick candidates.

This whole member of the month/year shit sounds like something that grade school kids would do. You guys want to play a game of cyber 'duck-duck-goose' while you're at it? :sleeper:

Jesus christ dude I meant she's ok as in she should be picking people. Fuck.

It's either all the mods get to nominate people or none of them do, that way it's even.

It has to be an anonymous poll too cause or else it will turn out too much like a "who's your favourite member" thing, which would just be shit and people would start to play favourites.

Jesus christ dude I meant she's ok as in she should be picking people. Fuck.

It's either all the mods get to nominate people or none of them do, that way it's even.

It has to be an anonymous poll too cause or else it will turn out too much like a "who's your favourite member" thing, which would just be shit and people would start to play favourites.

Exactly. I also think it may give some incentive to post a little smarter for some people.

Wheres Eric with his thoughts on the subject?

To remain fair, I prefer to avoid situations where the admins or mods have to "choose" between people to be in nomination.

Polls, anonymous ones included, open up room for abuse.

Having a member of the months/year is not a neccessity.

I thin that the reason why good posters get well respected by other members in the community is because of their posts, not because they were voted member of the month/year.

Hey Eric, has the "About Me" section of our profiles always been there? I just noticed it and it's awesome! If it's new, great job! If it's old, well shame on me :lol:, but good job anyways!

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Yeah I think it's new, because you could always see the peoples topics first and not the 'About me' as now. I like it anyways.

Hey Eric, has the "About Me" section of our profiles always been there? I just noticed it and it's awesome! If it's new, great job! If it's old, well shame on me :lol:, but good job anyways!

Kevin,

The "About Me" entry in the Profiles is a new feature that was introduced by Invision Power Board (IPB) version 2.3.5. The Forum was receltly updated with version 2.3.5.

To see the "About Me" information of a Forum member, simply click on a Member Profile. This is done by clicking on a MEmber's name. You'll then see the information at the center of the page.

By default, the the "About Me" entry contains the Member's signature. This part cannot be edited.

Members can edit the text that will appear at the top of the signature by clicking on their Profile and then click on "Edit your 'About Me' page".

Guest banaszkiewicz

hey eric,

i remember we had a competition to see who can make the best banner around the "mygnrforum" main banner,

what happened to that?

are you still planning on changing them?