SOURCE: The Irish Examiner

Weiland blames press for Guns N'Roses no-show

205 words

29 April 2008

09:47

The Irish Examiner

English

© Irish Examiner, 2008. Thomas Crosbie Media, TCH

American rocker Scott Weiland is disappointed the original members of his favourite band Guns N'Roses will not reunite - and blames the press for scuppering plans.

The former Velvet Revolver star claims the legendary rock band was close signing a deal to reunite onstage, but axed their plans when they were leaked to the media.

However, Weiland believes the band will one day make a comeback - as long as the plans are not leaked.

He says: "I think they should get Guns N' Roses back together, to tell you the truth. I think that would be the greatest thing that they could do. I think the world would be very happy.

"If they could stop talking trash about Axl (Rose) in the press. It almost happened. The pens were ready to sign. With the Greatest Hits, there was a possibility (of a reunion), but there was too much stuff being said. But it was a close call.

"I would love to see that happen, as a Guns N' Roses fan. I'd pay to see it."

Weiland recently departed Velvet Revolver after falling out with bandmates and Guns N' Roses founders Duff McKagan and Slash.

Related forum discussion:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=112773