Books/Reading Thread

axlrose15

49 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

He liked to surround himself with young airheaded females but there is little evidence of sexual contact. 

Did he ever slip Eva one?  You’d think a sort of nation ruling strongman of that sort would’ve been putting it about all over the gaff.

On 17/11/2019 at 12:43 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Flatulence? Must have been mortifying being subjegated by der Fuerer's farts, especially in that bunker. Vegetarian of course.

There's got to be a gas chamber joke in there somewhere?

*hides

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Did he ever slip Eva one?  You’d think a sort of nation ruling strongman of that sort would’ve been putting it about all over the gaff.

You can read a multitude of books on the subject of Adolf Hitler's sexuality, the consensus generally favouring asexuality. He was certainly very possessive as demonstrated by his half-niece, Geli Raubal, who he drove to suicide, and as I said, liked to be in the company of flighty young women. There was a ''Beatles factor'' at work in how his image was projected. Hitler being single meant every unmarried maiden in the Reich could aspire to the hand of the Führer; he used to get fan mail, love letters, from girls desiring to have his babies. An image of asexuality was set forth. There is also an element of Elizabeth I: Hitler was married to the fatherland (similarly Elizabeth was married to England). 

There were certainly enough shaggers in the Reich though, including, most improbably, Goebbels. 

13 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I thought Hess died on natural causes in Spandau, though I can't be certain.

The internets says he strung himself up.

Hess died on 17 August 1987, aged 93, in a summer house that had been set up in the prison garden as a reading room. He took an extension cord from one of the lamps, strung it over a window latch, and hanged himself. A short note to his family was found in his pocket, thanking them for all that they had done. The Four Powers released a statement on 17 September ruling the death a suicide. He was initially buried at a secret location to avoid media attention or demonstrations by Nazi sympathisers, but his body was re-interred in a family plot at Wunsiedel on 17 March 1988; his wife was buried beside him in 1995.[146]

Wikipedia,

Hess's lawyer Alfred Seidl felt that he was too old and frail to have managed to kill himself. Wolf Rüdiger Hess repeatedly claimed that his father had been murdered by the British Secret Intelligence Service to prevent him from revealing information about British misconduct during the war. Abdallah Melaouhi served as Hess's medical orderly from 1982 to 1987; he was dismissed from his position at his local district parliament's Immigration and Integration Advisory Council after he wrote a self-published book on a similar theme. According to an investigation by the British government in 1989, the available evidence did not back up the claim that Hess was murdered, and Solicitor General Sir Nicholas Lyell saw no grounds for further investigation. Moreover, the autopsy results support the conclusion that Hess had killed himself. A report released in 2012 led to questions again being asked as to whether Hess had been murdered. Historian Peter Padfield claimed that the suicide note found on the body appeared to have been written when Hess was hospitalised in 1969.

19 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I watched a documentary on Heß once, I thought the Brits killed him?

I think he crashed in England or something, was that Hess?

9 minutes ago, Dazey said:

The internets says he strung himself up.

Hess died on 17 August 1987, aged 93, in a summer house that had been set up in the prison garden as a reading room. He took an extension cord from one of the lamps, strung it over a window latch, and hanged himself. A short note to his family was found in his pocket, thanking them for all that they had done. The Four Powers released a statement on 17 September ruling the death a suicide. He was initially buried at a secret location to avoid media attention or demonstrations by Nazi sympathisers, but his body was re-interred in a family plot at Wunsiedel on 17 March 1988; his wife was buried beside him in 1995.[146]

I stand corrected.  Certainly took a while to muster up the bottle eh, 1987.  

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

What a bellend :lol:  

He did this without Hotler knowing, I bet Hotler was glad he got arrested and didn't have to deal with him anymore.

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Surely they would've not left it 40 plus years if they wanted rid of him?

Look at who is claiming he was murdered... his lawyer and son, I wouldn't take their words too seriously.

Piloted a Bf 110 which is now, a piece of, in the Imperial War Museum. He wanted to negotiate a peace with the Duke of Hamilton as a sort of present for Hitler because Hitler's war was really with the Soviets. He had fallen a bit out of favour you see - displaced by Martin Bormann? Nazi politiking. This is how the Reich operated. Conspiracy theorist's dream. Stalin was deeply suspicious of the ''Hess mission'' and kept bringing it up in the conferences with Churchill.

It truly is the most bizarre escapade of the second world war.

And Hitler denounced him as a madman. 

Since asking for readings about Hitlers drug use, I am late to this story about Trump. In an earlier picture of Trump, there is a drawer open that shows a stash of Sudafed. So, Sudafed is an active ingredient in crystal meth and taken in quantity can give an energetic buzz. The boxes seen in the drawer are said to be UK Sudafed which gives a lot more of an energy buzz than whats allowed in the US Sudafed. So, naturally, people have some questions. And Im even more interested in exploring industrial drugs as they relate to leadership!

7wMZ0ZEh.jpg

(Incidentally this pic of Trump eating a taco bowl was tweeted out with the caption "I love the Hispanics" (:facepalm::lol:) and its Mexican Revolution Day today. Happy Rev, Mexico!!!)

26 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

No, to look for sweet pieces of Geordie ass. Specifically, your deca-great grandmother's. 

I have relatives who are Scottish and Welsh so I'm not sure this applies.

What happened to you lot anyhow? Why did you ditch your battleaxes and beards for sequins and effeminacy, your sagas and war songs for Europop? From this,

vikings.jpg

To this,

Stockholm-Pride-by-Jeffrey-James-Keyes10

I blame social democracy. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have relatives who are Scottish and Welsh so I'm not sure this applies.

What happened to you lot anyhow? Why did you ditch your battleaxes and beards for sequins and effeminacy, your sagas and war songs for Europop? From this,

But most of all you have relatives who were vikings.

I suppose we have been great in both periods of time.