Books/Reading Thread

axlrose15

I'm reading a lot of fantasy books right now. 

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling

The Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands by Stephen King

I'm looking forward to read The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings books.

Edited by Sosso

Murder in Paradise by James Patterson and other writers.

It's a book of 3 stories James has written with other writers.

22 hours ago, Sosso said:

I'm reading a lot of fantasy books right now. 

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling

The Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands by Stephen King

I'm looking forward to read The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings books.

You are so good to read all those books because they are soooooooooooooooo long. lol

I have seen all the Harry Potter and Lord of the rings movies but not interested in reading those books. Too long for me.

22 hours ago, wondering where's izzy? said:

That's great to hear, just finished the Green Mile.

I saw the Green Mile movie and I cried so much. That little old mouse at the end just about killed me.

5 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Murder in Paradise by James Patterson and other writers.

It's a book of 3 stories James has written with other writers.

You are so good to read all those books because they are soooooooooooooooo long. lol

I have seen all the Harry Potter and Lord of the rings movies but not interested in reading those books. Too long for me.

I've read the fourth Harry Potter book in 2 1/2 days during vacation. :D I loved to read books ever since I was a kid. 

Edited by Sosso

Just now, Sosso said:

I've read the Harry Potter fourth book in 2 1/2 days during the holdidays. :D I loved to read book ever since I was a kid. 

Yeah, my daughter watched a few of the movies with me. Once she gets a little older I'm sure she will read the books too.

Love Harry Potter movies. Loved those kids and was glad they filmed all the movies.

2 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, my daughter watched a few of the movies with me. Once she gets a little older I'm sure she will read the books too.

Love Harry Potter movies. Loved those kids and was glad they filmed all the movies.

Yeah, the films are great. One of my favourite scenes was when Sirius said to Harry "Nice one, James!". That was truly great from him.

Edited by Sosso

I remember seeing the first Harry Potter and not knowing those kids. As the movies went on, you saw them grow up and got better and better.

I do miss those movies.

I just watched the cinemax show called C B Strike which J Rowling wrote those books in another name. It's a great show.

It was 3 different storylines, 3 episodes each. I really enjoyed it. It's filmed in the UK. It's over now, and I will miss it.

Twistin' My Melon - Shaun Ryder autobiography

Songs My Mother Taught Me - Marlon Brando autobiography (re-read)

10 minutes ago, Budweiser said:

I just devoured Anthony Bourdain’s Kitchen Confidential in just 3 days. Fuck, it sucks he’s gone. 

He was a good friend of Iggy Pops, in a recent interview they did I recall them talking about how they didn't want to grow old, I think it was Iggy more leading the conversation, more specifically they were saying like...they didn't want to die of old age. 

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Twistin' My Melon - Shaun Ryder autobiography

Songs My Mother Taught Me - Marlon Brando autobiography (re-read)

He was a good friend of Iggy Pops, in a recent interview they did I recall them talking about how they didn't want to grow old, I think it was Iggy more leading the conversation, more specifically they were saying like...they didn't want to die of old age. 

Selfishly, that’s not a good enough excuse for me. 

Billy Idol autobiography :lol:

But I didn't know he started out in a punk band! A legit punk band, back when it all started.

I found it a little boring..mainly bc I wanted more dirt, less musicianship stuff :lol:

One thing I have noticed in rocker bios...I'm not sure if they ever fully realize what good musicians/artists they are..they all seem to downplay their talent...eg. reading Nikki Sixx's words at face value, it's suprising he could string two notes together!

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/08/2018 at 7:22 AM, Whiskey Rose said:

Billy Idol autobiography :lol:

But I didn't know he started out in a punk band! A legit punk band, back when it all started.

I found it a little boring..mainly bc I wanted more dirt, less musicianship stuff :lol:

One thing I have noticed in rocker bios...I'm not sure if they ever fully realize what good musicians/artists they are..they all seem to downplay their talent...eg. reading Nikki Sixx's words at face value, it's suprising he could string two notes together!

I wonder how many of them can string two notes together. Especially lead singers and drummers. I get distracted by all the debaucery going on. I guess rock records are kind of constructed and as long as you can do your part nobody is asking you to be virtuoso. 

I think there was some funny stuff in Stephen Pearcy’s autobio about meeting Billy Idol in NY. 

Edited by wasted

On ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎23 at 4:15 AM, wasted said:

I think there was some funny stuff in Stephen Pearcy’s autobio about meeting Billy Idol in NY. 

I like Ratt, I will have to read this.

Also, you and @dontdamnmeuyi2015 have read the Harry Bosch series? I love those books, because they kind of add the supernatural too. But they've made a tv series? How did I miss this? Is it any good? But I will probably be disappointed bc the actor who plays harry will I'm sure not look anything like he does in my head. That could ruin it for me :lol:

1 hour ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Also, you and @dontdamnmeuyi2015 have read the Harry Bosch series? I love those books, because they kind of add the supernatural too. But they've made a tv series? How did I miss this? Is it any good? But I will probably be disappointed bc the actor who plays harry will I'm sure not look anything like he does in my head. That could ruin it for me :lol:

I’ve read a lot of them but out of order. Supposedly season 2 is better than season 1.

yeah I didn’t realise Bosch looked like Elliot Gould’s cousin. I’m not a cop I’m your fuckin’cousin. 

There is that dynamic where Bosch is like a true blue man, but then all the bad guys are occultists. 

Thinking about reading Gone Girl or Child 44. 

But I started Perfume by Suskind. And Pale King by Wallace. Blue Knight by Wambaugh.

I bet I end up reading Running with the Devil, that VH bio. Everything else will be too hard. 

Edited by wasted

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:54 AM, Whiskey Rose said:

I've read all the Connelly Bosch books. Love them. Well, not sure about what Harry looks like, but he's in his 50's but still well built and described as being handsome. I never really picture characters much. I don't have time since I read tons of books every week.

If you start reading the Bosch books from the start, I think you will enjoy them very much and it'll give you more insight to Harry and his life before he was a cop.

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:37 AM, Whiskey Rose said:

Sonofabitch!

He's not a true blue man though, is he.

Harry is related to the Lincoln Lawyer too. Another Connelly series. They both share the same dad.

There are some books that have both characters in them.

Harry has crossed the line sometimes, but hey he gets the job done. The Lincoln Lawyer is crafty too. I love both these characters. They play off each other well too.