Matt Sorum Thinks GNR Will Eventually Get Back Together

madison

DATE: June 23, 2008

SOURCE: MusicRadar.com

Velvet Revolver's Matt Sorum talks Guns N' Roses reunion

Joe Bosso, Mon 23 Jun, 1:31 pm BST

Matt Sorum thinks Guns N' Roses will get back together. "I'm sure it'll happen eventually," he says.

The one-time GN'R drummer and current member of the singer-less Velvet Revolver isn't so sure about his involvement in a reunion, however. "They could be having meetings about it right now. They could be in a bomb shelter, with Axl and Slash and Duff. And Izzy! Maybe Steven Adler - I don't know. I'd probably be the very, very, very last guy to get the call."

Still, Sorum insists he isn't sitting around waiting for the phone to ring. He's got his mind on Velvet Revolver and their search for a new frontman. During the recent summer NAMM show, MusicRadar sat down with Sorum in the crowded bar of his hotel to talk about the states of VR and GN'R, the rumor of his involvement with Oasis, and how he handles the vicissitudes of lead singers. The engaging and candid skin basher was happy to opine away. And when it comes to Scott Weiland, he doesn't hold back.

As for the status of VELVET REVOLVER's search for a new lead singer following the departure of Scott Weiland, Sorum said, "We are looking. We are actively looking. We rehearsed for a couple of weeks. We tried out a couple of guys. We have a guy right now that we're still… let me see, what would be the correct word… massaging, as you will — sort of checking it out, feeling it out, letting him work with us."[The guy Sorum is referring to is rumored to be the former THE PANIC CHANNEL/SKYCYCLE singer Steve Isaacs — Ed.]

"I'd rather not [say who it is] — just because I don't want it to get out that he might be the guy. I mean, we like him, he's awesome… It's really weird because [chuckles] Slash and Duff and myself — especially the three of us — we were kind of like, 'Wow, this guy shows up to a rehearsal on time, he's really nice, he's easy to get along with,' and it actually kind of scared us, 'cause we thought, 'Is this possible?' God, I was worried for a minute that it was almost like, you know, when you get in a relationship with a girl, or a guy gets in a relationship with a girl, or a girl gets in a relationship with a guy, and maybe they're really, really, really nice, but for some reason you don't really like them. [Laughs] I'm kind of worried that we might be so used to the drama. [Laughs] I kind of looked around at the guys. I said, 'Man, this guy is a super-nice dude. You think we can go with that or what? [Laughs]'"

The entire 17-minute audio interview with Matt Sorum conducted by Joe Bosso of MusicRadar.com is available for download at this location.

Link for download

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/vel...-reunion-161283

Related forum discussion:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showto...t=0&start=0