Axl Rose Chat #6 - mygnrforum - Dec. 14, 2008

I am still not at all convinced this is Axl Rose writing these pieces.

I am simply amazed that Axl Rose is fully literate with internet slang (such as 'j/k'), and uses emoticons!! Next thing he will have a sig eh??

More interestingly, I am suprised somebody of his intelligence finds it difficult to write coherent sentences with the use of grammar.

If it is him, I do feel genuine sorry for the guy. What was once without shadow of a doubt my 'dont give a fuck' idol, is now nothing more than a hermit with an extremely big grudge against anybody that wouldnt follow his totalitarian quest for finding himself within music. What makes music any different from other situations? A brands popularity is based on its product. You cant change the ingredients of that brand, and still expect to produce the same product.

Imagine if GNR decided to tour, and put on two shows per venue. One show was dedicated to old GNR material, and one to new. Which would be more popular?

Chinese Democracy is a good album, but my no means the pinnacle of what GNR stands for in most peoples eyes. Its nice to see a lot of people have embraced it as their pinnacle of GNR music, however it is truly a tiny fraction of people compared to the impact of the old Guns movement.

It is honourable to try to continue something special, but sometimes there comes a point where you have to call time. It parrallel's to me GNR being a heavyweight boxer, trying desperately to reclaim his title. And then getting knocked out in the first round by a modern fighter with a different style. Sometimes things should be just left where they are, and not have the name tarnished by squeezing out every last penny.

Move down a weight, change the name, by all means yes. It hurts most people that the brand is being associated with a product that the majority simply dont relate to.

But thats modern economics and human nature I guess. Desperate times invoke desperate measures.

Right... it is hard to understand Axl is 'internet literate' and whatever you mean by grammar thing, Shakespeare... so I fully understand why you don't understand a thing he says... but it is better not to comment on those things you don't understand because it makes you look stupid...

says the person that doesnt understand the meaning of grammar...

How on earth does that logic make sense?

Take the time to read the threads that have been moved and understand why exactly the thread needed to be moved to that particular section.

I'm really not digging the whole hate things towards the mods by some newer members. Some of you should comprehend how difficult it is to mitigate some of these thread conflicts as well as manage the flood of new threads.

hello,rose.....I am a sophomore student,what is more important things,i am from china,i am from ShangHai,i very much hope that you will be able to see my comments on this,please excuse my English is not very good,I would like to tell you that i love you very much! every day.....your every song I listened to the repeated many times.every time you look at the scene of the concert are excited me....know what?You have a lot of fans in China,do not lie to you....although some people for some reason you are opposed to now.....for me, but they are irrelevant,every day I listen to your songs, your live Tiantian Kan.Perhaps you would wonder why do I.Ha ha....I do not know the reason....is like no reason to explain the.you may not see these words,I just want to tell you that a group of people in their homes away from you, who's been in support of you.They even have to buy your album.....The plain fact is that this,no one can change..i hope that I can see you,haha,i know,this is impossible...finally, I want to say that I will always love you.If you can see, I have a contented.........

Hey Axl!

I used to live in Santa Monica and work as a comic book artist for Top Cow productions on the promenade.

You probably don't remember this, but one time you were in the hallway next to the bookstore near woolworths,

I guess you just went inside from some people coming out through the promenade towards the parking structure,

but the door was an automatic locking door, even though the front hallway entrance was usually open.

I got to the door and it was locked and you were probably like 15 feet away and there was a couple of seconds

where I could totally tell you were thinking about walking back and opening the door and it was pretty kick ass!

I always think of that, the day axl almost opened the door for me! :D

I saw you a couple of times in Santa Monica, that place is pretty awesome.

hello,rose.....I am a sophomore student,what is more important things,i am from china,i am from ShangHai,i very much hope that you will be able to see my comments on this,please excuse my English is not very good,I would like to tell you that i love you very much! every day.....your every song I listened to the repeated many times.every time you look at the scene of the concert are excited me....know what?You have a lot of fans in China,do not lie to you....although some people for some reason you are opposed to now.....for me, but they are irrelevant,every day I listen to your songs, your live Tiantian Kan.Perhaps you would wonder why do I.Ha ha....I do not know the reason....is like no reason to explain the.you may not see these words,I just want to tell you that a group of people in their homes away from you, who's been in support of you.They even have to buy your album.....The plain fact is that this,no one can change..i hope that I can see you,haha,i know,this is impossible...finally, I want to say that I will always love you.If you can see, I have a contented.........

nawww :)

Go Axl ^-^

Can't wait for your next topic to be posted Axl, hopefully Ill be online to add my question.

I am simply amazed that Axl Rose is fully literate with internet slang (such as 'j/k'), and uses emoticons!! Next thing he will have a sig eh??

More interestingly, I am suprised somebody of his intelligence finds it difficult to write coherent sentences with the use of grammar.

If it is him, I do feel genuine sorry for the guy. What was once without shadow of a doubt my 'dont give a fuck' idol, is now nothing more than a hermit with an extremely big grudge against anybody that wouldnt follow his totalitarian quest for finding himself within music. What makes music any different from other situations? A brands popularity is based on its product. You cant change the ingredients of that brand, and still expect to produce the same product.

Imagine if GNR decided to tour, and put on two shows per venue. One show was dedicated to old GNR material, and one to new. Which would be more popular?

Chinese Democracy is a good album, but my no means the pinnacle of what GNR stands for in most peoples eyes. Its nice to see a lot of people have embraced it as their pinnacle of GNR music, however it is truly a tiny fraction of people compared to the impact of the old Guns movement.

It is honourable to try to continue something special, but sometimes there comes a point where you have to call time. It parrallel's to me GNR being a heavyweight boxer, trying desperately to reclaim his title. And then getting knocked out in the first round by a modern fighter with a different style. Sometimes things should be just left where they are, and not have the name tarnished by squeezing out every last penny.

Move down a weight, change the name, by all means yes. It hurts most people that the brand is being associated with a product that the majority simply dont relate to.

But thats modern economics and human nature I guess. Desperate times invoke desperate measures.

First of all, Axl Rose isn't frozen in a time warp and therefore, apart from his not needing to, he isn't going to fulfill your expectations of how he should be behaving. If you expect him to, it is you who are stuck in time.

Secondly, Axl's reply on a very sensitive and personal topic, that has been the subject of much previous debate and examination, was not just eloquent, but very candid. If it were any more prepared, it wouldn't have come off as fresh and authentic as it did. That is also why it evokes such intense responses from both those who appreciate what he did and from the naysayers ( typical of the man, I think). If in this effort, he fell short of your expectations on the matter of sticking to proper punctuation and grammar, while taking the effort to respond to hundreds of questions from fans and forum members (with most of those questions lacking perfect grammatical structure in any case), maybe you should clarify what kind of image of Axl the Rock Star and Guns N' Roses the band, you really have. Since when did being a rock star (you seem to know a lot about that) require having to write in perfect English in a fan forum? Raw intelligence has nothing to do with knowledge. Axl may not be a Phd. in English, or a classical author, but he possesses intelligence in abundance and that fact is fully evident in not just his post, but also in the amazing lyrics that he has given us over the years.

Thirdly. the fact that you feel sorry for Axl because he is aware of commonly used chat/text lingo while at the same time calling him a hermit is contradictory and shows a gap in your logic.

Fourthly, your sympathy for your 'fuck you' idol would be at odds with any such kind of an attitude; in addition to being unwanted, out of place and just plain manufactured scorn, you have not provided any real reason why W. Axl Rose would need anyone's sympathy, much less yours.

Fifthly, did you say, 'a totilatarian quest for finding himself within music' ? There is much to say when it comes to proper use of grammar. There is also much to say for the proper use of words and style.

Sixthly, if you had actually read Axl's material, you would understand that his intentions are a world away from your scenario of 'changing the ingredients of a brand and still expecting the same product'. This detracts from the credibility of your entire post.

Seventhly, your hypothetical situation of two tours per venue, is just that. Hypothetical. The fact is, most of the time, bands mix up old and new material and many times are faced with audiences where some people don't react to new material. There are plently of forum members who have seen this band tour in '06 and '07 and rocked out to the new songs.

Finally, the rest of your post, though not much else of it is left, is mostly your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Edited by The Archer

Hai Axl/Dexter,

I have just been listing to use your illusion. The song 14 years of pain looks like it has also been written in "the future". So you have been 14 yours pain before and after? What a hell!!

Love from Holland.

ps I hope you come to Holland when you are planning touring!

I know it's not fair to judge others by the number of their posts or anything but most of these "1 post/2 days on the forum"-types are hilarious. I'm sure you are all huge fans who just happen to register right after it's on the news that Axl dropped by, and surely Axl is going to read your interesting stories about how you, your family, their pets and your mailman's cousin loves him, let alone replying to them. More power to them I guess, whatever makes them happy, right on. Makes for a good entertainment at least. :monkey:

I know it's not fair to judge others by the number of their posts or anything but most of these "1 post/2 days on the forum"-types are hilarious. I'm sure you are all huge fans who just happen to register right after it's on the news that Axl dropped by, and surely Axl is going to read your interesting stories about how you, your family, their pets and your mailman's cousin loves him, let alone replying to them. More power to them I guess, whatever makes them happy, right on. Makes for a good entertainment at least. :monkey:

you are absolutely right epic!!!! whats ya point mate?

im sure you would do the same if axl had jumped in on another fansite you hadnt been registered to!!?

im not being funny or nuthin, just making a valid point.

Your a fan as much as any of us wouldnt you do the same buddy? :)

---------------------------------

Anyway Axl

thanks for talking to the fans here.

Couldnt beleive that people were dissing you real early on, if they dont like you why the fuckers come here, thats like me going to a 50cent thread and dissing him, fuck me i wouldnt, let em be...

As i said in my comment to ya, thanks to you and the guys (all era's) for the great music ive heard for most of my life.

If only i could live a small percent of what youve done and achieved and fought, im sure me and most humans couldnt take it, huge respect to u!

Anyway i read that one of your interests are formula 1 (am i right) i didnt know this, so am i..

do you go to Gps when schedule allows? what did you think of 08 year with lewis winning? who is your fav driver of all time?

its good to also know about your non-guns side axl, and also deep down your a human being like us

...... exception of a one in a million voice, ............stronger than ever!!! LOL

anyway

happy xmas Axl Rose

Dan

:..:,

Edited by DansNroses

im sure you would do the same if axl had jumped in on another fansite you hadnt been registered to!!?

Yeah you are right, we are all fans and I'm really glad Axl and Guns are given the respect they deserve and so many people are showing it but I hope this isn't just a spur of a moment kind of thing where all the fans that have now registered, disappear as soon as Axl stops coming here.

It's always good to have new blood around and this is cool that we have a lot of new members giving their own point of views about things and it would be awesome if they continue to do that in the future and not just come here because of Axl's visits. Anyway, welcome to the boards and I hope you'll enjoy enough to stick around in the future too. ;)

Oh dear. You don't utilise basic punctuation and yet you have the nerve to criticise Axl's grammar? Lawl.

First of all, Axl Rose isn't frozen in a time warp and therefore, apart from his not needing to, he isn't going to fulfill your expectations of how he should be behaving. If you expect him to, it is you who are stuck in time.

Secondly, Axl's reply on a very sensitive and personal topic, that has been the subject of much previous debate and examination, was not just eloquent, but very candid. If it were any more prepared, it wouldn't have come off as fresh and authentic as it did. That is also why it evokes such intense responses from both those who appreciate what he did and from the naysayers ( typical of the man, I think). If in this effort, he fell short of your expectations on the matter of sticking to proper punctuation and grammar, while taking the effort to respond to hundreds of questions from fans and forum members (with most of those questions lacking perfect grammatical structure in any case), maybe you should clarify what kind of image of Axl the Rock Star and Guns N' Roses the band, you really have. Since when did being a rock star (you seem to know a lot about that) require having to write in perfect English in a fan forum? Raw intelligence has nothing to do with knowledge. Axl may not be a Phd. in English, or a classical author, but he possesses intelligence in abundance and that fact is fully evident in not just his post, but also in the amazing lyrics that he has given us over the years.

Thirdly. the fact that you feel sorry for Axl because he is aware of commonly used chat/text lingo while at the same time calling him a hermit is contradictory and shows a gap in your logic.

Fourthly, your sympathy for your 'fuck you' idol would be at odds with any such kind of an attitude; in addition to being unwanted, out of place and just plain manufactured scorn, you have not provided any real reason why W. Axl Rose would need anyone's sympathy, much less yours.

Fifthly, did you say, 'a totilatarian quest for finding himself within music' ? There is much to say when it comes to proper use of grammar. There is also much to say for the proper use of words and style.

Sixthly, if you had actually read Axl's material, you would understand that his intentions are a world away from your scenario of 'changing the ingredients of a brand and still expecting the same product'. This detracts from the credibility of your entire post.

Seventhly, your hypothetical situation of two tours per venue, is just that. Hypothetical. The fact is, most of the time, bands mix up old and new material and many times are faced with audiences where some people don't react to new material. There are plently of forum members who have seen this band tour in '06 and '07 and rocked out to the new songs.

Finally, the rest of your post, though not much else of it is left, is mostly your opinion and you are entitled to it.

You just got ripped to pieces. I think it's fair to say that you just got owned Blunoze.

And just to add to your own grammatical mistakes...

Its nice to see a lot of people

Not heard of the apostrophe?

A spelling mistake in the same line you criticise someone else's grammar??? :rofl-lol:

Yeah you are right, we are all fans and I'm really glad Axl and Guns are given the respect they deserve and so many people are showing it but I hope this isn't just a spur of a moment kind of thing where all the fans that have now registered, disappear as soon as Axl stops coming here.

It's always good to have new blood around and this is cool that we have a lot of new members giving their own point of views about things and it would be awesome if they continue to do that in the future and not just come here because of Axl's visits. Anyway, welcome to the boards and I hope you'll enjoy enough to stick around in the future too. ;)

THANKS I PLAN ON STAYING...HAD I KNOWN THERE WAS SOMETHING LIKE THIS BEFORE I WOULD,VE BEEN HERE...JUST RECENTLY I HAVE FOR SOME REASON DEVELOPED AN INTERNET ADDICTION.I FIND IT MUCH MORE INTERACTIVE THAN TV OR ...WELL...THAN TV.I NEVER WATCHED TV MUCH ANYWAY SO I,M NOT SURE WHERE I AM GOING WITH THIS.IT IS SOMETHING TO DO THOUGH WHEN I AM SUPPOSED TO BE SLEEPING BUT I'M NOT.IT ALSO HAS BEEN KEEPING ME OFF OF EBAY AND SPENDING MONEY.I'M GOOD AT THAT.ENOUGH BOUT ME...AXL IS AN ANGEL AND I,VE KNOWN IT SINCE THE FIRST TIME I HEARD THE FIRST SONG.ONE OF A KIND, HE HAS ALWAYS INSPIRED ME TO BE ME.

Not sure if anyone has asked this yet or not but I'm way too lazy to sort through 80 pages worth of this. You say you comming to Slash asking him to play that riff (the WTTJ riff) is total bullshit, now my question is do you mean it's bullshit that he came up with the riff by himself? Or that he had no part in creating the riff at all? And also how many of GNR's songs did Tracii Guns atleast contribute to writting?

Firstly, if you had read the first line of my post, then maybe it would make more sense. If you believe that Axl Rose sat at a computer and directly typed those words onto this forum, then I am happy it makes you feel warm inside and gives you belief. But even if it is him, I am suprised a man of such self proclaimed integrity would utilise an Internet Forum to openly criticise his former close friend, and person who collaborated in giving him his status today. And then have the gall to say 'I made the name Guns N' Roses, so its mine', when he knows full well that without the other members, there would never have been a Guns N' Roses that we all know and love today! I have no doubt Axl Rose is a talented artist, and I appreciate and enjoy his music. However I genuinely prefer the sound of the the original line up, thats what Guns N' Roses is to me. Not just the music, but the story behind how those guys met, their fight against drugs, society and all the other things I could relate to. GNR was way bigger than just the music to me. But I appreciate other people feel differently. I cant see how both versions can be called Guns N' Roses, when they seem so different. The soul of GNR was the controversy and the struggle in my opinion. And this was the fuel to create that music. Now it seems slightly more diluted in the sense Chinese Democracy only appears to have been influenced and shaped by one person. I can truly feel that when I listen to the record.

Nevertheless, if you want to just chat with me about my personality and writing style, I have no problem with that. However my post was in answer to the use of the Guns N' Roses brand on Chinese Democracy. I could pick a thousand holes in what you wrote in order to try and be 'clever', but I take no pleasure in openly criticising somebody or trying to destroy the credibility of somebody elses opinion.

Firstly, if you had read the first line of my post, then maybe it would make more sense. If you believe that Axl Rose sat at a computer and directly typed those words onto this forum, then I am happy it makes you feel warm inside and gives you belief. But even if it is him, I am suprised a man of such self proclaimed integrity would utilise an Internet Forum to openly criticise his former close friend, and person who collaborated in giving him his status today. And then have the gall to say 'I made the name Guns N' Roses, so its mine', when he knows full well that without the other members, there would never have been a Guns N' Roses that we all know and love today! I have no doubt Axl Rose is a talented artist, and I appreciate and enjoy his music. However I genuinely prefer the sound of the the original line up, thats what Guns N' Roses is to me. Not just the music, but the story behind how those guys met, their fight against drugs, society and all the other things I could relate to. GNR was way bigger than just the music to me. But I appreciate other people feel differently. I cant see how both versions can be called Guns N' Roses, when they seem so different. The soul of GNR was the controversy and the struggle in my opinion. And this was the fuel to create that music. Now it seems slightly more diluted in the sense Chinese Democracy only appears to have been influenced and shaped by one person. I can truly feel that when I listen to the record.

Nevertheless, if you want to just chat with me about my personality and writing style, I have no problem with that. However my post was in answer to the use of the Guns N' Roses brand on Chinese Democracy. I could pick a thousand holes in what you wrote in order to try and be 'clever', but I take no pleasure in openly criticising somebody or trying to destroy the credibility of somebody elses opinion.

"With out Paul, there would be no more Guns N' Roses." - Axl RIR3

Right... it is hard to understand Axl is 'internet literate' and whatever you mean by grammar thing, Shakespeare... so I fully understand why you don't understand a thing he says... but it is better not to comment on those things you don't understand because it makes you look stupid...

Why can't rock singers be "Internet literate"? My grandmother is. Does being handy with a mike stand mean you can't be reasonably conversant with a keyboard? And all you need to do is read two nights' worth of blogs -- anyone's blogs -- to learn the style, if you want. Shakespeare's grammar is a bit passe, though...

Edited by DolceVita

THANKS I PLAN ON STAYING...HAD I KNOWN THERE WAS SOMETHING LIKE THIS BEFORE I WOULD,VE BEEN HERE...JUST RECENTLY I HAVE FOR SOME REASON DEVELOPED AN INTERNET ADDICTION.I FIND IT MUCH MORE INTERACTIVE THAN TV OR ...WELL...THAN TV.I NEVER WATCHED TV MUCH ANYWAY SO I,M NOT SURE WHERE I AM GOING WITH THIS.IT IS SOMETHING TO DO THOUGH WHEN I AM SUPPOSED TO BE SLEEPING BUT I'M NOT.IT ALSO HAS BEEN KEEPING ME OFF OF EBAY AND SPENDING MONEY.I'M GOOD AT THAT.ENOUGH BOUT ME...AXL IS AN ANGEL AND I,VE KNOWN IT SINCE THE FIRST TIME I HEARD THE FIRST SONG.ONE OF A KIND, HE HAS ALWAYS INSPIRED ME TO BE ME.

The Devil's one of a kind too, isn't he? "A man of wealth and taste"...and generally more interesting than an angel. Don't we need both to keep from getting bored?

Hey, you should look into getting a clone later on!

It's probably really close to living forever, but without all the trials and tribulations.

Probably in a thousand years axl will be like some clone monk in a concrete bunker or something :D

Also I've heard that they've already transplanted a brain into different monkeys, so that might be another option,

to transplant your brain into a clone when you're really really old...

This way you can be in the driving seat :rofl-lol:

if they can ever cultivate brainless clones without 'public outcry unethical' type scenarios.

Even just a regular clone would be pretty cool though.

Edited by adamac