Axl Rose Chat #6 - mygnrforum - Dec. 14, 2008

thanks axl, much appreciated..i still cant believe all this is happening? must be the best end of a year ever...its crazy, much respect for the old band aswell

please come back again...its soooooooo kool of you, and thanks for answering my question about traci etc

if you dont come back on before christmas, have a great one

rock2

No offense, but Axl sounds bitter as fuck. Especially about Slash. We're supposed to believe that everything that has happened is someone else's fault and EVERYTHING we've been told about him are all lies.

I think the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

People love sayin' that middle trip. Easy to say but not so easy to prove.

Unfortunately it's not in the middle and I can back up every last line in my bit or I wouldn't be here.

You love his work and whatever else. More power to you!

And no, I'm not bitter at least in the sense of how you used it conveys. Felt good gettin' some of that off my chest and as I said that's just the tip.

If that's your honest impression it's definitely not rose colored lenses you're wearing. And I looked up the definition of bitter once in a pocket dictionary and got "having anger at something unjust or evil". I'm not angry but when I am with this particular someone who I thought was once my friend... the definition fits.

Can you please explain Paul Tobias being dubbed over Slash's parts on GNR's "Sympathy For The Devil" cover?

Everyone always cites that as the start of the breakup.

I know its a tough subject to cover Axl, but what are your feelings at this very moment towards Slash?

Im sure you wish him well and all but are you as upset about things as much as you were when he left?

P.S. You and your lyrics have helped me through so much. I want to personally thank you for your work and despite what anyone says, you have helped me and so many other people. Thanks!

Edited by Syk

Axl i honestly believe you have no reason to talk shit to us. I honestly do hope you feel better getting that out. It must have been fucking hard to do.

I'm fucking pissed that i paid money to meet $la$h, Duff and erm Matt.. I was nice to meet my heroes but to me they are no longer heroes. I've seen another side today and i will remember that forever. I always believed deep down there was more to it but it became hard to believe in yourself and GNR when nothing happened for years. I can only imagine how shit it all was for you. Bring on the future!

Merry Fuckin Christmas :xmasssanta:

Jeeeesus christ and the wall of text! I just spent the last 25 minutes reading that and it cleared a lot of things although my mind is far from clear atm. Probably have to read it again tomorrow, it's 1.30am here so I'm a little tired. But still, that was super-interesting and kind of depressing too; the shit that has gone down over the last 20 years is awful, and the pressure and all Axl is faced must be huge, thank god he didn't gave in. ;)

Thanks Axl for this, it must have been a tough thing to do but I hope it let off some steam and there's more stuff you can tell us about in the future! :xmasssanta:

Axl paints this picture that Slash is some egotistical control freak while he just sat back and watched everything happen

How ironic. I don't think that's the picture he paints at all - If anything, I think that's the picture that Slash has been painting of him for so many years.

Baffles me that after all of these years, when Slash's doing the finger pointing with no factual foundation - you had nothing to say. Now that Axl responds, - here you are saying that it can't be true.

One of the many things Axl does greatly in, is he knows how to explain the exact actions of one's choosing.

No offense, but Axl sounds bitter as fuck. Especially about Slash. We're supposed to believe that everything that has happened is someone else's fault and EVERYTHING we've been told about him are all lies.

I think the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

People love sayin' that middle trip. Easy to say but not so easy to prove.

Unfortunately it's not in the middle and I can back up every last line in my bit or I wouldn't be here.

You love his work and whatever else. More power to you!

And no, I'm not bitter at least in the sense of how you used it conveys. Felt good gettin' some of that off my chest and as I said that's just the tip.

If that's your honest impression it's definitely not rose colored lenses you're wearing. And I looked up the definition of bitter once in a pocket dictionary and got "having anger at something unjust or evil". I'm not angry but when I am with this particular someone who I thought was once my friend... the definition fits.

If you can prove everything then I will fully admit how right you are. But then again, how would you go about proving it all to us? It's kind of an empty statement because there's no time or resources to present the tapes/documents to prove to every Guns fan that what you're saying is the truth. So we just have to believe it or not believe it.

Axl, I'm not calling you a liar. I think there's plenty of truth in what you're saying. But you're trying to pin basically EVERY SINGLE THING that has happened over the years on Slash or the media and shit like that. Only truly gullible fucks or people who are just too excited about you being here to question you are going to believe that.

Thank you for posting anyway. It's really cool to come do this and you still kick ass in my book, even if I do like Slash a little more.

Nah, if you actually payed a little attention to the initial post, you can easily tell that bitterness and resentment does exist purely because of this "loss of friendship" or whatnot but not in a manner so that blame is directed at that particular someone.

You interpreted blame, but most of us who actually payed attention, interpreted bitterness in the sense Axl had just explained it.

I don't know man, I'm not Axl fucking Rose.

But I think you should just pay a little attention on the concrete, and focuss more on understanding rather than jumping to conclusions that you may find a little comforting.

I read slash's book recently and reading through it , i felt it was kinda incomplete , bits here n there omitted , he may have no lied as much as he omited bits and piece's that didint fit his messege and this post really fills the gaps and give the unbiased whole image which is really kool.

(I didint mean it that way, that really hurt)

Edited by Assassin's Creed

If you can prove everything then I will fully admit how right you are. But then again, how would you go about proving it all to us? It's kind of an empty statement because there's no time or resources to present the tapes/documents to prove to every Guns fan that what you're saying is the truth. So we just have to believe it or not believe it.

Axl, I'm not calling you a liar. I think there's plenty of truth in what you're saying. But you're trying to pin basically EVERY SINGLE THING that has happened over the years on Slash or the media and shit like that. Only truly gullible fucks or people who are just too excited about you being here to question you are going to believe that.

Thank you for posting anyway. It's really cool to come do this and you still kick ass in my book, even if I do like Slash a little more.

I don't think this is something that can ever really be proven, people will simply make up their own minds about the opposing versions of the story.

Saying that, now that we have both sides, I think it's something that should really be put to rest, by everyone. It's obviously been continually messy and aggravating for Axl especially, and it would be really nice if everyone could just move on with what they're doing now, and stop throwing insults around.

Based on what Axl wrote though, regardless of who's at fault, it seems Slash for one is just simply not willing to let it lie =/

Guest RonMexico82

Wow that was quite the read Axl. Thanks for sharing your side of the story with us, it was BADLY NEEDED. Is it fair to say that the trappings of fame and fortune(greed and ego's) and lawyers and business men (out to take advantage) are the real villains in all of this?

omg @ all the posts...

first before axl posted on this board it was pretty much 50 / 50, one group of slash fans who believed everything slash said, and one group of axl fans... and now is suddenly everyone convinced and believes axl?

i wonder how long it takes till ppl change their minds again...

prob right after axl logs out...

btw, it's not that hard to convince fans

----------

anyway, i think that these 2 things are some very important facts if they are true

When Guns renegotiated our contract with Geffen I had the bit about the name added in as protection for myself as I had come up with the name and then originally started the band with it. It had more to do with management than the band as our then manager was always tryin’ to convince someone they should fire me.
But when the reality of the breakup hit and the strategy to have me crawl back was put into play Slash had to save face and get business team and public support. Painting me as the one who held a crowd hostage forcing the others to sign over the name worked out pretty well in that regard. I’m the bad guy and Duff, the fans and most importantly himself were the victims. Oh and they had actually made the sacrifice for the crowd, the people, the fans at the show. But again…. IT NEVER HAPPENED.
Edited by AzraelFenris