Axl Rose Chat #6 - mygnrforum - Dec. 14, 2008

Everything is illuminated! Awesome post Axl.

It's an almost religious experience to have you go into the issue in such an in-depth manner for the first time, here on a GNR fan forum rather than in an interview for some big shot music magazine etc. That warrants an enormous amount of respect.

By the way - your music totally saved my fucking life! I took up guitar and drums mainly because of "November Rain", and it's really had a positive effect on my life.

Edited by Ode to Axl

Very insightful. It was extremely cool that you took so much time to explain your side on this - Great to see!

I think it's definitely helped everyone put things in perspective and look at a much big picture than we did in the past. Thank you for that.

I do have a question though... I realize there's been a lot of bitter words and feelings on both sides, but I just wondered if you ever think the day might come where you and Slash could mend fences -- NOT necessarily to make music again, but just to be friends again. It seems very sad that two people, who were once so close and shared this amazing time in their lives together - could be estranged forever. I hope you guys can someday come together as friends again. :heart:

Totally totally totally agree.

Please axl answer this one. :)

Thanks.

Very insightful. It was extremely cool that you took so much time to explain your side on this - Great to see!

I think it's definitely helped everyone put things in perspective and look at a much big picture than we did in the past. Thank you for that.

I do have a question though... I realize there's been a lot of bitter words and feelings on both sides, but I just wondered if you ever think the day might come where you and Slash could mend fences -- NOT necessarily to make music again, but just to be friends again. It seems very sad that two people, who were once so close and shared this amazing time in their lives together - could be estranged forever. I hope you guys can someday come together as friends again. :heart:

Totally totally totally agree.

Please axl answer this one. :)

Thanks.

I'd like to hear Axl's view on this also.

It just seems like such a shame.

A truly fascinating insight. What you say actually does make a lot of sense.

I'm not sure as to what you were trying to say about the whole 'Slash-Guitar Hero' thing though? Are you saying there was a problem with the game representing Slash playing 'Jungle' in it or something? Sorry if I'm just reading into it wrong but I just wasn't quite sure as to what you were getting at. :P

Anyway, Thanks for this Ax, and have a great Christmas! :xmassrudolph:

Seems to be in response to my question:

Since you own the name, does it bother you at all when you see or hear things like "Slash of Guns N' Roses" and that he's still well recognized as one of the faces of the band?
Edited by Patience 4 Axl

Thanks for this Axl, I really appreciate it. Im a hardcore guns fan and you came here to Boston November 8th, 2006, and will never forget that night, it was late I think I slept for a little of the show but I would do it all over again any time, any place. So thanks for all that wonderful music you give me, and that wonderful night any many more to come.

You are my number one role model, and this last week in school I had to choose someone who influenced american culture and I wrote about you.

Axl i honestly believe you have no reason to talk shit to us. I honestly do hope you feel better getting that out. It must have been fucking hard to do.

I'm fucking pissed that i paid money to meet $la$h, Duff and erm Matt.. I was nice to meet my heroes but to me they are no longer heroes. I've seen another side today and i will remember that forever. I always believed deep down there was more to it but it became hard to believe in yourself and GNR when nothing happened for years. I can only imagine how shit it all was for you. Bring on the future!

Merry Fuckin Christmas :xmasssanta:

It's really cool that Axl answers questions from fans, really. But you don't have to drink his words like a blind sheep...

"$la$h" ? Why the fuck do you write his name like that?

Slash, Duff, Izzy, Matt, Buckethead, Finck, Brain, and probably others that I forget, all left the band....they're all evil? I don't think so...

Fact: they all left because of one guy......

Anyway, it's really cool that Axl gives us his side of the story and I hope he'll continue posting.

I know its a tough subject to cover Axl, but what are your feelings at this very moment towards Slash?

Im sure you wish him well and all but are you as upset about things as much as you were when he left?

P.S. You and your lyrics have helped me through so much. I want to personally thank you for your work and despite what anyone says, you have helped me and so many other people. Thanks!

I think we should combine my question with yours Madison.

So Axl, what are your feelings at this very moment towards Slash and is there a chance of the two of just becoming friends again?

That was a great read. Nice to see your end of the story and share it with your fans. Not many celebrities to take the time to explain everything on a message board directly to their fans.

To be honest I love both you and Slash. It sucks everything went dry for your guys way back in Halifax in the 80's as you said since that's where I'm from haha.

You have my backing 100% backing with the new gnr. I was skeptical at first until I seen what you guys could do in 01 and then when you guys became so tight in 06 with Robin and Ron and everyone.

And I think it's important you don't worry about what a few "fans" say in reaction to you. There's always going to be the few fans that are going diss on you no matter what. But just know there is a lot of us GNR fans that are going to be behind you no matter what and you'll see us at all the concerts.

Anyways I hope to see you guys sometime in the new year in concert or on tv!

Axl, I hope you'll be starting more of these topics in time (one with a set subject, and we ask questions based around that). As despite some people not sticking to the topic, the volume of the response you gave has made this a big success, at least from my point of view. It's really cleared up any uncertainties about the ownership of the Guns name and I think this is a good way for you to give your side of the story on stuff that you want to talk about.

I second these feelings.

Slash said in an interview a few years back that he was on the verge of killing himself after Axl wouldn't even look at him in the studio.

Axl - were you home when Slash came to your house a few years back? Why wouldn't you at least hear the guy out?

Life's way too short for you to never talk with the guy again. He clearly has some desire to sort things out with you, and I honestly think you have it in your heart to catch up with the guy...as a person. Not as the "negatively seductive" band member who you disagreed with.

It's the holiday season - I don't want a reunion, I just want you guys to have closure.

Call Marc Canter and get Slash's number. Wish him a Happy Holidays and go from there.

We believe in you.

:)

I have to say I agree with Othafa on alot of things. Its not that I don't appreciate everything you've done music wise as well as reaching out to your fans in the last few days Axl, but do you really expect us to believe that not one thing that happened with the band was at all your fault? That it is all Slash's fault? I understand that you have bitter feelings towards him, but placing the blame squarely on his shoulders?

I'm not trying to start shit or anything but its like when your parents get divorced and they tell you lies and you don't know who to believe. I think that alot of what you say and alot of what Slash says is true, but I really can't truly believe one side over another, and either way, I still love you both.

I know its probably extremely difficult for you to talk about this matter but it would be cool as hell if you and Slash reconciled. If it is not to be, thats totally understandable, but I know the fans would love it!

Once again, thank you so much for extending yourself out there to your fans. "What this means to me is more than I know you'd believe."

Keep on rocking Axe man you have and always will be the best frontman ever.

Axl i honestly believe you have no reason to talk shit to us. I honestly do hope you feel better getting that out. It must have been fucking hard to do.

I'm fucking pissed that i paid money to meet $la$h, Duff and erm Matt.. I was nice to meet my heroes but to me they are no longer heroes. I've seen another side today and i will remember that forever. I always believed deep down there was more to it but it became hard to believe in yourself and GNR when nothing happened for years. I can only imagine how shit it all was for you. Bring on the future!

Merry Fuckin Christmas :xmasssanta:

It's really cool that Axl answers questions from fans, really. But you don't have to drink his words like a blind sheep...

"$la$h" ? Why the fuck do you write his name like that?

Slash, Duff, Izzy, Matt, Buckethead, Finck, Brain, and probably others that I forget, all left the band....they're all evil? I don't think so...

Fact: they all left because of one guy......

Anyway, it's really cool that Axl gives us his side of the story and I hope he'll continue posting.

Fact: One man ALWAYS stayed.

Not to necessarily blame people who left, but if there's this person all the time,it's juct bcuz he wanted this more,thus deserves more.

I hope they can too. :(

Quite frankly, I think both Axl and Slash are telling their versions of what they believe to be the truth, which is cool. I just wish they could both get past it and be friends.

Guest RonMexico82

Sometimes it is not as easy as that people. ( I mean waking up and just deciding to all be friends again)

Edited by RonMexico82