White Christmas

MToomey79

So the GNR version of White Christmas that's been on the internet for years now is said to be a fake. Does anyone know who actually sang it and where it really came from?

Merry Christmas!

I have never seen a band member confirm this was not GNR.

So, I'm not sure how you "confirmed" it.

So the GNR version of White Christmas that's been on the internet for years now is said to be a fake.

Actually it's also been years now since it was said to be fake.

In other news even a deaf senior citizen could hear it's not Axl.

So the GNR version of White Christmas that's been on the internet for years now is said to be a fake. Does anyone know who actually sang it and where it really came from?

Merry Christmas!

I have never seen a band member confirm this was not GNR.

So, I'm not sure how you "confirmed" it.

It's actually been posted once who made it. I'm not sure who it was but I'm 100% certain it's been posted.

It has been posted as being a cover by someone named: "Sam Kinnison".

It is clearly not Gn'R - it is that fellow.

Sandman.

I still think it's Axl. Some people have told me that no true GNR fan could think that's Axl...but I do.

It's not Sponge Awareness Society. They have a song called "An Axl Christmas," but it's not White Christmas and the singer doesn't actually impersonate Axl.

I don't think it's Sam Kinison. I can't find even one reference to Kinison singing White Christmas.

I posted on another site that I think it's Axl and some people insulted me. Most people were cool and simply said "No way, not Axl, it's fake," but some were rude. I guess until someone shows me definitive proof that it isn't Axl, I'm going to believe it is. If someone does show me that proof, I will admit I'm wrong and stand corrected.

In any case, we're certainly going to have a white Christmas here in New England. Merry Christmas!

Guest deleted_19765

Not only is this singer's tone of voice different from Axl's, his phrasing and overall approach to singing are not the same at all. Axl wouldn't sing a song like this and turn in the horrible attention whorish performance that this is, he would actually sing the song.

I mean, just listen to "Since I Don't Have You", he doesn't sing:

"IIIII DON'T HAAAAAAVE ANY THING! UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SINCE I DON'T HAVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!"

Which is how this guy would have approached it.

I still think it's Axl. Some people have told me that no true GNR fan could think that's Axl...but I do.

It's not Sponge Awareness Society. They have a song called "An Axl Christmas," but it's not White Christmas and the singer doesn't actually impersonate Axl.

I don't think it's Sam Kinison. I can't find even one reference to Kinison singing White Christmas.

I posted on another site that I think it's Axl and some people insulted me. Most people were cool and simply said "No way, not Axl, it's fake," but some were rude. I guess until someone shows me definitive proof that it isn't Axl, I'm going to believe it is. If someone does show me that proof, I will admit I'm wrong and stand corrected.

In any case, we're certainly going to have a white Christmas here in New England. Merry Christmas!

Uhh, listen to the song and you'll hear a "Aaahhhh"

Not only is this singer's tone of voice different from Axl's, his phrasing and overall approach to singing are not the same at all. Axl wouldn't sing a song like this and turn in the horrible attention whorish performance that this is, he would actually sing the song.

I mean, just listen to "Since I Don't Have You", he doesn't sing:

"IIIII DON'T HAAAAAAVE ANY THING! UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SINCE I DON'T HAVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!"

Which is how this guy would have approached it.

Right, but this is only a demo. I'm sure there were demos of Since I Don't Have You that sound wretched compared to the final product. I would say if you listen closely toward the end, when he sings the last verse, "And may all your Christmases be white," we can hear that it is Axl.

I think it's him, possibly fooling around in the studio after a day of recording with a sore throat and not taking himself very seriously. I could very well be wrong, and I know I am greatly outnumbered, but that's my opinion.