Third single Street of Dreams (new picture page10)

You just have to understand how often people (used to) post fake artwork, etc.; I guess I've become more cynical. Wasn't intended as an insult towards you. I think as Allen said, at this point it wouldn't make sense to be creating fakes anymore.

That being said, I have to say, I think the artwork is pretty shoddy looking...

I know the GnR fans are used to a lot of bs...i know its hard to believe stuff. I also was surprised when this showed up at the the record company, since noone was taoling about a new single...but hey, it is here...i dont know it it is the right choice or not...and we desperatly need a video!

Trixareforkids - yes, there is a promotional cd for Better. Its like the CD promotional cd, but the cover is in black.

How is the radio edit differ from the full version

Edited by gnr-dave

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just have to understand how often people (used to) post fake artwork, etc.; I guess I've become more cynical. Wasn't intended as an insult towards you. I think as Allen said, at this point it wouldn't make sense to be creating fakes anymore.

I know the GnR fans are used to a lot of bs...i know its hard to believe stuff. I also was surprised when this showed up at the the record company, since noone was taoling about a new single...but hey, it is here...i dont know it it is the right choice or not...and we desperatly need a video!

Trixareforkids - yes, there is a promotional cd for Better. Its like the CD promotional cd, but the cover is in black.

What is with hte radio edit, what is differnet

It's 20 seconds shorter according to those photographs. Seems a little pointless...

Edited by ARC

It's 20 seconds shorted according to those photographs. Seems a little pointless...

No right, but I mean is the solo cut, is the ending part cut.

It's 20 seconds shorted according to those photographs. Seems a little pointless...

The piano part in the beggining is cut short about 11 seconds. And the piano part around 3.37 only has 4 or 5 seconds.

Not sure releasing a song that has essentially been floating out there in one form or another for 8 years now is a very prudent idea. If it fails to catch on like CD and Better that is it for singles off this album, and if you're going to go down at least do it with something reasonably fresh. His vocals sound kind of whiney on the finish track, and I just don't see rock radio eating it up. Top 40 doesn't play GNR tunes, so I don't know how the song catches a big foothold out there. TWAT would have the best shot at making some headway on rock radio, as it is probably the best guitar song on the album and Axl sounds pretty good.

I actually always thought madagascar could have been a good single were it not for the quotes in the center replaced by a killer guitar solo. In its current form though radio wouldn't touch it, which is a shame considering the song constructed differently probably could have been pretty successful.

I believe it. The artwork is obviously stylized, which is why it looks the way it does. The picture came out a bit blurry, otherwise we'd be able to read the text more clearly. I agree that the title on front looks like it was pasted on, but the background colour just might make that pop a bit, and the camera may have something to do with that effect as well. The writing on the back of the cover though looks real. The parts in white look a bit pasted on, but not the parts in red. I bet this will end up being real but if it's fake I don't care.

Assuming it's real though, this actually looks like a single they might push a little bit with the music buying public, what with the artwork and all. But probably not.

I call fake. Take a Picture with a high res camera or something. A 5th grader could do that in paint.

i can take a picture with higher resolution...but i dont know how to upload it to the forum, and i dont know if it will be to heavy to upload

http://tinypic.com/

Should be self explanatory really.

Use the IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards link, copy and paste it into your reply here, should be fine.

The piano part in the beggining is cut short about 11 seconds. And the piano part around 3.37 only has 4 or 5 seconds.

thanks i believe you

i don see why you would lie

The women in that picture looks like Bai Ling, I am sure of it. I will find out if she had anything to do with it. I will let you guys know when I do.

It looks like her, but it also looks like the same person that is on the music videos on gunsnroses.us youtube channel.

phew! well, that is a relief. i was really hoping they didn't cut out axl singing "what i tell ya" out of the outro. that part of the song is really special to me. it took the demo - which was just average - and turned the song into an almost angelic experience.

phew! well, that is a relief. i was really hoping they didn't cut out axl singing "what i tell ya" out of the outro. that part of the song is really special to me. it took the demo - which was just average - and turned the song into an almost angelic experience.

A-HA! I knew You secretly loved NU GNR! :rofl-lol:

Seriously, how does the radio version sound? I mean do the changes seem to improve the flow of the song for radio?

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by IRS2008

Please upload the "radio edit," that will make us all believe you.

no. please don't. it will only spoil the official release that some of us are so eagerly anticipating. this isn't what axl would want, guys. it's not the way he intended for us to hear this.

Edited by Hell_Hound

no. please don't. it will only spoil the official release that some of us are so eagerly anticipating. this isn't what axl would want, guys. it's not the way he intended us to hear this.

All it supposedly has is a 20 second cut, are you serious?

That's what I was going to suggest. If I'm correct, it is not a violation of the forum rules because the radio edit is not actually for sale. I might be wrong about that though..

A8R

no. please don't. it will only spoil the official release that some of us are so eagerly anticipating. this isn't what axl would want, guys. it's not the way he intended for us to hear this.

Well most of CD was put out before and that was pretty much most of the album.

I agree.. This time it feels so wrong. :confused: