Slash's Twitter update discussion thread

Wando

He's deffiantly trying to reach a broad audience obviously. That's cool, props to him for being open to everything.

That is not new news. If you look at the list of people he has worked with over the years, it totally blows a whole in the "Slash didn't want to evolve, he just wanted to play the same rock song over and over" myth that has been propogated among a segment of GNR fans over the years. He has worked with people across almost every genre except country, so it is hard to say he is not open to different styles.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's deffiantly trying to reach a broad audience obviously. That's cool, props to him for being open to everything.

That is not new news. If you look at the list of people he has worked with over the years, it totally blows a whole in the "Slash didn't want to evolve, he just wanted to play the same rock song over and over" myth that has been propogated among a segment of GNR fans over the years. He has worked with people across almost every genre except country, so it is hard to say he is not open to different styles.

Yep, although I think he somewhat recently played Guitar on a country guys track if I'm not mistaken. So pretty much every genre.

he said was he was in the studio working on a track with Adam Levine (lead singer of Maroon 5).

I'm not saying you're lying....... but I sincerely hope you are.....!

LA

Ha, yeah it didn't sound like a great idea to me at first either, but I got faith in Slash. If done right it could be pretty cool and also it would attract quite a bit of attention since his band is pretty popular these days.

Maroon 5 aint THAT bad.. not their greatest fan but i think they have somethin unusual about them..

^^ Slash left you a message himself?

No it was like a text message and then you call a number where he had left a message. Although he is apparently calling people personally as well, but I haven't got a call yet.

he said was he was in the studio working on a track with Adam Levine (lead singer of Maroon 5).

I'm not saying you're lying....... but I sincerely hope you are.....!

LA

Ha, yeah it didn't sound like a great idea to me at first either, but I got faith in Slash. If done right it could be pretty cool and also it would attract quite a bit of attention since his band is pretty popular these days.

Hi,

Do you know someone that Slash has called personally?

Covered a killer song today that's going to surprise a lot of folks. Fuck its been busy!

I hope there is no more than one cover on the album. I'm surprised he's even doing one.

Maybe this cover song is being done because the artist he is working with wants it? Anyway I hope that most of the cd is original also.

Covered a killer song today that's going to surprise a lot of folks. Fuck its been busy!

I hope there is no more than one cover on the album. I'm surprised he's even doing one.

Oh god no, please don't let it be Sweet Child O' Mine or any amazing GnR song..

^ Cant see that happening.... ever..

LA

if he were playing any old Guns song, he wouldn't call it a cover. He'd say 'I played one of my old songs' or something.

In the studio now, this is fucking awesome!

41 minutes ago from txt

Latest from Twitter

if he were playing any old Guns song, he wouldn't call it a cover. He'd say 'I played one of my old songs' or something.

Agreed and old GNR song would not be considered a cover by Slash because it is already his song.

What if Slash did a cover of Chinese Democracy?

:confused::shocked::unsure::scared: but also.... :drevil:

Yeah right with Axl as the guest vocalist. They worded out the arrangement together after they shared Christmas dinner with each other. Just kidding I liked your post. :rofl-lol:

Edited by sleeper