Freddie Mercury Concert

How awesome was Axl....unbelievable. I've heard it before (from Matt or Slash) but it was one of Axl's greatest moments. He absolutely killed with Elton John. Very cool to see it again. Just shows how awesome of a live performer he is. AXL- PLEASE tour again.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean this?...

Best Axl moment ever.

I prefer

. His snake dance strut out onto the stage best captures his unique stage presence, imo. When I was first getting into GN'R, before the days of YouTube, that clip was always predominant on the P2P servers - it was one of the first "GN'R" clips I ever downloaded and used to watch it all the time. The energy is immense.

Pity about the biker shorts, though.

Definitely one of the best Axl Rose moments ever!! Both Bo Raph and WWRY, just awesome!

It's a bit funny though.. When we think about that when he watched Live Aid he said he never would've bothered do anything like that. And 6 years later he is one of the persons who really wanted Queen to do something like that for Freddie, and was a big part of it.. :P

Yep, it shows how amazing a presence Axl is on stage when he really has his heart and soul into it.

I would assume Axl watches old movies, like any person would, but I bet it's also bittersweet for him. Sometimes you can't recreate that ever again, so that must be sad, but then again, at least he had it once and that's something to smile about.

Axl is a true showman on stage. I just don't understand why he doesn't tour much anymore. Who wouldn't want to feel that way more often and have all your fans supporting you and singing your lyrics back to you. It's gotta be a rush like no other.

It was a great show, everyone sounded great. There was very little from that show I didn't enjoy.

Metallica's set

Extreme's Queen medley

Slash with Queen on Tie Your Mother Down

Def Leppard with Brian May

George Michael doing '39 and Somebody To Love

Seal's Who Wants To Live Forever

GNR's set.

shit, even Paul Young did good, crowd tottally made that song with the sea of hands.

I've never seen such a moving musical experience like the one Axl & Elton put on for Bohemian Rhapsody. It truely was one of Axl's shining moments like you said... Shivers down the spine!

And boy, George Michael's Somebody to Love was probably spectacle of his career.

That concert was outa this world, too much love man.

Edited by JesusisSavior

Honestly not a fan of when they did Bohemian. I think they should have had a pre-recorded live version like they did with Paul Rodgers, let Bowie sing it (He could more so than anyone else on the bill), or leave it out. Overall I love the concert, but a few songs just made me cringe, namely Bohemian, Under Pressure (Didn't like Annie Lennox on it), and '39 (No reason Brian May couldn't have sung it)

Honestly not a fan of when they did Bohemian. I think they should have had a pre-recorded live version like they did with Paul Rodgers, let Bowie sing it (He could more so than anyone else on the bill), or leave it out. Overall I love the concert, but a few songs just made me cringe, namely Bohemian, Under Pressure (Didn't like Annie Lennox on it), and '39 (No reason Brian May couldn't have sung it)

I don't understand why Brian doesn't sung it either.. Would love him to! But I'm sure there is a reason. IMO Annie Lennox did a great job at Under Pressure, actually it was pretty awesome!

It's a shame Elton John did not do The Show Must Go On very good that night... I believe he was having vocal problems at the time.

He performed the same song with Queen in 1997 (last performance with Brian, John and Roger together) and did alot better.

I don't understand why Brian doesn't sung it either.. Would love him to! But I'm sure there is a reason. IMO Annie Lennox did a great job at Under Pressure, actually it was pretty awesome!

I dunno, maybe her stage appearance ruins Under Pressure for me. But it boggles me that they let George Michael sing a Brian-vocal song. At least he didn't butcher Somebody To Love.

IMO the best performance of the night is either All The Young Dudes, "Heroes", I Want It All, or Hammer To Fall (Gary Cherone was made for that song!)

I dunno, maybe her stage appearance ruins Under Pressure for me. But it boggles me that they let George Michael sing a Brian-vocal song. At least he didn't butcher Somebody To Love.

IMO the best performance of the night is either All The Young Dudes, "Heroes", I Want It All, or Hammer To Fall (Gary Cherone was made for that song!)

Actually Brian doesn't use to sing it before either.. Freddie always sang it. Don't know why..

I think everyone did a very great job out there.. I like every song with every singer! But my favourites at that concert have to be Bo Raph, I Want It All, Too Much Love Will Kill You and Somebody To Love.

Actually Brian doesn't use to sing it before either.. Freddie always sang it. Don't know why..

I think everyone did a very great job out there.. I like every song with every singer! But my favourites at that concert have to be Bo Raph, I Want It All, Too Much Love Will Kill You and Somebody To Love.

Right, I know Freddie always sang it live, but Brian did the album version, that's what I was referring to. I actually don't like it with Freddie either.