Freddie Mercury Concert

I was watching a DVD of Queen's greatest videos and as a dvd extra, it has Brian May in a recording studio discussing and playing back the multi-tracks of Rhapsody. He said, nobody could sing this (the rock bit) like Freddie, well, except perhaps Axl Rose.

Quite a complement.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only saw the show once and that was quite a few years ago so I don't remember much but what I do remember was that the worst performance was by that tool who sang on my favorite Queen song, Hammer to Fall and sang it as if it were a hair metal song. Axl would have been. Rilliant on that song or someone else with rasp, power and energy like Paul Rodgers (did they do it on the Q+PR tour?).

I was watching a DVD of Queen's greatest videos and as a dvd extra, it has Brian May in a recording studio discussing and playing back the multi-tracks of Rhapsody. He said, nobody could sing this (the rock bit) like Freddie, well, except perhaps Axl Rose.

Quite a complement.

Yes. But he tried and couldn't. :)

Still not the complete thing, Innuendo with Plant is still missing. I have the whole thing for years now. I taped it in a vhs. good ol' times.

Edited by Russel Nash

This was truly one of the all-time great concerts, and a fitting tribute to Freddie. It's pretty pointless to argue about who was the "best", because pretty much everyone was awesome throughout the show. But I've always looked at the performance of Bohemian Rhapsody with Axl and Elton as the highlight of the night. Axl was definitely under extreme pressure at the time due to One in a Million, but he came out and he completely nailed it like the most badass rock star motherfucker on the planet.

about the upcoming official FM92-Tribute Blu-Ray:

"an SD Blu-ray – with upscaled standard definition"

so this aint high definition, why is that???
at least PC + KOHD might be superior quality compared to the circulating Laserdisc and VHS transfers though.