Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

16 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Something really annoys me with this band. It is rather like every single thing they seemingly stood for, or certainly made a big play on the fact (that they stood for such), they have done a complete volte-face on. Remember,

Remember when they said that you could buy one part of Illusion and your friend can buy the other part, and you could each tape your part for the other friend (Geffen must have hated this!)?

Remember,

Was this band replaced at some point with Kiss? 

Oh, I hear ya. And my posting history shows me presenting the same views as you on this matter. I just think theres another dimension in how making up for lost time and revenue figure into recovery. I think the mistake is how they did that - they seem to have handed over the keys to Guns to LN and its related Branding people. They could've made these embarrassing riches without pricing anyone out of shows - which would fill in those empty seats at most shows. They dont need to sell travel bags and all that junk. They could repackage all previous works with actual cool stuff, release old docs, etc. But theyve trusted the machinery too much with their legacy to achieve their financial goals. Again goals that people who actually care about the art and rock fans wouldve found other avenues to achieve.

5 minutes ago, soon said:

I think he is some sorta white witch, maybe? Perhaps Wiccan with a heavy dose of Esotericism? All that is well represented in rock culture with Led Zeppelin, Sabbath, Rainbow, etc. But Niven's taken it to a whole other extreme!

I know this type of imaginerie on RnR exist, but as you said he is extreme and for my is extremist😈

• Like 1

"You got to make a living with what you bring yourself to sell"

I don't think Guns were ever anti- business or money but they didn't want to be told what to do. 

I kind of remember Axl telling us to take business classes early on. He was always into the artwork and business side of videos and touring in the UYI era. 

It always felt like they were trying really hard to be successful but completely failing to the point that you could mistake it for trying to fight the power. It didn't seem like the well oiled machine it does to me. 

Edited by wasted

I think too many people confuse the fact that wanting to make money automatically makes you a sell out or "corporate" or now part of the establishment. 

Guns in its early days was always anti establishment and always wanted to maintain control of their own destiny and not answer to anyone. 

Where it falls down though is how they've gone about it. 

They could easily have made their millions through NITL by lowering the costs in tickets and getting more people through the gate. However they've taken the LN up front cash per show and let LN dictate the rest. 

So at the end of the day, they deserve to be millionaires many times over, I'm certainly not denying them that, but as others have pointed out, there was ways they could have made up for lost earnings than to do what they've done which is effectively whore the brand out for anyone, and everything at a price. 

On 6/4/2018 at 10:17 PM, tifalucis said:

kinda disappointed that he let Mae become that kind of model at such a young age, even let herself get some job done on her face. And she's not even 18 yet.

and I think Grace is channeling her inner Courtney Love there, but since she's no Courtney Love, it becomes cringey instead.

Mae has had plastic surgery done?

5 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Mae has had plastic surgery done?

I think she did because I was puzzled looking at her younger photos before she started her modelling career to her photos for last 2 years and after I mentioned that, I checked her instagram and Idk, maybe the make up is the factor too, but she now looks more like Dua Lipa than Mae Mckagan.

It’s not a big job tho, I think she’s done eyebrow lifting and lip filler.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tifalucis said:

I think she did because I was puzzled looking at her younger photos before she started her modelling career to her photos for last 2 years and after I mentioned that, I checked her instagram and Idk, maybe the make up is the factor too, but she now looks more like Dua Lipa than Mae Mckagan.

It’s not a big job tho, I think she’s done eyebrow lifting and lip filler.

The lip filler I can definitely see.

22 minutes ago, Ratam said:

@Rickodezhis tweet is about Pink ,not about UK QUEEN , first me too thinked was about The QUEEN, but for the comments in Axl twitter people talked about Pink for this hasthag#hollabackgirl.

I think he messed up bc that “holla back girl” it’s from Gwen Stefani, right? :lol:

25 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Yes @Derick i confused everything:facepalm:i already deleted:lol:all Axl blame.

Well, you’re not that wrong, Pink’s Birthday was yesterday so...

Anyway I think he was referring to the Queen Elizabeth, her birthday is in April but the parede celebrating was yesterday or something like that. ;)

5 hours ago, Derick said:

Anyway I think he was referring to the Queen Elizabeth, her birthday is in April but the parede celebrating was yesterday or something like that. ;)

Correct. Her real birthday is on April 21st and the official celebrations take place on June 9th.

Realistically, I think it was just Axl feeling that UK love.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Derick said:

Oh thanks,then if BDay Pink's was yesterday ,this mean i not be many ridicoulous as i thinked about myself...:lol:again thanks 👍

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

what queen is this? why hollaback girl? got no clue :D

Seem is about the Elizabeth Queen ,and hollaback girl is a Gwen Stefany song,but i not know wich is the relation between this song and the Queen☺just Axl know...:lol:

• Haha 2