Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

On 2018-11-27 at 1:16 PM, brig said:

What is "steady"? Is he medicated? Why is that before beta's arrival he had relatively healthy desires such as getting married and starting a family, and post-beta he's gone off the radar? Clearly tb don't want him out of their grasp because god knows who else he clings to like he did with beta and then poof the breadwinner is gone. I don't see tb as his saviors, if anything they twisted and manipulated a mentally fragile man and deprived him of any normality including his half siblings. 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2018 at 5:07 PM, Italian girl said:

omg! what's happening to his face???

To be fair, allegedly, he went through many plastic surgeries to reconstruct his face after his years as a professional boxer.

He left his acting career in the 90’s to become a professional boxer for some years and ended up with a ‘mashed face’.

There was an interview in which he says that he ended up with a bad plastic surgeon and that, in the attempt of reconstructing it, the guy changed his facial features. 

Don’t know if it’s true or if it’s all the truth.

Edited by GingerHair
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Sisyphus said:

A disturbing relationship. Makes me feel bad for Axl. He's so much smarter than that. Or he was at least.

Why is it disturbing, and please use first hand knowledge, not something you've read somewhere...

All the people in the forums who've talked about meeting Beta at the shows had nothing bad to say about her, the consensus seems to be that she's really nice. Then you have all the rumors about "what really goes on" between the Lebeis and Axl, that they are controlling him etc.

I say sensationalism.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Why is it disturbing, and please use first hand knowledge, not something you've read somewhere...

All the people in the forums who've talked about meeting Beta at the shows had nothing bad to say about her, the consensus seems to be that she's really nice. Then you have all the rumors about "what really goes on" between the Lebeis and Axl, that they are controlling him etc.

I say sensationalism.

I've met her 3 times, she's anything but genuinely nice - a good psychologist, tireless hustler who knows what she's doing and protects her place under the sun. She will lose all if Axl wakes up to the reality of his twisted relationship with tb. Wonder why his biological family aren't in his life and what role Sasha plays in all this. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Spirit said:

I say sensationalism.

I have to agree.  Saying TB have some kind of weird control over Axl implies he has reduce mental capabilities.  He certainly doesn't come off as being unable to see things for himself or the type to bend to anyone's control.  I just think people are jealous they aren't that close to Axl and when they see somebody who is, they attack them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spirit said:

All the people in the forums who've talked about meeting Beta at the shows had nothing bad to say about her, the consensus seems to be that she's really nice.

Yeah, because meeting someone outside a hotel for 2 minutes is the best and most appropiate way to figure out everything about them! :lol:

Like, why would Beta be rude and display a not nice behavior with some stranger fans :question:

• Like 1

I'm not sure I understand the ins and outs of Axl and Betas relationship? What are peoples concerns?

I would say that many relationships are symbiotic or transactional. Even marriages. Many relationships have a dominant party. I believe whats important is for people to come to whatever relationship authentically and without manipulation.

I guess some people are concerned because Beta gave Axl an ultimatum after Merck and Axl parted ways? And that's more then fair. But again, even happy marriages can start with an ultimatum. Ultimatums are far from ideal, but they happen.

All these things can be extremely unhealthy and even unsafe. But they also seem to form the backbone of our social fabric. They demonstrably can create happiness and stability. Its tricky I think?

Like I say, I dont know their deal and perhaps others do. Maybe there is cause for concern, such as the rumours that they steered Axl away from a psych eval in 2002? Im not sure. But I do know that non-normative family structures can be offensive to peoples sensibilities, even if on a subconscious level. Nature v Nurture birthing opposition to, or discomfort with, everything from open marriages to same sex marriages, celibacy to polyamory. Interracial relationships are even challenged by some still. If Beta was Axls age would some be talking about a Cinderella story?

I dont know.

Flight Captain Fernando can fuck right off though :lol:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, soon said:

At first I thought it was a bad ass Mogwai Christmas sweater?

Looks like it has roses and maybe pistols, though?

It looks like one of those Gremlins to me too :lol:

But I can see the pistols and roses as well.... maybe it is some sort of Chinese dog :shrugs:

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

It looks like one of those Gremlins to me too :lol:

But I can see the pistols and roses as well.... maybe it is some sort of Chinese dog :shrugs:

New Guns track on Gremlins 3 soundtrack! :lol:

Yeah, maybe a dog. I dont see it on their merch page. Maybe its show specific. I would've been more into a Mogwai Christmas sweater though.

23 minutes ago, soon said:

Yeah, maybe a dog. I dont see it on their merch page. Maybe its show specific.

Could be custom made for the crew only. Fernando also has some jackets that never got commercialized.

53 minutes ago, soon said:

I'm not sure I understand the ins and outs of Axl and Betas relationship? What are peoples concerns?

People's fantasy was that Axl would marry a good looking type of woman and have children and be like.... Duff, for example.
Duff achieved what Axl wanted in the past. Fans wanted that for Axl.

Seeing Beta so close to him makes people suspicious that she's either his 'secret' wife or that she's manipulated him to the point of him not wanting to be in serious relationships anymore.

I think this is all so hard to tell..... because it's not like Axl was a normal guy before and then he turned into this weird guy he is now.

Truth is he ruined his own relationships way before Beta came into the picture. He pushed away all of his women, he mistreated them and turned them away.

That's why it is difficult to judge what is going on in his life. Even though I am suspicious of TB's intentions, I cannot be blind either to the reality of who Axl is.

53 minutes ago, soon said:

If Beta was Axls age would some be talking about a Cinderella story?

What do you mean by this?

Beta is only 8 years older than Axl. Not enough to be his mother.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, soon said:

I would say that many relationships are symbiotic or transactional. Even marriages. Many relationships have a dominant party. I believe whats important is for people to come to whatever relationship authentically and without manipulation.

I guess some people are concerned because Beta gave Axl an ultimatum after Merck and Axl parted ways? And that's more then fair. But again, even happy marriages can start with an ultimatum. Ultimatums are far from ideal, but they happen.

All these things can be extremely unhealthy and even unsafe. But they also seem to form the backbone of our social fabric. They demonstrably can create happiness and stability. Its tricky I think?

Like I say, I dont know their deal and perhaps others do. Maybe there is cause for concern, such as the rumours that they steered Axl away from a psych eval in 2002? Im not sure. But I do know that non-normative family structures can be offensive to peoples sensibilities, even if on a subconscious level. Nature v Nurture birthing opposition to, or discomfort with, everything from open marriages to same sex marriages, celibacy to polyamory. Interracial relationships are even challenged by some still. If Beta was Axls age would some be talking about a Cinderella story?

I dont know.

Flight Captain Fernando can fuck right off though :lol:

You can have great relationship with you family , but when you already are teen , you not want  go in arm with you mother or father, a kid 15 years old would feel ashamed go in arm for the street, different if this pic was shot with his girlfriend or wife.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What do you mean by this?

Beta is only 8 years older than Axl. Not enough to be his mother.

Im not speaking from my perception. People call her his Mom or Nanny sometimes. iirc Cinderella is a rags to riches romance story - so if she was his age or younger and considered a super model, like you said above, would people be more comfortable with the 'she was Seymors nanny' narrative of their relationship? Plus if their relationship were romantic. Would make people more comfortable maybe.

9 minutes ago, Ratam said:

You can have great relationship with you family , but when you already are teen , you not want  go in arm with you mother or father, a kid 15 years old would feel ashamed go in arm for the street, different if this pic was shot with his girlfriend or wife.

I see what you mean. I guess I'm more touchy-feely then because I walk arm in arm with people sometimes, also. I didnt really mean only the picture, but just in general I dont think I understand what peoples concerns for Axl are. But now I can understand better where people are coming from, thanks.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, soon said:

Im not speaking from my perception. People call her his Mom or Nanny sometimes. iirc Cinderella is a rags to riches romance story - so if she was his age or younger and considered a super model, like you said above, would people be more comfortable with the 'she was Seymors nanny' narrative of their relationship? Plus if their relationship were romantic. Would make people more comfortable maybe.

I see what you mean. I guess I'm more touchy-feely then because I walk arm in arm with people sometimes, also. I didnt really mean only the picture, but just in general I dont think I understand what peoples concerns for Axl are. But now I can understand better where people are coming from, thanks.

The fact that she was a nanny and abandoned her principal (Stephanie's son) to work for Axl is a strong indication of lack of maternal instinct for which he treasures her.

The fact that she's an opportunistic gold-digger is evident. Their creepy relationship would be more accepted if they'd been married, because really Axl doesn't need a supermodel and he would have a much healthier relationship with a woman of average looks and superior emotional intelligence. 

Lastly, how on earth does the very intellectually challenged fernando with zero corporate sense run the biggest band in the world?! Why not Duff's daughters then?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, soon said:

Ok.

Yes, like you said before, a relationship out of the norm is what makes noise in people's head. This is that kind of relationship..... they both go around saying she is his 'mother', even though she's not old enough to be his mother and even though we all know he did have a mother before.

Would people feel more comfortable if they confessed they have a romantic relationship? Ahhh.... haha... knowing GN'R fans, they wouldn't be happy either! Even if she was his age or younger, they'd accuse her of something, for sure :P

To answer your questions, I think it is a mix of people not understanding this whole 'mother' thing and the fact that he seems VERY dependent from them. People are always suspicious of men and women who are not married and do not have children.

2 hours ago, brig said:

The fact that she was a nanny and abandoned her principal (Stephanie's son) to work for Axl is a strong indication of lack of maternal instinct for which he treasures her.

Where do you get your information from? :lol:

She didn't 'abandon' Dylan (that was not her son to be abandoned, hey!). Stephanie let go of her services and thus, she was jobless. Axl learned of this and hired her.

Also, lack of maternal instinct? The woman has three children and several grandchildren by now!

Plus the big manchild that Axl is.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 3