Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

39 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

It didn't start with Trump and it didn't start in 2016, however Trump and his administation by all accounts are doing as good of a job handling the situation as DJ Ashba did playing the Patience outro live

Or the scom intro.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

If you want to learn more about it, I'd suggest you search "internalized racism". It is a real phenomenon for certain.

Black on black violence also doesn't seem to get much attention.

26 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Are you serious??? I'm 43 years old. I have lived through the eras of President Reagan, George HW Bush, Clinton, George W. Bush, and Obama. I didn't agree with Reagan nor the Bushes on somethings. The Bushes did help sign into law  the Americans with Disabilities Act  and help maintain it when the Republican Party tried to water it down.  With that being said, at least those  5 Presidents  led in times of a crisis. They were able to reach out to all Americans. Trump has not  done that. He has  continued to try to divide Americans and ONLY reach out to his base. General Mattis nailed it this past week  with his statement. If Trump gets reelected in November, I will be deeply concerned as to what  will become of the United States. 

It's hip and cool to hate on Trump.

I'm an educated millennial, been in a long and fruitful career, tax payer, etc. etc. and even I see the bullshit with politics. I'm not a democrat, or a republican either. I don't like Trump, and have significant problems with some of his beliefs, actions, and actions while in office, but I'd take him over Hillary and voted accordingly, and I'll take him again over Biden. Biden's only chance at this point due to a sympathy vote. 

The world isn't as black and white as many try to make it out to be. Most issues are very complex, most of which have no real solution, except for time, and decades. With time comes change. Nothing we do is going to change anything significant during our time here. But the little things do add up over time. In the meantime, I'll enjoy my stay here out in the country, where no one fucks with anyone for the most part, and people are happy. 

Edited by Sweersa
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Black on black violence also doesn't seem to get much attention.

The person who is considered Jesus of this BLM movement beat a pregnant woman up. She was also black if that should matter to anyone (I have personally been led to believe all lives should matter but irrespective)? The loony left's moral compass is totally distorted when somebody who beat a pregnant woman up can be lionised as a martyr figure.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Are you serious??? I'm 43 years old. I have lived through the eras of President Reagan, George HW Bush, Clinton, George W. Bush, and Obama. I didn't agree with Reagan nor the Bushes on somethings. The Bushes did help sign into law  the Americans with Disabilities Act  and help maintain it when the Republican Party tried to water it down.  With that being said, at least those  5 Presidents  led in times of a crisis. They were able to reach out to all Americans. Trump has not  done that. He has  continued to try to divide Americans and ONLY reach out to his base. General Mattis nailed it this past week  with his statement. If Trump gets reelected in November, I will be deeply concerned as to what  will become of the United States. 

Well said

• GNFNR 1

51 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

It's hip and cool to hate on Trump.

I'm an educated millennial, been in a long and fruitful career, tax payer, etc. etc. and even I see the bullshit with politics. I'm not a democrat, or a republican either. I don't like Trump, and have significant problems with some of his beliefs, actions, and actions while in office, but I'd take him over Hillary and voted accordingly, and I'll take him again over Biden. Biden's only chance at this point due to a sympathy vote. 

The world isn't as black and white as many try to make it out to be. Most issues are very complex, most of which have no real solution, except for time, and decades. With time comes change. Nothing we do is going to change anything significant during our time here. But the little things do add up over time. In the meantime, I'll enjoy my stay here out in the country, where no one fucks with anyone for the most part, and people are happy. 

I don't know what to tell you. For me, 2020 proves that the office of the President of the United States of America is above and beyond Trump's head and abilities.  

I also have a different perspective since I have a disability. As a kid of the 80s to today, I have fought against people like Trump who have  made fun of people with disabilities and have discriminated against people with disabilities. It's not just hip and cool to hate Trump for me.  

Lastly, I have read  his book and attended a few of speaking events in the 2000s. He comes off as being a bit of a jerk who thinks he knows it all but doesn't. He was very fortunate this he was born with a silver spoon. 

Edited by Draguns
typo
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

You do realize it's not just about Floyd but that his death represents the systematic racism black people are going through in the states? His death was the tip of the iceberg that made people say: enough is enough. And even if he wasn't a perfect person - what gives you the right as a white person to talk down the movement? Maybe it's just the fact you're not so fond of black people in general? It's obvious that that's the case.

If critical and not ''towing the line'', it doesn't take long for somebody to accuse you of being ''racist'' - and you have just amply demonstrated that so thank you very much.

2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Ultimately though, the arresting officers' job wasn't to be the judge, jury, and executioner of this guy regardless of his past - they were there to figure out the situation that particular day and detain him if need be so that the legal system can do it's thing.  

So when you say the moral compass of the left is distorted, I don't agree with that assertion.  The protests are not about "George was a good man his whole life" but rather "George and many other people had their lives cut short for no reason at the hands of cops" and it is seemingly a problem that is both race related and systematic at its core

I agree with you completely with your first paragraph - the cop clearly used excessive force and should be imprisoned for manslaughter. But regarding the second. I am not entirely sure he was killed for racist issues to be honest considering he was high on meths at the time and resisted arrest. There are better people, that have been killed for racist issues, who can be adopted as a martyr figures than this violent thug.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

If critical and not ''towing the line'', it doesn't take long for somebody to accuse you of being ''racist'' - and you have just amply demonstrated that so thank you very much.

I wouldn't want to admit on a public forum that I am racist or hold racist views either. I think that you geniuenly believe you aren't. But the writing's on the wall

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

I wouldn't want to admit on a public forum that I am racist or hold racist views either. I think that you geniuenly believe you aren't. But the writing's on the wall

Cite an example of me demonstrating ''racist views''. If I did, you should be able to find them and quote it....

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Cite an example of me demonstrating ''racist views''. If I did, you should be able to find them and quote it....

First. I just called you out on one. I also called you out on occasional disgusting posts you made in the politics thread. You'll never admit the racist nature of your posts anyways so there's no reason to discuss this any further and spamming this thread. 

Just now, StayofExecution2020 said:

First. I just called you out on one. I also called you out on occasional disgusting posts you made in the politics thread. You'll never admit the racist nature of your posts anyways so there's no reason to discuss this any further and spamming this thread. 

Then you should be able to quote one quite easily...

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Then you should be able to quote one quite easily...

Those posts dont belong here, Hermann. If you wanna discuss it, you can pm me. But I can't promise you that I'll be interested in further conversations with you. You know what You said in those threads. End of story

1 minute ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Those posts dont belong here, Hermann. If you wanna discuss it, you can pm me. But I can't promise you that I'll be interested in further conversations with you. You know what You said in those threads. End of story

I guess there are no examples of ''racist views'' then! You also claimed that I am ''not so fond of black people in general'' and that ''It's obvious that that's the case''; if this ''obvious'' you should then be able to produce examples of me (demonstrating a lack of fondness for black people) then?  

Do you even know what ''racist/racism'' means?

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

11 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

its been a full week since they've said anything on social media, and that post was forced. anyone else feel like they are laying low for fear they may get cancelled if they release any sort of statement? 

Why do you think it was forced? They all posted it on their personal social media accounts (except Axl - but we know that Axl posts randomly whenever he feels like it). I see Fernando has been active on twitter and reddit posting about BLM. 

And why should they make a statement? 

Maybe the official social media hasn't been updated because they think it would be inappropriate to post anything else now. Or, more likely, in typical GnR fashion, they're simply slow in updating their social media.

• Like 3