Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

16 hours ago, DannyVinyard said:

Let Axl be disappointed then. I am disappointed with his mickey voice, haggard look, and cash grab tours. He had unlimited potential back in 2002 and gave up on himself, his band, and his vision.

It's no con. I see it with my own two eyes. Millions of real Americans do as well, which is why we voted Trump. Everywhere I go, I am surrounded by 3rd world foreigners and it didn't used to be like that growing up in the 90's. They are here to flood our schools, hospitals, and prisons....all at hard working American's expense. You are right in that the elites rigged the economy, but they did it by flooding this country with 3rd world foreigners and signing bad trade deals which enabled millions of jobs to be outsourced. If these huge corporations(which bribed the crooked politicians) aren't outsourcing jobs, they are hiring Indians to come here and work through the H1/H2 Visa program. Real Americans have been fleeced. Good paying jobs gone and forced to compete with 3rd worlders for the dead end jobs remaining.

Well, all trumps kids are half 3rd world offspring :D

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, DannyVinyard said:

Let Axl be disappointed then. I am disappointed with his mickey voice, haggard look, and cash grab tours. He had unlimited potential back in 2002 and gave up on himself, his band, and his vision.

It's no con. I see it with my own two eyes. Millions of real Americans do as well, which is why we voted Trump. Everywhere I go, I am surrounded by 3rd world foreigners and it didn't used to be like that growing up in the 90's. They are here to flood our schools, hospitals, and prisons....all at hard working American's expense. You are right in that the elites rigged the economy, but they did it by flooding this country with 3rd world foreigners and signing bad trade deals which enabled millions of jobs to be outsourced. If these huge corporations(which bribed the crooked politicians) aren't outsourcing jobs, they are hiring Indians to come here and work through the H1/H2 Visa program. Real Americans have been fleeced. Good paying jobs gone and forced to compete with 3rd worlders for the dead end jobs remaining.

Where do you live to be “surrounded” by foreigners?  Maybe you didn’t mean that to sound so derogatory

Trump has brought out the worst in many, many Americans.  There is a reason the far right is now more of a threat to our country than Middle East terrorism (just based on pure empirical evidence  at this point)  

Immigration control is obviously important and it’s not like it wasn’t actively enforced before Trump.  Let’s not forget we are a nation of immigrants.  Immigrants commit far less crime than Americans.  And they do the jobs that millions of lazy Americans won’t do (farmers, cooks, cleaners, construction, etc) or are too addicted to drugs to qualify for a lot of basic, middle income jobs.  These people are humans that are trying to survive.   I certain disagree with the far left’s “ban ICE”, but the folks who demonize all immigrants are just cruel. 

Large companies have taken advantage of a flawed immigration system (H1B visa in particular), but job opportunities exist.  Literally there are hundreds of thousands open engineering jobs around the country.

Your “American jobs” were going away no matter what.  That is captialism and globalism.  Either play or die.  And Americans need it because we demand $200 flat panel TVs, cheap computers, your iPhone / Android, $10 t shirts, and a car that works perfect for under $25k.  Any company who employs worker in the US who command 5x what it would cost in India will be out of business before long. Then no one has a job. 

Obama was a good president. Mistakes? Absolutely (Syria is a good example). His administration (and the Fed under Bernanke) did usher us out the Great Recession. I have no confidence the unqualified clowns who work for Trump have the intellectual horse power to do the same  

Dont take this personally.  Just my $0.02

Edited by nycgunner
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

On 11/16/2018 at 10:06 PM, wasted said:

A flaw is that Obama had 8 years and didn’t bring jobs to the rust belt and Hillary made no promises. So they went with the bilionaire who might know how to get things done. A hail mary maybe. They got a tax cut. I wouldn’t be surprosed if Trumps base are happy, mid terms suggested they are. That why the move to impeach, dems don’t know how to beat Trump in an election. 

I don’t think people like Trump were just invented, he’s basically a stereotype of a country club republican. And lying and cheating has always been the way to power. Then there’s the whole hip hop republican thing. I’m pretty much a liberal and never really hang out with Wall Street type guys or military guys. But I’m not sure I have the balls to through them in the trash because they voted republican. Overall that’s a subjective argument. Yes you have to be a bit of bastard to succeed in the business world, especially if you can’t make anything. Honestly if you look into most of prezs the fish was rotten on arrival. We can’t possibly being talking about morals at this late juncture?

In place like Dubai or Saudi it’s always loosening of trade and culture that led to economic growth. It proves the point in a smaller way, even fascists have to go to freedom to make bank. 

But obviously there’s all that oil. Again you can look at the ethics of the US in how they deal in the ME. Wanting countries to trade in the petrodollar is what leads to all the regime changes. The wars lead to distablized countries and global chaos and death. 

My point is just why focus all the outrage on Trump being a supposed white nationalist, when there are real horrors in Yemen to address that go back way before Trump became a reality tv star. I take Trump winning the WH as a sign something is broken in the system, everyone else seems to want to blame Trump for the broken system so that they can have their version of a lying scum bag in office. 

Even then it was old new music. 

Agree with some here but would def challenge you on others. Any economic data would show that there was tremendous job creation starting in 2009. Trump frankly hasn’t changed much job wise. His administration is pretending it did and taking advantage of the positive economic momentum that already existed in Jan 2017 (thank you 10 years of 0%-1% interest rates)

Most “wall streeters” voted for Hillary. I work in nyc finance and basically the majority (id guess 75%) is appalled by Republicans 

System is def broken.  Congress is the worst part of it. Watching the folks like Lindsay Graham sell his soul to trump because it’s political beneficial makes me ill. He called him a “shot to the head” in 2016. Now he is the great strong leader. What happened to standing up for what one believes in?

Sorry for the relatively off topic posts. Love GnR and the recent videos out of Taipei! 

And glad Axl is taking a stand. We at least know his mind is sound 😉

Edited by nycgunner
  • Like 1

On 11/16/2018 at 10:01 PM, GoForJMark said:

I miss it when people talked about new music in here. :lol:

The should really make a separate section of the forum for political discussions... They are a bummer.. Even if they are triggered from Axl's tweets.  His tweets should be moved there too..

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

The should really make a separate section of the forum for political discussions... They are a bummer.. Even if they are triggered from Axl's tweets.  His tweets should be moved there too..

Why do you want to limit Axls free speech?

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

I didn't say anything about limiting anyone's free speech.. There are several different sections of the forum for different shit.. Just recommending a section for political discussions. A lot of people don't care to see all the political bullshit. I didn't say anything about fucking deleting his posts.. Just maybe moving them somewhere else so these threads can actually be about the band.

This is a discussion forum. This thread is where Guns' social media is posted. So people come here to read Guns social media posts and discuss them. Axl, along with other GnR members, post about politics. Then those posts are discussed. I'm against any censorship that says certain social media posts shouldn't be posted and discussed in the social media thread.

6 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yeah they should create Axl and Politics now and put it in the jungle.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I didn't say anything about limiting anyone's free speech.. There are several different sections of the forum for different shit.. Just recommending a section for political discussions. A lot of people don't care to see all the political bullshit. I didn't say anything about deleting his posts.. Just maybe moving them somewhere else so these threads can actually be about the band.

20 hours ago, soon said:

This is a discussion forum. This thread is where Guns' social media is posted. So people come here to read Guns social media posts and discuss them. Axl, along with other GnR members, post about politics. Then those posts are discussed. I'm against any censorship that says certain social media posts shouldn't be posted and discussed in the social media thread.

I've mentioned this before but the staff is stuck between a rock and a hard place on this.

YES, all political discussion should happen in the (very active) Anything Goes section BUT Axl keeps bringing it here because he's using social media to discuss politics.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nikothebellic said:

Oh, guys, don’t quarrel because of politics, it’s so silly. Here in Russia, we can’t even choose our leaders properly, they’re chosen for us, we have no competition at all. It’s great that you still have some kind of democracy, freedom of speech etc. All of our rock-stars, who were critising politics has been trashed and switched for those who loyal or for brainless pop-divas. Axl may say whatever he wants, until his shows are not political. Look at Roger Waters on Us and Them Tour - I liked the performance, the show itself, but it was overwhelmed with political stuff - all the second part was against Trump, pro-muslim etc. Axl may even troll Trump on concerts or something, but until there is no sign “Trump is a Pig” or something on screens - it’s okay, it’s his postion, not band’s. Because even for me, not a voter and not a US citizen it was wierd to see that. What Rose says/writes is his personal opinion, you may ignore it or unsubscribe on media. Music is above politics! 

Well said.. I listen to rock n roll to get away from all that shit.  Everyone is entitled to their opinions but I don't like it when they over boringly embed their opinions into their music and shows..  I would never go see Roger Waters for that reason. I certainly don't want to see it a Guns N' Roses show.  I go to a Guns N' Roses show to rock the fuck out and forget about all the bullshit in the world for 3 hours.  If they do come out with a new album I hope it isn't an overly political one.  Or political at all.  That is just too easy and it will alienate fans one way or the other.  Music that brings people together is much cooler. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Done. 

Thank you.

Everyone please just use this thread to discuss Axl's political tweets. I was going to pin it, but we have enough pinned threads and I'm certain that thread will get bumped enough on it's own:
http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/221648-axl-political-social-media-post-discussion-thread/

48 minutes ago, soon said:

I'm happy the delicate snowflakes might not have to endure Axl's political tweets anymore. Enjoy your safe space!

I sincerely hope that ridiculous post is in jest.

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Thank you.

Everyone please just use this thread to discuss Axl's political tweets. I was going to pin it, but we have enough pinned threads and I'm certain that thread will get bumped enough on it's own:
http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/221648-axl-political-social-media-post-discussion-thread/

I sincerely hope that ridiculous post is in jest.

I dont follow?

Just now, soon said:

I dont follow?

I'm not sure how you couldn't follow. There's people who just want to read GN'R Social Media without having to sift through tons of people arguing about politics just because Axl tweeted about the President.

There's already a VERY active politics thread in the Anything Goes section, but we're creating a second politics thread on the main GN'R board specifically for people to discuss Axl's posts and politics instead of having to scrool past tons of off topic posts. Seems pretty easy to understand that there's no "safe space".

From here forward if you want to discuss anything to do with that, please use the other thread.

• Like 2