Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

2 hours ago, LA_0013 said:

I get your argument - I really do.

But for many (myself included) - as harsh as it sounds he’s a long term hired hand that’s got them through their tours.

Yes, he’s been around since 2002 - but it’s quite striking he didn’t have a single song credit on Chinese (please correct me if I’m wrong).

IMO, the only way to change the perception of Fortus from a hired hand to an official member is if he actually contributes something original to the band, rather than being a (long term) stand in for someone else

Well in a perfect world if we had another recording from say 06 to 2014 in the way of cd2 from the band that has fortus credits we could answer that,but that would have been in axls court.

Edited by Sydney Fan

6 hours ago, SAU3R said:

but at least some small appreciation on social media or so would be nice because as I said he is a big part of the bands history

hahahaha!! That was hilarious.. Do you have more?

5 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

So, it's Dave Kushner on the second guitar on the 2020 tour then :lol:

Gilby!! Izzy would be my first choice but that ain't ever gonna happen.

• GNFNR 1

Just now, SAU3R said:

Sorry that's just my point of view :D for me it's a band with 7 members, not with 3, even though many might disagree 

No need to apologize. I just don't see how he is a "big part" of their history.  If his tenure in the band was erased from existence there would be zero effect on the bands legacy. 

I see them as 4 members.  Slash, Duff, Axl and Dizzy.  I don't think the others fit the band well and there are other's out there that are better. They just had 2 1/2 years to change my mind on that and they weren't able to do it.  

• Like 2

The way I see it Fortus is great for what he was hired for but he'll only be a real and integral part of the band the day they release new material featuring a stable lineup with actual contributions from him, not only a riff or a lick here and there like in Chinese Democracy. Hell, we dont even know what he played on that. 

Then he can demand his face on merch and stuff. 

Edited by default_

Fortus gets his dues paid live in concert, so I don’t think he is treated wholly as a hired hand.  

However, Gn’R should try to incorporate the full band in some of the merch and social media advertising.  I get we are there for Axl and Slash (and Duff) but it’s only the proper way to manage a team 

Edited by nycgunner

2 hours ago, Padme said:

In the New Year picture he posted he is or should be the number 3. We don't know if he meant it or it was just a joke

The way I see it Fortus just makes a joke that he is the 3rd skull in that slide, which is obviously not the case, just to show that once again he is absent from the band's posts.

Not that he is/ should be the 3rd in the band hierarchy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

The way I see it Fortus just makes a joke that he is the 3rd skull in that slide, which is obviously not the case, just to show that once again he is absent from the band's posts.

Not that he is/ should be the 3rd in the band hierarchy.

But if he tried to make a point about being underappreciated. He shouldn't talk to fans. It is not in our hands to fix whatever problem he may have. He should talk to Axl and TB. I don't think that joke(assuming it's a joke) is gonna help him. We have people here and at the IG account telling him that he is not and should not be the third skull. The way he posted is open to different interpretations and opinions.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Fortus gets his dues paid live in concert, so I don’t think he is treated wholly as a hired hand.  

However, Gn’R should try to incorporate the full band in some of the merch and social media advertising.  I get we are there for Axl and Slash (and Duff) but it’s only the proper way to manage a team 

If i were in charge of GN'R's PR/marketing department, i would kick promotion of the entire band into gear with a new album. The big three made sense, given the reunion tour. Now that it is over, they really should be moving everything forward, including promotion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alfierose said:

I think he's just joking around. Fortus strikes me as fairly content with what he does and not a guy with a huge ego. I'm sure understands perfectly well why those 3 are on all the merch.

Agree, i understand in this form, he look like humble guy, without huge ego.

To be a full member of the band in the public eye one has to contribute to the success of the band. The band pretty much had no successes after 1993 until the reunion, so what that they existed.

Edited by Asia
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Asia said:

To be a full member of the band in the public eye one has to contribute to the success of the band. The band pretty much had no successes after 1993 until the reunion, so what that they existed.

I would say this is valid just to the hard-core fans not to the casual ones or to the general public. The general public is focused in Axl and Slash and the rest of the band are “ the other members” and they don’t care that much about this “full member” thing.

• Like 1

A new one from Niven. I'm curious why he's been so vocal lately, especially in his open contempt for the redhead (mostly well deserved imho).

"Just to clarify, let me make it absolutely clear that Steven’s exit from Guns was driven by Axl and Goldstein, and to my understanding was significantly motivated by Axl’s anger at Steven for getting Erin high on smack and having his way with her. And well can I understand that. The support of everyone else for Steven was undercut by his inability, in preproduction, to play a song the same way twice. Steven dug his own hole, jumped in it and pulled the dirt down on top of himself.

As for my motivation being in any way material, let me make it clear that I signed on to a hopeless case because of their attitude – why else would I take on a band ‘built to lose’ as Slash described it at his RRHOF induction.

History, however, has shown that Axl and Goldstein had material motives – Axl, Mr Fifty Per-Cent, was fine with cutting both Steven and Izzy out of the tour. I’d hazard a bet Bugs Bunny ain’t been paid for the Cock Up The Rock video yet – or if he was, he merely got a quarter of a carrot, while Axl took the salad." - Alan Niven

https://www.alternativenation.net/ex-guns-n-roses-manager-details-member-having-his-way-with-axl-rose-wife/

Edited by RONIN

Niven seems bitter Axl basically got what he wanted after all and without including Izzy and Steven, without reuniting the classic line up. Slash and Duff back, renewed acceptance of Axl in the eyes of the public, media, most of the fans, etc.

Who could have led Gn'R to a better path? Slash? Izzy? Duff? I think Axl did the best he could with how he perceived the band and what the future of it should have been. It's not like he was the sole architect of the demise of the old band and there were understandable reasons why it imploded imo. It's easy to just blame it on one ore two people. The responsibility of keeping it together were shared by all 5 members and they couldn't see eye to eye, they wanted different things and couldn't reach a compromise.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

I have to laugh, all this old shit and Axl just lets it ride.  I don't think you can get to him that way.   There's not going to be another Get in the Ring.  He's not going to give any stage time to that kind of reporting.  Pretty much nailing the coffin shut on any Axl interviews.

2 hours ago, RONIN said:

A new one from Niven. I'm curious why he's been so vocal lately, especially in his open contempt for the redhead (mostly well deserved imho).

"Just to clarify, let me make it absolutely clear that Steven’s exit from Guns was driven by Axl and Goldstein, and to my understanding was significantly motivated by Axl’s anger at Steven for getting Erin high on smack and having his way with her. And well can I understand that. The support of everyone else for Steven was undercut by his inability, in preproduction, to play a song the same way twice. Steven dug his own hole, jumped in it and pulled the dirt down on top of himself.

As for my motivation being in any way material, let me make it clear that I signed on to a hopeless case because of their attitude – why else would I take on a band ‘built to lose’ as Slash described it at his RRHOF induction.

History, however, has shown that Axl and Goldstein had material motives – Axl, Mr Fifty Per-Cent, was fine with cutting both Steven and Izzy out of the tour. I’d hazard a bet Bugs Bunny ain’t been paid for the Cock Up The Rock video yet – or if he was, he merely got a quarter of a carrot, while Axl took the salad." - Alan Niven

https://www.alternativenation.net/ex-guns-n-roses-manager-details-member-having-his-way-with-axl-rose-wife/

Interesting, i thought niven was still managing guns when steven was in the band and doug didnt come in until about 91 when the illusions were ready to drop?.