Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

3 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Why axl ever thought to have a nanny and her son as managers ill never get.

I'm no TB fan, but I'll keep opposing calling Beta that. If I'm not mistaken, she was an executive secretary in Brazil, but as an immigrant she probably wouldn't have been able to secure a position like that in the US. Secondly, that was almost 30 years ago. 30 years ago, I wasn't even in high school, but now I have a degree and have been a professional for quite some time now. I'm not saying it makes her the perfect woman for the job, at all. But I don't like the denigrating 'nanny' talk.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

As someone who has experience in the field, the way GN'R's management conducts PR and marketing drives me up the fucking wall.

Many years he is GNR management, but still not learned nothing of treat fans with minimun respect.

• Like 4

On 22/03/2019 at 4:29 PM, jamillos said:

Can’t help myself, this looks like Matt and a bunch of his cousins. Bloated massive boozy heads, high foreheads, shades, and goatees...

Im sure of them in the photo the one  standing at the back is billy duffy from the cult. 

58 minutes ago, VampireSoul said:

4tus just posted a birthday pic of Frank, and Slash is standing behind him.. Not sure if it's an old picture or are they together now? 

That pic is from 2016/17

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nikosgnr said:

Yikes.  I always thought of Axl as a rebel, intelligent, and capable of thinking for himself.  Not just another one falling in line with all the other Hollywood millionaires.  He’s become another Stern.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

Exactly. Btw, I’m fascinated by all these people who say that Axl should shut up on the twitter about this stuff or politics in general. It’s like, you’re a singer and have no business venturing into anything else. (Just shut up and sing.) But Axl’s always been into politics in his own way. And where is it written that he can’t have his say? What have all these smartass complainers achieved in their own lives then? At least he’s a publicly known person, known for something he’s achieved, while these are nobodies being smart on an internet forum, and nobody cares what they think. 
Humbleness. Humbleness is what people lack in these times of spoiled millennials who have a firm opinion on everything and think the world owes them something. These are the same people who bitch about playlists of shows they didn’t even attend, but just because they watch shitty streams on the internet, they think everything sucks and they are right to criticize it...

Wow. Harsh but true. 

You know we millennials get blamed for killing the napkin industry too? :lol:

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

WTF :lol: How would you know what each "smartass complainer" has achieved in their lives?

The thought of you that people on the Internet are all bums in a basement is ridiculous. There are people of all kinds and professions interacting online, some have achieved more than Axl, depending on how you define success and achievements. IMO, a doctor and a teacher are much more valuable for society than a rock singer.

Why is Rose special just because he earned fame and success in the 80s? Do you really think what he does elevates him over a science person? A bus driver? A farmer?

Obviously, he has the right to post whatever he wants in his social media accounts but it doesn't necessarily mean that he is obliged to do it or that his opinion is the big deal, or that his opinion is more valuable than that of a professor.

You don't preach humbleness by saying this kind of things, where the message is that money and Hollywood fame are the ultimate achievement in life.

You’ve completely twisted my point around. I’m not saying his opinions are more valuable than doctors’, I’m saying that if an average fan (whatever he/she does for a living) on a forum can have his/her opinion on politics and share it publicly, why a singer, out of all people, couldn’t? It seriously smells like that "just stfu and sing" attitude, that’s what I meant. That constant disgust and eyeroll over Axl’s public statements regarding DT is just lame. Would you tell a doctor or teacher to just shut up and heal/teach if they wrote something like this on twitter? No, it’s their goddamn business, isn’t it. But some people seem to act as if they thought music is the only matter Axl should make statements about, because it’s not conceivable he could or should have opinions on other things as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WhazUp said:

"Axl should be a free thinking person.  Unless he thinks something I don't think, then he is not intelligent or capable of thinking for himself"

Exactly , this show Axl still is rebel , because he is conscious that many people criticize he about his opinions , but he don't care about it. Good for Axl.

• Like 2